Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Booked award at 2014 level and now pricing at 2015 level???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2015, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP

I booked the Marriott union station in Nashville last fall when it was a category 7 (5 nights for 140,000) for a stay in June 2015. This year (in March) it moved to a cat 8 (160,000) points and when I look up the reservation it shows it is charging me the 160,000 points instead of the 140,000 points. Anyone else have this happen and what is the solution?

Thanks,

Will
Old May 16, 2015, 5:34 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I do believe that is normal. The real question is: did Marriott actually pull another 20K out of your account? Unless you make a change to the reservation (i.e. canceling your 1st one and then making another) your balance should be correct with only the 140K being taken out.
Old May 16, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by william142
Anyone else have this happen and what is the solution?
Yes, everyone's reservation will be reflected at the new levels. However, as hhoope1 says, they won't be charged at the new level unless the reservation is rebooked. If you have concerns, call MR and they will reassure you. Also for additional insight check out the plethora of similar posts and experiences from previous years.
Old May 16, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: DL, Amex MR
2 years ago this was a Category 5 hotel. Great lobby and I had a great stay there. You might hear some trains during the night from some of the rooms though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.