Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Paris Republique Hotel - Paris France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Paris Republique Hotel - Paris France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2017, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Helpful thread. ^

I'm thinking this property could be my choice for an upcoming October trip. Will report back after if I stay.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Wonderful thread! We'll be staying there in October, too.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I stayed here for a week between Christmas and New Year's on points and paid a small cash surcharge for a slightly nicer room. They upgraded me on top of that. Staff was great. They even put a real Christmas tree, complete with lights and ornaments, in my room. By the second day, all of the staff knew my name.

I actually liked the breakfast. It was more than enough to hold me over until dinner. Some days I asked for an extra croissant because I knew I would be walking and need something around 1 o'clock to hold me over until dinner. The location is superb; 15-20 minutes by foot to the major tourist sights. Some days I walked for 5-6 hours around Paris.

I really enjoyed sitting in my window at night with a glass of wine and watching the people walk by on the street below.

My only complaint is that they could provide a little more to platinum guests -- like free non-alcoholic drinks from the mini-bar or a daily free cocktail/glass of wine -- since there is no executive lounge.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Just booked for 4 nights in October.

Will report back.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
Just booked for 4 nights in October.

Will report back.
Use the concierge desk, which was very helpful to me. Not only did they book me tickets for a concert and allow me to charge it to the room, but they were also helpful in recommending local cheesemongers, vinters and so forth. I believe the hotel even has complimentary bicycles for guest use.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:09 am
Suspended

Stayed here again.

Property is one of the better Renaissance properties. It broadly boasts a 5-star rating from the French hotel regulator. It definitely fits the new Renaissance brand -- corporate boutique -- more so than many older Renaissance properties.

There isn't a lounge but gold and platinums receive a generous breakfast by French standards. No buffet. I recommend skipping the 500 arrival points and instead taking advantage of the cheese, wine or soda pop offerings. For what it's worth, this property serves Coke not Pepsi. The fitness room is small but the equipment is top-notch. There are complimentary bicycles for guests to explore Paris.

The staff make this property great; particularly the concierge and front desk. The service in the restaurant is good, but inconsistent. For example, some mornings at breakfast I had to ask for refills of water or for the fresh juice that was included with my breakfast. I had dinner one night at Origin, the restaurant. The food was good and beautifully presented. Perhaps Michelin star worthy, but the service just wasn't there. Then again, it's Paris and restaurant service is notorious. For example, if I'm buying a bottle of wine at 50 euros I expect the bottle to be presented to me and for it to be opened in my presence. Nevertheless, the staff were polite, friendly and generally fluent in English. Like other big city hotels, housekeeping can be a little inconsistent. I was told by the manager that housekeeping services have been outsourced to a third-party contractor (much like the Marriott County Hall in London). Two nights I received turndown service, two nights I didn't receive turndown service. Amenities were replaced twice every day. Bathrobes and slippers provided. Special requests like extra towels and pillows were not provided. A newspaper was delivered upon request.

I booked a basic room on points. I was upgraded to what the hotel calls its Bobo room, which the front desk described as a junior suite. I would call it a regular-sized room by U.S. standards, but it had a sofa couch, arm chair and ottoman, Nespresso machine and large TV. The room had a lovely street view, which was great for sitting in the windows with a glass of wine and people watching. My only complaint about the room is the TV. It is in a fixed position so you can't watch it from the chair, sofa couch, or from the window.

Unfortunately, the hotel hasn't corrected its design flaws. The sink basins are too short and the water pressure is too strong. Water splashes everywhere. There also isn't much space to place your own toiletries, unless you keep them in your bag. The combination bathtub and shower is very nice, especially the rainforest-style shower. The hot water is hot, not lukewarm. Like the sink basins, the one-quarter glass door doesn't stop water from the shower going all over the floor.

All things considered, this is an exceptional hotel in an up-and-coming Paris neighborhood. I've stayed twice now and would gladly return. It would be nice if they did more for platinums since there isn't a lounge. The amenities provided to a gold shouldn't be identical to a platinum. I would appreciate a mini-fridge of complimentary soda pop instead of the expensive mini-bar prices or even a discount toward dinner in the restaurant.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Can anyone recommend any restaurants around here that is good for 1 person or good take out recommendation?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:32 pm

Which Marriott property would everyone recommend in Paris? I had been looking at the arc de triomphe Renaissance but this one also looks nice. I've never been to the city before and am looking to book 5 nights on points.

The girlfriend should have platinum status by the time we make our stay if that makes any difference.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
Which Marriott property would everyone recommend in Paris? I had been looking at the arc de triomphe Renaissance but this one also looks nice. I've never been to the city before and am looking to book 5 nights on points.

The girlfriend should have platinum status by the time we make our stay if that makes any difference.
Well, this property is a category-8 property so you will save points as opposed to the category-9.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Would you consider this area a bit less tourisy? I'm debating between here or the Westin Vendome or Marriott Opera. The Westin is actually a little bit cheaper, but I'm not a big fan of their double connecting doors between the superior rooms.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
It's not a touristy area. That's one of the things that appeals to me about this hotel. It's walking distance to lots of little local bistros and cafes that are busy and filled with locals. The restaurant within the hotel itself gets a lot of local patronage, which I think is always a good sign. You are within walking distance of the Marais, which is one of the most interesting and oldest neighborhoods in Paris: lots of art galleries, small cafes, and the absolutely wonderful Picasso Museum. IMHO, this museum a must-do.

The staff, especially the front desk and the concierge desk, are incredibly helpful. If you are going somewhere where you will need a taxi, they will call one for you. A taxi will arrive within less than five minutes (usually within two).
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:59 am

Thanks. Is it an easy walk from Gare du Nord or should I take the line 5 metro after switching from the RER. I'm arriving 8am on a Thursday, so not sure if the Metro will be busy.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Thanks. Is it an easy walk from Gare du Nord or should I take the line 5 metro after switching from the RER. I'm arriving 8am on a Thursday, so not sure if the Metro will be busy.
It's about 15 minutes from Gare du Nord and a pretty easy walk once you get your bearings. Alternatively, the metro goes directly to within about 50m of the front door.
Great hotel, especially the rooms at the back on the top 2 floors as you can see Sacre Coeur/Montmartre.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Would you consider this area a bit less tourisy? I'm debating between here or the Westin Vendome or Marriott Opera. The Westin is actually a little bit cheaper, but I'm not a big fan of their double connecting doors between the superior rooms.
There are still tourists. A couple blocks away are major train stations, including for the Eurostar service to London. However, I would say the tourists are more likely to be French or European. It's definitely a more local and authentic part of Paris.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nobbyclark
It's about 15 minutes from Gare du Nord and a pretty easy walk once you get your bearings. Alternatively, the metro goes directly to within about 50m of the front door.
Great hotel, especially the rooms at the back on the top 2 floors as you can see Sacre Coeur/Montmartre.
Uber is very good, too.

I like the street-facing rooms, as you can sit in the window, drink a cup of coffee and people watch early in the morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.