Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Got to keep in mind what's offered online does not represent actual inventory available. The property was probably very happy to "sell" another waterfront room hoping someone will not show up and bump someone up a category or two if they do. Whereas, they are not willing to "give away" a waterfront room otherwise.
Well aware. But in my experience (15+ years at marriott), online inventory (or I simply call in and ask the Plat/PP line) is usually pretty spot on.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Chewie
It's not government rate. Having said that almost 100% of the times, I get upgraded to some amazing rooms overseas. A few favorites have been an unbelievable suite at JW Beijing, marriott sky city (HK) and autograph am steinplaz (Berlin).

My next three hotels overseas (end of feb, and two in March) have already been upgraded.

No room is over $200 USD per night.
This year has been much worse. Constantly running into properties that don't know what PP is. Take my last 3 of 4 trips with a colleague who is gold. She has been bumped up each time. I haven't even received the concierge floor the last four times or a high floor room or a corner room or a room with a view. 2 of the last 4 said Gold is higher than PP and 1 said same as Plat. Only one recognized as PP but no upgrade. We flew in together so checked in at same time.

I almost wish to be able to just go back to Plat as at least the hotels are trained on what a Plat is compared to a PP which they believe is below gold....
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:44 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC last year there were reports of Marriott Lifetime Platinums getting *A *Gold from UA. Could that explain how some people here seem to be getting UA *Gold and others UA *Silver. It sounds strange that Marriott would give better benefits to LTP than PP but perhaps *Gold from UA is only going to those who are both LTP and PP.
Gold was a limited time offer. If you did not sign up during that time period, which was not announced, you got Silver. There was another guy and I who both did not sign up during that time period and were told we were SOOL on getting Gold. I was both PP and LTP, so it had nothing to do with that. If you look back in the applicable thread, you will find us both posting about it at the time with the specifics of our conversations with both Marriott and United.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by dank0014
...I almost wish to be able to just go back to Plat as at least the hotels are trained on what a Plat is compared to a PP which they believe is below gold....
I tend to think FDCs are the least trained of all the Marriott staff regarding the MR program. I had one try to tell me once I made Plat it was for life and I did not have to qualify year after year. Pretty simple concept, but no one filled her in (until me).

As for wishing to go back to Plat, make the call and place the request. Maybe they will have a solution for you. I'm still not sure MR knows what PP is supposed to be, let alone the properties, and the members. It is a good psych experiment, call something a higher, special level and see how many will fight to get there.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Gold was a limited time offer. If you did not sign up during that time period, which was not announced, you got Silver. There was another guy and I who both did not sign up during that time period and were told we were SOOL on getting Gold. I was both PP and LTP, so it had nothing to do with that. If you look back in the applicable thread, you will find us both posting about it at the time with the specifics of our conversations with both Marriott and United.
Last year I simply received a *Gold from UA in the mail; I never called or signed up for anything. I'm both PP and Lifetime Plat, although I haven't yet received a new card from UA.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:59 am

Last year I simply received a *Gold from UA in the mail; I never called or signed up for anything. I'm both PP and Lifetime Plat, although I haven't yet received a new card from UA.
You had to enroll in Crossover Rewards, it was not automatic. Marriott and UA each had pages on their sites for their members to enroll in the other's program. From The Points Guy:
Following in the footsteps of the Crossover Rewards partnership between Delta and Starwood, United just launched a similar program called RewardsPlus which will provide reciprocal benefits with Marriott. To participate, you can register at either the Marriott Registration Page or United Registration page.
Read more: http://thepointsguy.com/2013/07/unit...#ixzz409cpJDWo

PPs who had enrolled by a certain date were bumped up to Gold. Those of us who had not enrolled yet were unable to get Gold later. You had to enroll in Crossover Rewards, there was no automatic registration. You did not enroll for Gold.

Something happened when I tried to enroll the first time and the enrollment did not happen. I didn't think it was a big deal since I had no plans to fly United. Later, because someone else posted, I called Marriott and was told the time period for getting Gold had passed. The other poster was also told the same thing. Once again, I tried to enroll but it didn't go through. Last month, because I was going to fly UA, I called and explained my enrollment had never gone through. Again, I was told the period for Gold was over, but I was registered as a Silver, which gets me free baggage check, which is what I was looking for.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sorry, but I know I didn't enroll and I did receive a UA *Gold card in the mail. Since my account is very old, there's a chance that decades ago I might have entered my hotel account numbers on my FF accounts or vv, but I haven't flown UA in several years.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:22 am

Sorry, but I know I didn't enroll and I did receive a UA *Gold card in the mail. Since my account is very old, there's a chance that decades ago I might have entered my hotel account numbers on my FF accounts or vv, but I haven't flown UA in several years.
Maybe they culled account numbers already entered on each other's accounts like they sometimes do for MegaBonus, but I clearly remember having to go to the Webpage on the Marriott site to enroll, as is stated on every Website that comes up when I do a search. They did not automatically sign me up, and my first two tries failed for some reason. Different Marriott reps have told me Gold was a limited time offer for PPs, with no mention of LTP.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP; UA Silver; Marriott Platinum Premier; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Platinum; National Executive Elite
Made PP for the first time this year. I have been Platinum every year since 2012 and had rollover most years. No rollover last year however due to reduced travel in 2014.

2015 stats:

158 nights, all paid

0 Credit card nights

0 Meeting nights

0 Rollover nights (due to reduced travel in 2014)
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:20 pm

Stayed at a recently opened (6 months ago) Residence Inn last night and the FD seemed to know what PP was or maybe the property is using the newer software that specifically shows it? I thought possibly since they had just opened maybe the training they received was still fresh in his mind. Anyways, he started to explain the room he had for me and then stopped himself and said if you give me a minute I will see if i can get you an upgrade. Got a nice corner king suite which is about the highest upgrade one can get at a normal RI. I was surprised as their was no corner king rooms shown as available on the website for reservations. maybe I robbed it from a lowly gold.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
about the same

Originally Posted by outwrdbound
Made PP for the first time this year. I have been Platinum every year since 2012 and had rollover most years. No rollover last year however due to reduced travel in 2014.

2015 stats:
158 nights, all paid
0 Credit card nights
0 Meeting nights
0 Rollover nights (due to reduced travel in 2014)
Also a first time PP, 155 actual stay nights, 5 credit card nights, & 0 meeting nights. Plat for past 7 years.
- FDC did say that PP is a different color on their screen than Plat, but benefits are the same.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/LTT AA PLT
Originally Posted by Jiatong
Also a first time PP, 155 actual stay nights, 5 credit card nights, & 0 meeting nights. Plat for past 7 years.
- FDC did say that PP is a different color on their screen than Plat, but benefits are the same.
Just wonder if you ever stay more than 150 nights during that 7 years of Plat?

I seems most people were granded PP after at least 3 full years of Platinum. I been Platinum for 2 full years and a half, stayed 212night paid last year, still platinum
Old Feb 16, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Originally Posted by impinth06
Just wonder if you ever stay more than 150 nights during that 7 years of Plat?
Last 7 years average was about 80 nights a year,(never over 100 till 2015), 2015 was about double the average and included about 2 dozen nights over $300 a night.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:45 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by moseslin
I'm also quite confused. I was PP last year and hence received UA gold status. I didn't requal for PP this year, but I just received an email the "Welcome to Premier Gold status." I assume that means it expires in Jan 2017. Anyone know where I can check?
http://mystatus.united.com
Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by TommyC80
Thanks. Someone upthread already linked to the Mileageplus card showing the expiration date, which is what I was looking for.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...emberCard.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.