Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Launches, "App Your Service' - a Digital Concierge

Old May 15, 15, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat

Did a search, did not see this posted...

Marriott is launching a new digital concierge called, "App Your Service," that will enable travelers to ask anything, anytime anywhere. Initially available at 46 hotels (MI does not specify which ones), it will be rolled out globally this summer. It is part of the Marriott Mobile App and according to the media release, it will allow guests to have real time conversations with Marriott Hotel hosts who can fulfill and confirm the request. As part of the roll-out yesterday, Marriott had red coated hosts located in Times Square and throughout NYC offering surprises and gifts to those who used the promotional hashtag #appyourservice.

http://news.marriott.com/2015/05/tra...at-featur.html

http://www.travelandleisure.com/arti...50514_45787116

So did anyone in NYC see the set up in Times Square or utilize the hashtag and get a gift? Has anyone used this portion of the App? Maybe this explains why the virtual concierge emails that usually arrived a week or so before an upcoming stay disappeared a while back. Will be interesting to see if this truly works in real time and if the request is actually delivered (thinking of the problems some FTs have getting feather free room).

Regards,

RIP...
Old May 15, 15, 9:27 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
At first it sounded pretty cool. When I looked more into it, it sounded like you had to communicate with them more than 72 hours before check in? That threw me off. Wouldn't you likely come up with last minute requests right before you arrive? Maybe that is just me...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: