Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

RI Tucson Speedway Leaving Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club

Got an email today announcing that the RI Speedway is leaving Marriott effective 23 July 2015.

It's being absorbed into Sonesta, which acquired the RI Flagstaff a few years back.

I'm a bit surprised at the short notice. Any existing reservation will be honored, though one must contact the property directly to re-confirm your reservation. Sounds like hotel certs will be honored so long as you have the paper form. Other comps/discounts may not be honored so check with the property.

I myself canceled & book the RI down the road on Broadway. Although the Speedway RI consists of older buildings, we liked the location & the rooms were well maintained.

Life moves on I guess.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
At least they're honoring existing reservations. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I posted similar about another RI yesterday. Also going to Sonesta on July 23.
Maybe a REIT holding company had some property management contracts up for renewal and chose Sonesta instead of Marriott?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.