Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RogerD408
There are no published goals needed to make PP other than being in the top 3% of members in the program. They don't say what makes up the 3% either, so it could be any combination of nights, stays, dollars spent, number of days holding a reservation, or how many MR executives have the same first name. Since this is a moving target every year, the best you can do is pour all your stays into MR and hope you break the tape.

Personally, the one year I had it (the last year they did the dining discount) the dining discount was the only benefit I liked. From my reads today, there's little, if anything, worth while in the status, unless just the fact you got the brass ring means anything even if you have no where to toss it.
Is it top 3% of all members, which would probably roughly be all Plats, or the top 3% of elites or the top 3% of Plats?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is it top 3% of all members, which would probably roughly be all Plats, or the top 3% of elites or the top 3% of Plats?
MR has no desire to let this be known. The guess is they start picking until they run out of membership kits. It's tough to think I was in the top 3% when I made PP.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by RogerD408
MR has no desire to let this be known. The guess is they start picking until they run out of membership kits. It's tough to think I was in the top 3% when I made PP.
I agree, for the 3 years I unexpectedly made it. Maybe had 100 nights BIB in those years which seems pedestrian to others posting here. If there is a 3% criterium, it has to be based on ALL members which would be huge.

TOTAL conjecture but based on my experience perhaps an individual hotel has the ability to nominate one as I became very friendly with staff & management at one property averaging 40+ nights a year.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by joshua362
it has to be based on ALL members which would be huge.
What good is it figuring in basic, silver and even golds into the equation though (unless you mean it would drag the percentages down)? Anyone spending any amount of time in a hotel to come close to PP levels would already be platinum or achieve platinum in the calendar year and then there is the datapoint that you need to be platinum for at least three years to even be considered.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by swintec
What good is it figuring in basic, silver and even golds into the equation though (unless you mean it would drag the percentages down)? Anyone spending any amount of time in a hotel to come close to PP levels would already be platinum or achieve platinum in the calendar year and then there is the datapoint that you need to be platinum for at least three years to even be considered.
Only because I can't believe I was in the top 3% of PLT given my numbers and of others I know who were granted PP around 2011. Seems like something was relaxed and the pool of 3% got much bigger.

Doesn't really matter, it's all just double secret probation anyway...
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Noticed upon logging in today that I have been bumped up to PP.

I have been Plat for numerous years. I didn't note my 2016 year-end numbers, but I have 52 nights currently in 2017 from rollover.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Congrats !

I have hopes of qualifying this year but not as many roll over nights as you!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I was a PP in 2016, but no word on 2017. I had around 200 BIB nights in 2016. I rolled over 164 nights into 2017 already.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Check into a hotel yesterday, staff told me welcome, I see you're a Platinum Premier (ok this was news to me)...

First time anyone has said that to me. I logged into Marriott.com, says PP.

I'm expecting nothing out of this, other than FT bragging rights.

I'm LT Plat (as of last year)
2016 142 nights, 25 were roll-over.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:11 pm

I know many have given reports of being bumped up to PP, but haven't seen anything on renewals.

Quick post that looks like renewals just happened. I received my new card in the mail looks like in past two days since I just got home - no PP gift yet though.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by dank0014
I know many have given reports of being bumped up to PP, but haven't seen anything on renewals.

Quick post that looks like renewals just happened. I received my new card in the mail looks like in past two days since I just got home - no PP gift yet though.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:20 pm

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
This may sound like a stupid question but what is Platinum Premier versus Platinum. I've been LT Platinum for a couple of years and my account says Platinum Premier, and I think for the past couple of years. I also see some people talking about Platinum Elite, which I was assuming was a higher status. I'm sure this sounds really stupid coming from someone who stays at Marriott a lot.

Last edited by John Aldeborgh; Feb 6, 2017 at 9:18 pm
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Platinum Elite would be the same as Platinum. However, Platinum Premier is a special unpublished invitation only level above Platinum or Platinum Eliot.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:48 pm

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Platinum Elite would be the same as Platinum. However, Platinum Premier is a special unpublished invitation only level above Platinum or Platinum Eliot.
That's funny, I was thinking I was Platinum Premier was one step below Platinum Elite so I was wondering what the qualification requirements were for "Elite" status, which sounds more high-class than premier. Are there differences in the benefits? As you can tell I've never given it much thought as I'm generally teated fairly well.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by John Aldeborgh
That's funny, I was thinking I was Platinum Premier was one step below Platinum Elite so I was wondering what the qualification requirements were for "Elite" status, which sounds more high-class than premier. Are there differences in the benefits? As you can tell I've never given it much thought as I'm generally teated fairly well.
You get a dedicated phone line for reservations that keeps limited hours.

Traditionally, there's an annual gift such as a charger, a portable speaker, a digital WSJ subscription, a hanging toiletry bag, etc.

Most Marriott family hotel staff don't know what PP means either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.