Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Did anyone else receive the charter member metal card? Surprised I haven't seen it here.

At 130 nights last year ... reading above, I'm a little concerned I may get home and see the non-renewal letter for PP. Makes me wonder if I should have shifted those 10 nights to Starwood!
I received mine yesterday. I understand that as a replacement for the Elite Concierge program to start to line up with the SPG program. I don't know if it matches up with PP in any way other than the people who have ambassadors are the people who travel often.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ross123
I received mine yesterday. I understand that as a replacement for the Elite Concierge program to start to line up with the SPG program. I don't know if it matches up with PP in any way other than the people who have ambassadors are the people who travel often.
Not sure but good point. I have been PP for the last two years, but haven't heard if I re-qualified for it this year. My account still shows PP, however.

I wonder if you can qualify for Ambassador services and not be a PP?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum/Ambassador
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Not sure but good point. I have been PP for the last two years, but haven't heard if I re-qualified for it this year. My account still shows PP, however.

I wonder if you can qualify for Ambassador services and not be a PP?
Apparently you can. I've been included in the Elite Concierge/Ambassador program since it began last year, and received the metal card this past week. I started heavy travel 3.5 years ago, have been Plat for 3 years, and just hit LT Plat. I thought I would probably get the PP designation this year, but it didn't happen.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: Marriott, PP, Plat for life, Ambassador
Ok, so Ive been PP for a couple of years and Lifetime P for ??. Got the speaker, Tile, WSJ digital copy and some toiltery bag. Yesterday, I got this metal luggage bag that says; Ambassador Charter Member bla bla bla.

So besides using this to spread out Bondo, what does it do? I read the blurb on the Marriott site...it has some big loopholes regarding late check out.

BTW, the speaker and Tile are awesome. I actually use the Tile to find my phone most of the time.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: Marriott, PP, Plat for life, Ambassador
Originally Posted by RadSam
Apparently you can. I've been included in the Elite Concierge/Ambassador program since it began last year, and received the metal card this past week. I started heavy travel 3.5 years ago, have been Plat for 3 years, and just hit LT Plat. I thought I would probably get the PP designation this year, but it didn't happen.
So did you get the Ambassador Luggage tag instead of PP? I was expecting a little gift and go this. Im gonna be PO'd if I didnt make PP. That little trinket gift is what keeps me going hahah.

But seriously....am I no longer PP?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by RogerD408
The only metric hinted by MR is the top 3% of it's members. We don't know if that is solely based upon nights, spend, distance between properties you've stayed in, number of Marriott execs you know, or some combination of the above. But given it's a percentage, you can be knocked out of the running if someone else does one extra something than you do, even if you should double your activity. So there's no sense in "striving" for PP, but just be surprised if it happens and as long as it lasts.
I spoke with a customer service representative about the PP part of the program, and she stated that it is apparently looking at the overall amount of business done with Marriott, not just nights. She mentioned things like credit card spend. So - living in a country where Marriott credit cards are unavailable - does anyone confess to being a PP without having a Marriott credit card?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Sounds completely made up to me. What great benefit to the chain would be gained by massive credit card spend other than Chase having to buy Marriott Rewards points at some discounted rate? Or maybe that's pure profit to Marriott Corp since the Franchisees have to bear most of the cost of redemption?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Trav1970
I spoke with a customer service representative about the PP part of the program, and she stated that it is apparently looking at the overall amount of business done with Marriott, not just nights. She mentioned things like credit card spend. So - living in a country where Marriott credit cards are unavailable - does anyone confess to being a PP without having a Marriott credit card?
I've been PP for several years without a Marriott branded credit card.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Trav1970
Unfortunately I hear of many CSRs making something up hoping to appease the customer and send them away. MR does not publicise the metrics for PP because it only takes one member to earn a point more than you do to toss you from the program (based upon the top 3% metric touted). Imagine if one year that line was at say, 175 nights, and the next year 10% of the members did over 175 nights. I bet there would be a lot of screaming going on.

In fact, MR tried something like this when I first made PP. They deemed 110 nights was the threshold and tried to impose that for calculating my rollover nights. Given I ended the year as Platinum and PP was not granted until well into January, it was unfair to steal those 35 rollover nights. A few emails back and forth finally found someone that agreed and my account was corrected.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Been plain old Premier for 7+ years, I guess I am in minority or my travel patterns and hotels have worked in my favor but I get upgraded to JR suite and above at least 40% ++ of the time.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I was Premier Platinum last year but only had a few paid nights last year so thought I would come down to Gold where my United status would put me but I just got a letter stating they were giving me Platinum this year based on my history. Very nice of them! I need that so I can get maximum benefits as I burn off my Marriott points

I was on a good run to lifetime Platinum but I am going to have to take a break...

I like Marriott/SPG but right now the Fairmont is right next door to my work, get a great rate, and the nearest Marriott/SPG is about 7 blocks away (not counting the unacceptable Springhill Suites).
Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Just got my 2017 PP renewal -- shipped Feb. 9 from GA, arrived today SF Bay area. I have been PP for a couple of years now and am lifetime Pt, but haven't gotten the Ambassador.

I'll vote for # of nights being the primary (if not sole) factor for PP, because I don't have a Marriott card, stay mostly at RI at corp rates which are significantly discounted, and when I do wander into a full-service or one of the other brands, again the rates are quite a bit lower than what they are currently quoting as the member rates. All in, I'm guessing my spend would be in the bottom 1/2 if not bottom quartile of the PP pool.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by garkster
Just got my 2017 PP renewal -- shipped Feb. 9 from GA, arrived today SF Bay area. I have been PP for a couple of years now and am lifetime Pt, but haven't gotten the Ambassador.
Dont keep us in suspense...what was the PP gift?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by swintec
Dont keep us in suspense...what was the PP gift?
dont think there is one. I didn't receive one with my card, but then again they "ran out" last year on my too.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Plat Premier here as well without a Credit Card since those are not available in Luxembourg. First time Plat Premier after around 7 years of qualifying for Platinum. I did get a card but no gift whatsoever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.