Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

San Jose Marriott, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver

There doesn't seem to be a thread on this hotel and most of the posts related to it seem to be a few years old.

Any recent experiences or comments? This place would be extremely convenient for an event I'm planning to attend, but I don't want a stay I'm going to regret.
Old May 13, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Haven't stayed there in about 6 months but my experience has always been positive (stayed there about 10 nights per year for past 7 years).

Great staff and like their concierge lounge (outdoor deck).

Usually get upgraded to a junior suite.

Only complaint is no mini fridge but they have always brought one up if I request one.

Nice fitness center if you exercise.

I see you are a Hyatt Diamond. If you are at the convention center there is a Hyatt Place that is walkable to the convention center and just down the street from the Marriott (never stayed there).
Old May 13, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
ived stayed at the hotel about 4 times this year. They have all been very good stays and staff always grants my requests. Ive booked rooms using the LNF rate and have been bumped up to a JR suite or "Larger guest room" if i book the non view standard, im a gold member. Rooms are simple decor one might call it outdated but the rooms are very clean. Although i heard they will be going through renovations later in the year. Internet is fast and reliable. The Tvs are equipped with a couple apps like netflix so you can sign in with your account and stream that. I have not had breakfast there, i request the points since the lounge is closed on the weekends. Pool and spa are nice, they are both 3ft deep. Room service ive only requested the cheese and Voss from the virtual concierge a day before checking in and the cheeses are delicious and worth the price in my opinion. The hotel is close to everything and connected to the convection center and a short walk from the SAP. Valet parking is 31 bucks with in and out and parking at the convention center parking is 20 bucks a day with no in and out privileges. The tanq bar is a very lively and mature environment with mostly older business people mon-fri. They play trendy music such as Calvin Harris which is why i like it. Arcadia is good too. If you wanna shoot for a Jr Suite request a room ending in 00. The "larger guest room, corner rooms" are pretty much the same size as the Jr suites but the layout is different which make them seem smaller. Those end in 01.
Old May 14, 2015, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Nice hotel in a great location for the downtown area. Easy to walk to restaurants and bars in the area. Always had great service there and good upgrades to corner rooms. The concierge lounge is particularly nice with the rooftop deck also.
Old May 14, 2015, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Anyone stayed there on a weekend & know what the brekkie situation is when the lounge is closed - ie, do they open the lounge for brekkie only, is it in the restaurant, is it cont'l or full, if cont', what's the upcharge to full? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thx.

Cheers.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:23 am

They give you coupons for two for a continental breakfast at the restaurant Arcadia. You can upgrade to a full breakfast for More $ but I don't know how much more
Old May 14, 2015, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by jm1991
They give you coupons for two for a continental breakfast at the restaurant Arcadia. You can upgrade to a full breakfast for More $ but I don't know how much more
Thanks; will update the sticky.

Cheers.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:17 pm

Noticed this on the property's website today:

Hotel guest rooms will be under renovation from June 21, 2015 through September 30, 2015. Please be aware that noise may be an issue while construction is taking place.

Please Note – Valet parking is the only parking option at the hotel. Parking is USD 31 per day with in and out privileges.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Noticed this on the property's website today:

Hotel guest rooms will be under renovation from June 21, 2015 through September 30, 2015. Please be aware that noise may be an issue while construction is taking place.

Please Note – Valet parking is the only parking option at the hotel. Parking is USD 31 per day with in and out privileges.
Stayed last week. I did not notice any noise or construction. Although the girl at the desk did say they would be redoing the lounge, lobby and work their way down the rooms. I would assume the lounge would be closed whenever they start that. Unsure as to what order they will be doing that. It would be wise to call ahead if the lounge being open is important to you.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:16 am

http://www.successfulmeetings.com/Ne...ce-in-October/

"The 510-room San Jose Marriott in San Jose, CA, will complete a $10.5 million renovation in mid-October, it announced yesterday.

Highlights of the renovation include updates to the lobby, which will feature new "guest registration pods," a library-style alcove, and a large great room area; redesigned guest rooms; updated technology, including in-room routers that allow guests to simultaneously connect up to six mobile devices to the Internet; and new meeting space, including two new "war rooms" for legal groups that require private boardrooms."

Cheers.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
http://www.successfulmeetings.com/Ne...ce-in-October/

"The 510-room San Jose Marriott in San Jose, CA, will complete a $10.5 million renovation in mid-October, it announced yesterday.

Highlights of the renovation include updates to the lobby, which will feature new "guest registration pods," a library-style alcove, and a large great room area; redesigned guest rooms; updated technology, including in-room routers that allow guests to simultaneously connect up to six mobile devices to the Internet; and new meeting space, including two new "war rooms" for legal groups that require private boardrooms."

Cheers.
Ive passed by it and seems like the lobby is done and im assuming many of the guest rooms as well. There are doing the main entrance as of right now. Will be there this friday and will take pictures of whatever has been done. Hopefully ill be able to get a renovated room.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would love to see how they've renovated it. I used to stay at this property a lot, but been a while since I've been there unfortunately.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Five Star
Stay here all the time. The rooms are slightly outdated but it looks like they are in process of renovation. One issue I've had staying there is the rooms never seem to get cold enough. The A/C isn't optimal.

The Tanq bar is cool if that's your thing but it's generally just a bunch of dudes in their 40's and 50's. My suggestion is to walk outside the hotel and explore as there are many bars/restaurants nearby.

Staff is always good, lobby and restaurants are clean and the concierge lounge is very nice.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agree on the room AC, I always asked for a room that was on a side to avoid the afternoon sun. Even then, in the summer it could barely keep up.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 5:23 pm

Here are a couple of pictures of what some of the renovations look like. Lobby i believe its pretty much done. Very modern looking and spacious and there are outlets everywhere (underneath the couches, on the sides, on the tables ect) . There was still some construction at the main entrance and 2nd floor where the meeting rooms are. I unfortunately did not get an upgrade to the JR suite like i usually do and was stuck with a standard city view king room on the 25th floor. Hemp con was taking place this weekend so not sure if they were all actually taken or some undergoing renovations and people with higher status got them. Either way, they rooms look nice, they recycled some furniture such as the bed stands, the small table, desk, and counter for the tv. Bathrooms look the same. Pool was updated with new black lounge chairs.

Last edited by jm1991; Sep 19, 2015 at 5:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.