Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

MegaBonus® is here! Feel like a winner. Register now; earn Feb 1 – May 15.

MegaBonus® is here! Feel like a winner. Register now; earn Feb 1 – May 15.

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 27, 16, 2:33 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Segments
Wiki Link
Updated with what we know as of Feb 14, 2016

A

Win #1: Earn a free night after two stays
Win #2: Unlocked after # 1-(takes several days after cert posts) 2500 points for one additional stay
Win #3: Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide (aka nothing)

B

Win #1: Earn 10,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 bonus points each additional night, up to 20,000 bonus points
Win #2: At the same time, earn a free night after two paid stays (register separately in your online account)
Win #3: Unlock a new bonus points offer in your online account after you win #1 and #2- additional 1000 per night, for max of 5000 more points [This offer is unlocked (email notification) after your account contains the 10,000 (not 20,000) bonus points and the free night cert.]

C

Win #1: Earn 15,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus 3,000 bonus points each additional night, up to 30,000 bonus points
Win #2: At the same time, earn a free night after two paid stays (register separately in your online account)
Win #3: Unlock a new bonus points offer in your online account after you win #1 and #2 -additional 1000 per night, for max of 5000 more points [This offer is unlocked (email notification) after your account contains the 15,000 (not 30,000) bonus points and the free night cert.]
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 19, 16, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL: DM, MM Marriott: LT Platinum
I don't see any mega rewards offers :-(

Only promotion available to me is "Earn Points at Protea Hotels"
Old Jan 19, 16, 1:49 pm

I only have offer A. Of course, did you fellas read the T&C?

A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
Registration is required.
Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by April 15, 2016 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays made between February 1, 2016 and May 15, 2016 at participating Marriott® properties.
If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer will be unlocked and become available in the member's account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
An earned free night award will be added to the member's account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member's nights or stay.
Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/earn/hotels.mi.
Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
Old Jan 19, 16, 2:04 pm

Per the conversation I had with a MR rep earlier today, the first win offered to you has to be completed before you can start working on the second win. Some folks got their offers sent out in the wrong order and MR does admit that the wording on some of the offers leads you to believe the first two wins can be completed concurrently which my MR rep believed to be false after speaking with their supervisor but they aren't sure. Right now, my husband's account shows two sets of offers with different info in each! I'm not counting on either one being correct until a bit more time has past.
Old Jan 19, 16, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Is A3 an offer (to be unlocked) of some additional points or free nights, or is it just a feature that applies to #1 and #2? It's not pretty clear to me.
I don't think so. A3 is just because they had to find something to put in #3. Looks like A1 unlock A2, and B1+B2 unlock B3.
This is why I hope A2 would be good (at least better than B2) otherwise it is pretty unfair for those who got A...
Old Jan 19, 16, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), AA Exec Plat, BA Gold, MH Enrich Platinum
NEW PROMOTIONS
No new promotions.

I am in NZ- maybe it takes a while to get to this side of the world?
Old Jan 19, 16, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I have:
Earn up to 20,000 bonus points — and a free night too. Plus, unlock even more.

See Details
It’s a win-win-win:
Register by April 15, 2016
Stay at participating properties between February 1 – May 15, 2016
Win #1: Earn 10,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 bonus points each additional night, up to 20,000 bonus points
Win #3: Unlock a new bonus points offer in your online account after you win #1 and #2
Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide. Enjoy your free night and redeem points for additional stays, shopping, dining, exploring and more.
You win some, you win some more with MegaBonus.

Haven't been able to separately register for the free night, but will try logging out.
Old Jan 19, 16, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Can you register for both of the offers?
Yes.

I suspect usual MR it issues.
Old Jan 19, 16, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by TvlPeach View Post
Per the conversation I had with a MR rep earlier today, the first win offered to you has to be completed before you can start working on the second win. Some folks got their offers sent out in the wrong order and MR does admit that the wording on some of the offers leads you to believe the first two wins can be completed concurrently which my MR rep believed to be false after speaking with their supervisor but they aren't sure. Right now, my husband's account shows two sets of offers with different info in each! I'm not counting on either one being correct until a bit more time has past.
I highly doubt this is accurate. The wording doesn't lead us to believe anything - it explicitly states that the offers can be completed "at the same time." Also, the fact that we can already register for both offers seems like a pretty clear indicator that they are both unlocked. Yes, that could be an IT glitch, but why would someone type the words "at the same time" if they couldn't be completed concurrently?
Old Jan 19, 16, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also one certificate plus 30000 points after 25 nights is a poor offer. If the 25 night counter doesn't start until you have completed two stays and earn the certificate this is an extremely poor offer.

Last edited by VickiSoCal; Jan 19, 16 at 2:26 pm
Old Jan 19, 16, 2:50 pm

I was not seeing the Offer, then noticed my earnings were set to Miles rather than Points. Updated to Points and voila! the MegaBonus appeared.
Old Jan 19, 16, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I have 2 offers in my promotions. I'm not sure if I can register for both or should I just register for 1.

It’s a win-win-win:
Win #2: Unlock your new bonus points offer – and register when it appears in your online account
Win #3: Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide
Remember to book direct on Marriott.com.
Terms and conditions

See Details
It’s a win-win-win:
Win #3: Unlock a new bonus points offer in your online account after you win #1 and #2
Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide. Enjoy your free night and redeem points for additional stays, shopping, dining, exploring and more.
Old Jan 19, 16, 3:00 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Mileage Plus Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by GBadger View Post
I have:

See Details
It’s a win-win-win:
You win some, you win some more with MegaBonus.

Haven't been able to separately register for the free night, but will try logging out.
Please let us know if logging out and back in makes the other offer appear.
Old Jan 19, 16, 3:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, AA Executive Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by blzfan View Post
Just went to check my account and I am not able to sign up for anything either.
Went to check again and still nothing..... but I am curious because I can not understand everyone's posts. Are there 2 offers, do you have to pick one or are you just registered for both?
Old Jan 19, 16, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To summarize- three different promos seem to appear in people's accounts. Some people get A. Some people get B. Some people get C Some people get A + B or C. Everyone is able to register for the one or two promos that appear in their account. Can people who respond try to say I got A, I got B, I got C, I got A/B or I got A/C. Or if you got something completely different (I haven't seen that yet)

A

Win #2: Unlock your new bonus points offer – and register when it appears in your online account
Win #3: Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide

B

C

Win #1: Earn 15,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus 3,000 bonus points each additional night, up to 30,000 bonus points
Old Jan 19, 16, 4:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, Marriott Plat, AA Plat, United Sil, Delta, Hertz PC, National ExecEl
I got A + C. Am platinum.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: