Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Roll call: Marriott brand properties WITHOUT desks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mjcewl1284
USA

California

* Beverly Hills Marriott
* SFO Airport Marriott (some rooms have desks; others don't)

Florida

* Renaissance Boca Raton (most rooms also without dressers)
* North Ft. Lauderdale Marriott (also, 2 drawers are the size of desk drawers, not chest drawers)

Georgia

* Atlanta Marriott Marquis

Illinois

* Chicago Marriott Magnificent Mile
* Renaissance Chicago Downtown
* Residence Inn Chicago Downtown (xx07 & xx19 rooms definitely do not have desks; rooms xx14 do)

Indiana
*Residence Inn Ft. Wayne (front desk says some studios & 1BR's still have desks, but the 2BR/2BA suites do not.

Oklahoma

* Oklahoma City Marriott Waterford

Missouri

* St. Louis Marriott Grand

New Jersey

* EWR Marriott (see post)

New York

* Buffalo Marriott
* Residence Inn New York Manhattan Times Square

North Carolina

* Charlotte City Center Marriott (see post #28)
* Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley (also no luggage rack; no storage)

Texas

* IAH Marriott

Canada

* Calgary Marriott

Germany

* Stuttgart Marriott (some have them; some don't - might be only exec level rooms that have them)

England/United Kingdom

* London County Hall Marriott (newly refurbished rooms only)

Japan

* Courtyard Tokyo Station

Mexico

*Puebla Marriott (Newer side building)

Netherlands

* Amsterdam Marriott (some rooms have desks; some rooms don't - you'll need to request one w/ desk)

Puerto Rico

* San Juan La Concha (quite a few rooms don't have desks)

South Korea

* Courtyard Seoul Namdaemun
Print Wikipost

Roll call: Marriott brand properties WITHOUT desks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by stimpy
Eh voila. From reading this blog, Marriott has already come to their senses and reversed the dumb no-desk idea.

http://pointmetotheplane.boardingare...-disappearing/
Er, voila - already been discussed in a different thread & one of the properties that it said was renovated to the new desk re-standard doesn't have desks

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-rooms-10.html

Hopefully they really will reverse it vs. just corp-speak.

Cheers.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
Just spent a night at the Moxy Frankfurt; no desk or proper seating. There is a small cube-type bench you can sit on and a glass shelf that is probably about 6.5" deep. Definitely not large enough to place your laptop or write on.

Very disappointing!
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UnderEst
Just spent a night at the Moxy Frankfurt; no desk or proper seating. There is a small cube-type bench you can sit on and a glass shelf that is probably about 6.5" deep. Definitely not large enough to place your laptop or write on.

Very disappointing!
Moxy's are targeted toward the millennials who said they don't use desks

Cheers.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Moxy's are targeted toward the millennials who said they don't use desks

Cheers.
This Millennial gets seriously p*ssed off when there's not a desk in my room, especially at full-service properties.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Carpboy823
This Millennial gets seriously p*ssed off when there's not a desk in my room, especially at full-service properties.
I'm no longer a millennial, but even in my millennial days I had a lot of work to do in the hotel room at night & wanted a desk. So I'm w/ you!

BTW - if you get a survey about your stay, mention the lack of desk - and also mention you're a millennial

Cheers.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 12:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Residence Inn Schaumburg

I stayed in this property back in July after weather in Chicago basically crippled O'Hare operations for both UA and AA.
There is a small table that is next to the kitchenette but no proper desk whatsoever to speak of.
When I queried the front desk people, they said this would change, as a number of people have complained but "corporate has not gotten back to us about any specific changes."
I'm glad I was able to get out of Chicago the next morning. Normally I have to travel with 2 notebook computers and the small table was barely enough for one
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Time to resurrect this!

Courtyard Seoul Namdaemun

Newer property. No desk to be found. Instead, what this property claims to be a "desk" is a glass table which is more for lounging purposes than it is for working purposes. The chair is a more substantial leather "butterfly chair." It swivels but does not pivot, and is hardly for working.
Can't beat the location at this particular CY but if I have lots of work planned, I might go back to CY Seoul Times Square next time
Old Nov 19, 2017, 7:06 pm

Thumbs down No desk not saty

San antonio marriott
no desk
met many business people who will not stay there again.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 8:55 pm

While the CY Tokyo Station does not have a desk, it's worth mentioning my room had a small table with two chairs.They were on the small side (kinda like a kid's tea party set). Most guests used the long high-quality wooden desk or work/meeting tables in the lobby, which is an area designed to be something between a university library and an airport lounge.

I've stayed at cheaper, smaller rooms in Tokyo with desks, so it's definitely not a Tokyo standard. But the hotel was above average otherwise.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I thought the desks were being put back into all the properties?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Newark Airport Marriott still doesn't have one. I didn't think to check this list before booking.
Note sent to the Room's manager. Won't be returning.

And a bit off topic, but they also had the stupid little nook piece, trying to replace a closet. Not enough space for anything over a single-night stay...and even that was tight with a winter coat.

Idiotic.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Based on what?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
There was a statement by Marriott at one point that they had misjudged the demand for desks. The whole Millenial thing about no desks was really marketing spin from consultants on reducing costs for developers. Guests have also been pushing back at properties with little or no drawers or places to hang clothes. I know the Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park got a lot of criticism after their most recent room renovation for a lack of space to store clothes.

i need a desk for my laptop, to store stuff, to write on occasion and to eat. I am not going to eat in bed, and a small coffee table is not suitable. Any hotel management should understand that guests want to be able to eat and work in a way that doesn’t force them to be uncomfortable.
htb likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by ohmark
Based on what?
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...arriott-desks/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifest...926-story.html
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Interestingly, the links you cite for this, seem to question whether the desks will be "proper desks" or movable desks on wheels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.