Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Promo - $40 off $200 at Renaissance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Promo - $40 off $200 at Renaissance

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by pitflyer
Thanks for the heads up. My wife received it on her Blue Amex but I didnt receive it on my Hilton Amex (guess the latter one is not a surprise )
No need to "receive" the offer. Just register via Twitter (detailed in posts above) - every card eligible for Amex Offers will qualify.

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
If you're referring to last year's $50 off $200 Marriott promotion, there was no express gift card exclusion.
The exclusion this time *could* mean that GCs don't count, but through the history of Amex Offers, it's common for GCs to be explicitly excluded and yet still count. The only way to know is when someone tests and posts whether they received the credit.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
I recently booked a Renaissance stay for November on an adv purchase rate using a Visa card. The card had not been charged. Is it possible to switch to an AMEX card to take advantage of the offer?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by eddie1973
I recently booked a Renaissance stay for November on an adv purchase rate using a Visa card. The card had not been charged. Is it possible to switch to an AMEX card to take advantage of the offer?
The card has likely been authorized. I'd call Marriott, explain, and see if they'll let you switch. You're not cancelling or changing the reservation - you're just switching the payment account.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by mooper
The card has likely been authorized. I'd call Marriott, explain, and see if they'll let you switch. You're not cancelling or changing the reservation - you're just switching the payment account.
+1, you can also add that you need to cancel the Visa card for fraud or other reasons if you get any pushback.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by pinniped
My two Amexes are HH and SPG. Doubt either of those are going to nudge me along to a Renaissance...
The offer didn't show up on those, but the Twitter method should work.

You can check to see if the promo shows up on the linked card afterwards. It did for me (but that was a Costco card).
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
The offer didn't show up on those, but the Twitter method should work.
Will definitely work for any Amex Offers eligible card. I use Tweetdeck to register over a dozen cards in one tweet for every offer of interest.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: AA lifetime platinum; Hyatt diamond;
anyone tried to buy gift card at Renaissance?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by angelsun
None here on LI or I would give it a whirl... Maybe I'll find one in NYC during a trip in a few weeks. Nothing to lose, the credit literally comes within hours if it works like last years promo.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:34 am

I called my local Renaissance and they sell Marriott gift cards. As long as they sell them at the front desk this should be good to go.

EDIT - I called back to verify and they do not sell gift cards, only online.

Last edited by N_Phoenix; Oct 18, 2015 at 5:21 pm
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:14 pm

Yeah, I am about to ask the same thing. No report yet if this will work on GCs

Originally Posted by angelsun
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
I called my local Renaissance and they sell Marriott gift cards. As long as they sell them at the front desk this should be good to go.
The one closest to me doesn't apparently. Will try calling the others nearby tomorrow.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Has anyone bought a gift card from a Renaissance and seen if the promo applies? (Would buying a gift card for, say, $205 rather than $200 make a difference?)

Anybody have a list of Renaissance hotels that sell Marriott gift cards? The two in Manhattan don't (else I'd have answered the previous question already).
Old Oct 15, 2015, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
The one closest to me doesn't apparently. Will try calling the others nearby tomorrow.
same here unfortunately.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by sethb
Has anyone bought a gift card from a Renaissance and seen if the promo applies? (Would buying a gift card for, say, $205 rather than $200 make a difference?)
FYI... Buying a gift card for $205 instead of $200 makes no difference in this scenario.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mindrisa
FYI... Buying a gift card for $205 instead of $200 makes no difference in this scenario.
It shouldn't, but there's no way to know if the software thinks $200 is suspicious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.