Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by jwlowry
A recent benefit accorded me as a freshly (re)minted Plat Premier: access to the Gold Customer Service line and a twenty-five minute wait to talk to a representative. After which, I was disconnected after a twenty minute hold.

Bad form, Marriott Rewards. Bad form.
I've never had a bad experience calling the PP number directly. It always gives me the option to be redirected to the Platinum line if there is a projected wait as well, and never have waited more than 2 minutes in numerous calls. Did you call the right line? You don't want to call the standard line as it drops you into the standard elite queue.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
As a newly minted PP I wonder/hope if they'll bring back the upgrade to UA gold.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by njcommodore
As a newly minted PP I wonder/hope if they'll bring back the upgrade to UA gold.
UA Gold is nice for booking economy plus at the time of reservation and lounge acces when flying internationally. If you want upgrades however, I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm a 1K and am currently on a SFO-BOS flight and am #10 on the upgrade list after 12 people cleared already. I rarely get CPUs. I even apply RPUs to most reservations and those don't even clear and I wind up getting them back.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by JHake10
UA Gold is nice for booking economy plus at the time of reservation and lounge acces when flying internationally. If you want upgrades however, I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm a 1K and am currently on a SFO-BOS flight and am #10 on the upgrade list after 12 people cleared already. I rarely get CPUs. I even apply RPUs to most reservations and those don't even clear and I wind up getting them back.
I know re upgrades, I'm a former 1K myself who used to fly out of EWR. But the extra bag, E+ at checkin, lounge access while traveling internationally and free same day change are big benefits.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by njcommodore
I know re upgrades, I'm a former 1K myself who used to fly out of EWR. But the extra bag, E+ at checkin, lounge access while traveling internationally and free same day change are big benefits.
Plus elite check in and security lines and relatively early boarding.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:01 pm

Got home today and checked the mail from the week. Oddly enough, I received another PP mailing. The first one didn't include the card or a gift, but this one was the exact same booklet and included the card.

Perhaps they are going away with the PP gift or they just didn't want to send me one
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by dank0014
Perhaps they are going away with the PP gift or they just didn't want to send me one
I'd trade the gift in exchange for some concrete PP benefits in writing. If not, at least send me a marriott t shirt or something.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by swintec
I'd trade the gift in exchange for some concrete PP benefits in writing. If not, at least send me a marriott t shirt or something.
I wouldn't hold our breath on that. Marriott doesn't seem interested in actually giving any additional benefits to PP, rather more focused on giving so many people free status. Their goal is to have the most elites it seems like
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:24 pm

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Three years of Platinum, five years of Plat Premiere brought me to lifetime plat last year, so they "downgraded" me to lifetime plat.

Just noticed that I am Plat Premiere again. Maybe I can impress some FDA agent this year, it doesn't seem to be worth much else.

In fairness, when I get rooms for friends, even on points, they get upgrades and are treated very well. Maybe I am just spoiled.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 2:56 pm

Do we know the criteria to becoming Platinum Premiere? I did >250 nights in 2015 and I'm only a Platinum for 2016 (I had 186 nights rollover from 2015) right now =[

---EDIT---

Ah I read through the thread and it seems I need to have been Platinum for at least three years or something like that. 2015 was my first year with Marriott
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bochtoyota
Do we know the criteria to becoming Platinum Premiere? I did >250 nights in 2015 and I'm only a Platinum for 2016 right now =[
The only "criteria" is to be in the top 3% of some fictitious number only MR knows. IF MR believes you to be, or close to being a high-value customer they will bestow PP status. What you get for that continues to be un-measurable these days. Having had PP status for one year (many years ago) I did get a nice solar charger and it was the last year they offered a dining discount.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
The only "criteria" is to be in the top 3% of some fictitious number only MR knows. IF MR believes you to be, or close to being a high-value customer they will bestow PP status. What you get for that continues to be un-measurable these days. Having had PP status for one year (many years ago) I did get a nice solar charger and it was the last year they offered a dining discount.
Correct, I never had platinum for three years as many have stated when I was given PP. it just seems people like to start certain assumptions in the criteria and others jump on the bandwagon when they say "oh yea I had three years so that must be the requirement."
Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by dank0014
Correct, I never had platinum for three years as many have stated when I was given PP. it just seems people like to start certain assumptions in the criteria and others jump on the bandwagon when they say "oh yea I had three years so that must be the requirement."
hmm..why do you think you got invited to PP?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by bochtoyota
hmm..why do you think you got invited to PP?
No clue.

I stayed a significant number of nights, but there are others who have many more nights than me who don't get PP.

I was Hyatt Courtesy Card and needed to shift business over to Marriott. First year with Marriott I status match to Marriott and was given platinum. I remained platinum through the year until I found out I was given PP at the beginning of the next year. If I recalled it was around 175 nights that first year. All I do know is that most of my stays are in larger city centers and usually don't ever stay at rooms under $200 base rates. That is all I do know.

In the end though, doesn't really matter. PP doesn't do anything more for me. I wish Marriott would develop something like Courtest Card as that was a really nice benefit. PP is just platinum.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Joined Marriott Rewards in 2014, having never stayed a single night with them previously. Hit platinum in 2014 and awarded PP since fall 2015.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.