Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection - Crete, Greece [Master Thread]

Old Dec 26, 2016, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
This is an all suite property. There are about 85 units total including suites, villa and private residence. New villas are planned.
There is no resort fee, no parking or valet fees, and buffet breakfast is included daily regardless of your status with Marriott.
There is no exec lounge for elites.
The resort is located about 8 minute drive North of the town of Elounda. The small town of Plaka is 3-4 minute drive to the North.
The ferry to Spinalonga Island is 10 euro the round trip. The admission to the island is another 8 euro per person.
Haute Living lounge is only available for those who have paid for Villas.

Titanium benefits are generous (as at August 2020):
  • Complimentary Breakfast in our Restaurant (Tholos) throughout your stay (When booking on redemption stay)
  • One Complimentary Dinner in our Restaurant (Blend or their choice on check-in), drinks excluded
  • Spa thermae Facilities (per Adult, per stay - was a 20 minute back massage)
  • VIP Check-in over a signature aperitif overlooking the famous UNESCO protected islet of Spinalonga
  • 1000 bonus points (in addition to any normal bonus), posts about 5-7 days later
Then the usual: Complimentary Upgrade (upon availability); Late Check-Out (upon request, upon availability).
Print Wikipost

Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection - Crete, Greece [Master Thread]

Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Was looking at going there in October end. Online searches seems to suggest weather between 20-23c. Anyone been to Crete this time of the year? Is it swimming pool weather?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:07 pm

wrong hotel, delete.

Last edited by utl567; Jun 16, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
Just spent a week here....wonderful resort. My only gripe would be that the executive lounge is at the wrong side of the resort - or they could have an additional one at the main adult pool section.

Great service...great views and facilities. Highly recommend.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
I just booked an award stay for next summer. I was charged a deposit of over 1,000 Euros and my points are still in my account. Just wondering if this is standard or if something weird is going on. Not thrilled about loaning them a chunk of change for a year... Appreciate any insight.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
I just booked an award stay for next summer. I was charged a deposit of over 1,000 Euros and my points are still in my account. Just wondering if this is standard or if something weird is going on. Not thrilled about loaning them a chunk of change for a year... Appreciate any insight.
Something ain't right. I had no points in my account and they still allowed me to reserve it without any points or credit card authorisation.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC, Amex MR, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Something ain't right. I had no points in my account and they still allowed me to reserve it without any points or credit card authorisation.
likewise!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:50 am

Programs: qantas
I understand that this property has recently opened a lounge ('Haute Living Lounge') for guests who book into the upper accommodation tiers. Is anyone able to confirm if lounge use is open to Marriott Gold and Platinum Elites?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by adelee
I understand that this property has recently opened a lounge ('Haute Living Lounge') for guests who book into the upper accommodation tiers. Is anyone able to confirm if lounge use is open to Marriott Gold and Platinum Elites?
I think haute lounge is only open to people with a room that has haute access. I don't believe it's a true executive lounge. But hopefully you will be upgraded to haute access like I was.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by adelee
We were able to use it during our stay in June as Platinum members. It's perfectly located next to the kids pool, so I wouldn't call it an executive lounge, but it is open 24h and provides food and drinks all day round.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
It was open to us also as Marriott Platinum. Free beer, wine, and appetizers throughout the day. There are also two computers in the room.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
for those that have stayed here, any recommendations on specific rooms to request if any are better than the others? (not counting the villas) Heading next week and cant wait!
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:10 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by CALMSP
for those that have stayed here, any recommendations on specific rooms to request if any are better than the others? (not counting the villas) Heading next week and cant wait!
Award redemption, sea view with a jacuzzi a few weeks ago. Upgraded to a sea view with a private pool (instead of jacuzzi). But, the "key" was the location which was at the far end (for lack of a better term) of the resort with tons of privacy and stellar views (it was also higher up).

The resort is fabulous. I can barely find anything to complain about. Be sure to go to Plaka for dinner (very close, €5'ish taxi or walkable).

Stunning views. Stunning resort. (Picture from our suite terrace area below.)
Attached Images  
onlysuites, KRS and CALMSP like this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Award redemption, sea view with a jacuzzi a few weeks ago. Upgraded to a sea view with a private pool (instead of jacuzzi). But, the "key" was the location which was at the far end (for lack of a better term) of the resort with tons of privacy and stellar views (it was also higher up).

The resort is fabulous. I can barely find anything to complain about. Be sure to go to Plaka for dinner (very close, 5'ish taxi or walkable).

Stunning views. Stunning resort. (Picture from our suite terrace area below.)
Nice view!! I was right by the haute lounge your view was much nicer!
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
great view indeed! can i ask what room number that was? may have to request the same!
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Do I pick this hotel or the blue palace by SPG? I prefer SPG as it will count towards my 50 nights, but this hotel seems to be much better as the pools are actually private and the beach has sand and not rocks. (stay will be for 5 night)

I'm torn

Last edited by bknets88; Sep 18, 2017 at 4:31 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.