Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Roll call: Marriott brand properties WITHOUT desks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mjcewl1284
USA

California

* Beverly Hills Marriott
* SFO Airport Marriott (some rooms have desks; others don't)

Florida

* Renaissance Boca Raton (most rooms also without dressers)
* North Ft. Lauderdale Marriott (also, 2 drawers are the size of desk drawers, not chest drawers)

Georgia

* Atlanta Marriott Marquis

Illinois

* Chicago Marriott Magnificent Mile
* Renaissance Chicago Downtown
* Residence Inn Chicago Downtown (xx07 & xx19 rooms definitely do not have desks; rooms xx14 do)

Indiana
*Residence Inn Ft. Wayne (front desk says some studios & 1BR's still have desks, but the 2BR/2BA suites do not.

Oklahoma

* Oklahoma City Marriott Waterford

Missouri

* St. Louis Marriott Grand

New Jersey

* EWR Marriott (see post)

New York

* Buffalo Marriott
* Residence Inn New York Manhattan Times Square

North Carolina

* Charlotte City Center Marriott (see post #28)
* Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley (also no luggage rack; no storage)

Texas

* IAH Marriott

Canada

* Calgary Marriott

Germany

* Stuttgart Marriott (some have them; some don't - might be only exec level rooms that have them)

England/United Kingdom

* London County Hall Marriott (newly refurbished rooms only)

Japan

* Courtyard Tokyo Station

Mexico

*Puebla Marriott (Newer side building)

Netherlands

* Amsterdam Marriott (some rooms have desks; some rooms don't - you'll need to request one w/ desk)

Puerto Rico

* San Juan La Concha (quite a few rooms don't have desks)

South Korea

* Courtyard Seoul Namdaemun
Print Wikipost

Roll call: Marriott brand properties WITHOUT desks

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2015, 5:59 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Just stayed at the Renaissance Chicago Downtown and can confirm no desks. I called the front desk after check-in and they confirmed no more desks but a new desk being designed for the hotel but on backorder. They very quickly offered to send up a small banquet table and chair which definitely helped but will avoid the property until the desk situation is fixed. Had lots of work to do...
Old Dec 7, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Stayed at the brand new Buffalo downtown FS Marriott. No desk. Went down to ask for a room change (which I've never done before as a 5 year platinum). Told me they have no rooms with desks but they have had so many complaints that a) they will set up a temporary one for me, and b) they are ordering them for all of the rooms because of all of the complaints. Not sure when I'll be back to see if they have, but would appreciate an update from someone who stays there.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
This thread was mentioned in a blog from a relatively famous sports reporter http://danwetzelsports.tumblr.com/po...-my-hotel-room

So hopefully he raises the awareness. I'm heading to the PHL Airport Marriott soon and I'd better find a desk in my room!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by stimpy
This thread was mentioned in a blog from a relatively famous sports reporter http://danwetzelsports.tumblr.com/po...-my-hotel-room
I just read that! Hopefully he does raise the awareness. Maybe someone should send a link to the Marriott VP who listened to the millenenials don't need desks.

Cheers.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy

So hopefully he raises the awareness. I'm heading to the PHL Airport Marriott soon and I'd better find a desk in my room!
He mentioned this on his daily podcast this morning as well. Half of their 30 minutes was about this specifically. He and co- host, who both are LTP, are now calling the downtown or Marquis properites beforehand to request old rooms if available. The co-host did it for the Atlanta Marquis for this weekend.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Are we counting the flat ledge next to the TV (picture in the "Idiots" thread" as "not a desk" for the purpose of the wiki?

They also took out dressers from all the rooms at the Renaissance Boca Raton.

Had one brought in (I heard one person who stays all winter had to buy there own). They are getting a limited number of dressers, which will go IN THE CLOSET. So while I'm on business travel, fine, but if my wife comes and we stay the weekend, we won't have anyplace to put our large suitcases.

No desk absolutely suck!!
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: AC50K, HH Dia.
No desk = no stay
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:06 pm

Quite a few rooms in La Concha in San Juan do not have desks. If one need a desk, be sure to ask during check in. There is no easy remedy if room does not have a desk.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 3:11 pm

http://www.businessinsider.com/hotel...-desks-2015-12
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA

What the hell is wrong with these people? This might be about the stupidest thing i have read in a long time. Has the rush to abandon tradition really gone this far?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, UA LT Gold, Hertz PC, 5 MM+ miles
Residence Inn Times Square

Anyone know if Res Inn Times Square has been redone yet?

Although I have stayed there consistently the past ten years, so as not to risk it, I canceled my $1500 reservation last week and stayed instead at the Affinia Dumont (different part of central Manhattan but still close to where my meetings were scheduled). All the Dumont rooms have a very large desk including a side unit (L-configuration which is great for working), superb adjustable desk chair and very good desk lamp. Rooms are much larger than Res Inn and have a kitchen that is much better separated from the living area. Also, large closets and chests of drawers, and a solid door on the bathroom. No complimentary breakfast but the rate was below Res Inn and the Murray Hill Grill around the corner has a great breakfast for under $10.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RoadWarrior200
Anyone know if Res Inn Times Square has been redone yet?

Although I have stayed there consistently the past ten years, so as not to risk it, I canceled my $1500 reservation last week and stayed instead at the Affinia Dumont (different part of central Manhattan but still close to where my meetings were scheduled). All the Dumont rooms have a very large desk including a side unit (L-configuration which is great for working), superb adjustable desk chair and very good desk lamp. Rooms are much larger than Res Inn and have a kitchen that is much better separated from the living area. Also, large closets and chests of drawers, and a solid door on the bathroom. No complimentary breakfast but the rate was below Res Inn and the Murray Hill Grill around the corner has a great breakfast for under $10.
Please send an email to the GM letting him know of your decision to do so because of the possible desk situation. They need to know & booking w/o informing won't help get it changed.

Cheers.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
I'd think based on the type of stay Residence Inns are made for it'd be one of the last impacted if ever.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Staying at the Residence Inn New York Manhattan Times Square. Desk is MIA
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Updated the wiki. Keep the reports coming.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.