Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Booking Marriott directly vs through booking.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Does it matter how you book a Marriott reservation if I pay on arrival?

Just applied for the Marriott Visa but the rate through Booking.com is cheaper than the website directly. I'll be paying on arrival with my new Marriott Visa.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by guruboy

Just applied for the Marriott Visa but the rate through Booking.com is cheaper than the website directly. I'll be paying on arrival with my new Marriott Visa.
Yes. And that's why LNF was invented.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
I agree. I would book through marriott and submit a LNF form. As long as your room type is the same then you will get the lowest rate plus 25% off and will still get your points and elite night
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:04 am
Suspended

strongly suggest you read this thread -
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...rsion-brg.html

danielonn likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses.

Looked at the LNF stuff and was able to submit two successful claims. Was a lot easier than I expected!

So to clarify my question, if I book through Booking.com and pay on arrival with my Marriott Visa, it's not as good as booking direct and paying with my Marriott Visa.

Is it because I won't earn the points?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:32 pm

Thanks for the responses.

Looked at the LNF stuff and was able to submit two successful claims. Was a lot easier than I expected!

So to clarify my question, if I book through Booking.com and pay on arrival with my Marriott Visa, it's not as good as booking direct and paying with my Marriott Visa.

Is it because I won't earn the points?
Correct. From the T&C's:
Rooms booked through third party online retailers, such as Expedia.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline.com, Tripadvisor.com or any other 3rd party online/mobile travel portal (regardless of how the hotel is paid) are not eligible for Points or Elite night credit. Wholesale rates, wholesale packages, Fam-Tastic® rates, travel industry rates and organized tours or package bookings are not eligible for Points or Elite night credit regardless of booking channel. If you are booking through a travel agent or other third party and do not know if your booking will earn Points, please ask your travel agent about the type of booking and type of rate he/she is making for you.
So regardless if you went through booking.com or through Marriott, you would earn the 5 pts through your Marriott Card, but you would not receive the points from the hotel itself (10 pts/$ at JW, Ren, etc).

Earning info link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.