Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2016, 5:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
I am a Platinum Premier for the third year in a row. Got a gift last year but apparently they ran out of gifts two years ago. I still have not received my gift for this year. Everyone seems to have received their gift in March. Should I be concerned?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond, National Executive Elite
Wow! I have secret status.

My mobile card says Plat Premier.. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it . I'll be looking for my tile.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Safti
I am a Platinum Premier for the third year in a row. Got a gift last year but apparently they ran out of gifts two years ago. I still have not received my gift for this year. Everyone seems to have received their gift in March. Should I be concerned?
I never received my gift this year. Should you be concerned is more the question of do you want it? If so call them. They may tell you they are all gone. Me personally....not worth the hassle for the gift. Would rather they actually focus on giving true elite benefits for their PP
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Safti
I would think "it's over Johnny" at this point...
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by southernmom
My mobile card says Plat Premier.. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it . I'll be looking for my tile.
Mine, too. If you mean the text that pops up when you click "more about your mobile card:"

Welcome to your Marriott Rewards Elite mobile card.

Your Platinum Premier Elite benefits travel with you...
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP MM/UA MM/Marriott PLT Premier-LT PLT
Program still feels like it aggravates me more than rewards me. I'd rather have no greeting at all than to hear the "we appreciate your platinum" or "we have many platinum guests ...". Every once in awhile (it seems at the highest end properties) they do recognize the level, but I don't understand why Marriott can't even train the hotels on a proper greeting and make them aware what the level is.

I have been PP for 4 years and have seen no changes in acceptance or understanding of the level.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by unhappyflyer
Program still feels like it aggravates me more than rewards me. I'd rather have no greeting at all than to hear the "we appreciate your platinum" or "we have many platinum guests ...". Every once in awhile (it seems at the highest end properties) they do recognize the level, but I don't understand why Marriott can't even train the hotels on a proper greeting and make them aware what the level is.

I have been PP for 4 years and have seen no changes in acceptance or understanding of the level.
Exactly. +1000
Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I was demoted this year after many but still LTP. My pet peeve is the phony, rehearsed, robotic "thank you" speech after you've been turned down for an upgrade or even to the concierge level that obviously wasn't pre-blocked. Farmington CT Marriott, I'm looking at you...
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It astounds me that they've had this PP level based on revenue, yet it has little relation to the new VIP Concierge Program.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
How do you know you are Platinum Premier?

In recent weeks, on two separate occasions, the FD at checkin mentioned I must travel a lot because I'm a Platinum Premier. When I look at my online account, I see "Platinum Elite" only. So do PPs see the word "Premier" when they look at their account?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by HookEm
In recent weeks, on two separate occasions, the FD at checkin mentioned I must travel a lot because I'm a Platinum Premier. When I look at my online account, I see "Platinum Elite" only. So do PPs see the word "Premier" when they look at their account?
Yes
Attached Images  
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by HookEm
Likely the product of ongoing confusion amongst customer-facing front desk staff as to what this actually is. I recently was given a water bottle at a CY where I routinely stay congratulating me on my PP account (this was actually printed on the label), which has yet to (and is not likely to) ever materialize.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
I had staff mixup my lifetime Platinum with Platinum Premier last year pretty frequently...maybe that is the case for the OP as well?

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:30 am

Majority of hotel staff IMO are not trained on what PP actually is and can easily confuse platinum vs PP. Though benefits are the same so it doesn't really matter. It's the front desk staff that thinks PP is not higher than platinum that become a pain when they argue lounge access and PAG, but on those agents I take advantage of the guarantee and force the hotel to then pay me.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:09 pm

im not sure what the computer screens are showing now but i would be interested in seeing it. In December i was thanked for being plat. premier lifetime (but said with a confused tone). i am lifetime plat but have been getting plat premier each year. last i knew the screen never reflected lifetime status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.