Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Promo - $40 off $200 at Renaissance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Promo - $40 off $200 at Renaissance

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
same here unfortunately.
I recalled my local Renaissance to verify before I drove over there and this time they said they do not sell Marriott gift cards at the hotel. I'm guessing none of the Renaissance's do.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 5:47 pm

The Renaissance in Boston had gift cards. I bought a $200.00 gift card using my enrolled card and received the email confirmation within seconds.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by lasiked
The Renaissance in Boston had gift cards. I bought a $200.00 gift card using my enrolled card and received the email confirmation within seconds.
Thanks for the confirmation it works this round, too. Not surprising, as GC exclusions are often meaningless when included for other merchant offers. I registered 12 cards, so I'll grab $2,400 worth for $1,920 soon. If you buy more than you need, not much to worry about because you can always turn it over on a GC reseller site for a profit anyway.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:18 pm

does anyone know if staying multiple nights, would i be able to split the final bill between two cards? i have my amex and my friends amex with the promo. thank you!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by patpatpatme
does anyone know if staying multiple nights, would i be able to split the final bill between two cards? i have my amex and my friends amex with the promo. thank you!
absolutely, just ask to put $xxx on one card and $xxx on the other, should work fine.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by patpatpatme
You can always go to the front desk and ask them to charge $X on a card towards the bill (providing it's currently over $X). You don't have to wait until checkout; if it matters who pays the final bill, this can ensure that is done by the right card.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 9:17 am

thanks thought it should be ok!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by lasiked
Has the credit posted to your account? I'm still waiting on my credits from a few days ago
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by SDBK
Has the credit posted to your account? I'm still waiting on my credits from a few days ago
I made the purchase on Sunday. I just checked and the credit posted 10/20.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by SDBK
Did you get the email confirmation/alert almost instantly? If so, you have nothing to worry about. If not, do you have your alerts turned on? Always a good idea. No matter what, give it at least a week before worrying. As long as the purchase qualified and you see the offer active in your account, you'll be fine.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Unfortunately neither of the two Renaissance hotels in the Denver area sell gift cards.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 11:56 am
Suspended

doesn't work for me
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jeedk
doesn't work for me
Can you be more explicit? What doesn't work? Could you not add the offer to a card, or not buy at a Renaissance, or bought a gift card at a Renaissance but didn't get a rebate?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:46 pm

I had already booked a room for this weekend at a Renaissance with my Marriott visa. I called Marriott reservations yesterday and asked to change the method of payment to my Amex card which had been ok'd via the twitter link. They did it, no problem. So, we'll see how it goes and I'll report back. I don't recall if it's a credit on my bill or deducted at the front desk.

Thanks to the OP for bringing this to my attention, since I was staying at this hotel one way or the other, I have nothing to lose.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by Da5id
I had already booked a room for this weekend at a Renaissance with my Marriott visa. I called Marriott reservations yesterday and asked to change the method of payment to my Amex card which had been ok'd via the twitter link. They did it, no problem. So, we'll see how it goes and I'll report back. I don't recall if it's a credit on my bill or deducted at the front desk.

Thanks to the OP for bringing this to my attention, since I was staying at this hotel one way or the other, I have nothing to lose.
Its not deducted at the front desk, its a statement credit on the credit card which they refund you $40. You will see a "statement credit -$40" on your amex account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.