Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

LNF Prepaid Rate under my name, different person checking in

Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond

I know similar questions have been asked before and I couldn't find any that matches my exact scenario.

I'm attempting to submit a LNF claim on a prepaid rate (other site is prepaid also and lower).

1. If successful, can I add a second person's name to the reservation?
2. What happens if I don't show up? I know they can deny me my points but what about the prepaid LNF rate? Will that change or remain the same for the other guest who's name is on the reservation?
3. Is there a limitation on how many LNF claims I can make? I want to book a second room but it overlaps with the first room. The guests from the second room are checking in towards the end so they don't need it the first few days.

Thanks.

Kevin.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by gk17
I know similar questions have been asked before and I couldn't find any that matches my exact scenario.

I'm attempting to submit a LNF claim on a prepaid rate (other site is prepaid also and lower).

1. If successful, can I add a second person's name to the reservation?
2. What happens if I don't show up? I know they can deny me my points but what about the prepaid LNF rate? Will that change or remain the same for the other guest who's name is on the reservation?
3. Is there a limitation on how many LNF claims I can make? I want to book a second room but it overlaps with the first room. The guests from the second room are checking in towards the end so they don't need it the first few days.

Thanks.

Kevin.
Don't book the prepaid rate on Marriott just book regular rate which can be cancelled. Put a note in LNF claim saying cheaper than Marriott prepaid rate.

1. Yes.
2. Technically you shouldn't get the points, you may well however.
3. No limit. You may have Marriott fraud dept on your case if you try and credit too many other people stays to your account.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. So are you saying that I can book the regular rate and file for the prepaid saying the Marriott prepaid is more than the third party prepaid? That would be great if it works out. I was afraid of the prepaid rate but was willing to take the chance at first.

Do you know if the second person (my mom) will get the LNF rate if I don't check-in though? Or worse, they say I must show up eventually during the stay and I don't. Will they charge her the rack rate.

This is definitely not going to be re-occurring. They wanted to have two rooms but one room will be checking in during the later half of the stay.

If this is all too risky, I might just file it under her name then.

Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
The best is to file under her name. There is a risk that something might go wrong.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by nacho
The best is to file under her name. There is a risk that something might go wrong.
Good advice, though the risk is very small. You can call up and add your moms name to the reservation after it's approved. I have done this a few times for relatives.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice nacho. Definitely trying to make sure this doesn't cause any major problems. I'm usually there at check-in so never experienced this before.

escapefromphl, just wanted to get some clarification on the LNF claim. You mentioned booking at the regular rate but mention in the notes to match against the prepaid rate. Is this usually allowed since I thought everything has to match meaning I need to reserve at prepaid rate (which I'm reluctant to).
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by gk17
T
escapefromphl, just wanted to get some clarification on the LNF claim. You mentioned booking at the regular rate but mention in the notes to match against the prepaid rate. Is this usually allowed since I thought everything has to match meaning I need to reserve at prepaid rate (which I'm reluctant to).
Yeah in my experience they approve it if the rate you have is cheaper than the Marriott prepaid rate, even though the res you make is the best available regular rate.

Last edited by escapefromphl; Aug 20, 2015 at 1:51 pm
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Yeah in my experience they approve it if the rate you have is cheaper than the Marriott prepaid rate, even though the res you make is the best available regular rate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.