Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

MegaBonus® is here! Feel like a winner. Register now; earn Feb 1 – May 15.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Segments
Updated with what we know as of Feb 14, 2016

A

Win #1: Earn a free night after two stays
Win #2: Unlocked after # 1-(takes several days after cert posts) 2500 points for one additional stay
Win #3: Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide (aka nothing)

B

Win #1: Earn 10,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 bonus points each additional night, up to 20,000 bonus points
Win #2: At the same time, earn a free night after two paid stays (register separately in your online account)
Win #3: Unlock a new bonus points offer in your online account after you win #1 and #2- additional 1000 per night, for max of 5000 more points [This offer is unlocked (email notification) after your account contains the 10,000 (not 20,000) bonus points and the free night cert.]

C

Win #1: Earn 15,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus 3,000 bonus points each additional night, up to 30,000 bonus points
Win #2: At the same time, earn a free night after two paid stays (register separately in your online account)
Win #3: Unlock a new bonus points offer in your online account after you win #1 and #2 -additional 1000 per night, for max of 5000 more points [This offer is unlocked (email notification) after your account contains the 15,000 (not 30,000) bonus points and the free night cert.]
Print Wikipost

MegaBonus® is here! Feel like a winner. Register now; earn Feb 1 – May 15.

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 10:06 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I have to give a shout out to Marriott for following through on their promise to me. I know this was a very minimal participation in the MegaBonus promo (I was heavily booked into Hilton at the same time)...I want to say that not only did they promise me that the second night staying on the 15th/out the 16th would count, I did not even have to call...the minute it showed up in my account activity as a stay, the free night appeared. Very impressed.
I think you got credit because you were supposed to, not because they did you a favor. I thought the wording of the promotion pretty clearly included the night of May 15 (checking out the 16th). Never called them to clarify, never got told it would not count, and I got my 3k Megabonus #2 points + 1k Megabonus #3 points for a stay at the PDX SpringHill Suites on May 15.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:22 pm

Has anyone successfully extended a MB cert? I have one that expires 8/21 and Marriott refused to extend it for an upcoming reservation I have on 8/30. Is there any other way to possibly extend this cert?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:31 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by bmrisko
Has anyone successfully extended a MB cert? I have one that expires 8/21 and Marriott refused to extend it for an upcoming reservation I have on 8/30. Is there any other way to possibly extend this cert?
Yes I applied it to a future reservation in December.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
Yes I applied it to a future reservation in December.
Did you call-in or send an e-mail? The guy I spoke with was pretty adamant about not extending the cert even a few days.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:49 pm

I was able to make a reservation for 3 days after mine is due to expire. I thought all was well until the agent noticed the expiration. She told me to call Marriott Rewards and they will extend it. Which they did.

Call back and try another agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.