Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

K.C. Downtown Marriot no inventory loaded after end of the year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2015, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

I have been checking for weeks and they still are not releasing any inventory after the 1st of the year. I called reservations and they contacted the property. Came back on line and said wasn't sure what was going on and no one at the property had any idea what was going on.
Old May 10, 2015, 12:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Appears to loaded with generic rates now. $279 per night regular rate. Limit 4 guests per room, no AAA rate, Limit 1 room.
Old May 10, 2015, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

I'm still seeing "Not available for check in" from December 29th 2015 through April 26th 2016.
Old May 10, 2015, 2:32 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
It looks like the Plat override is working (as the hotel doesn't control that) as that is what the $279/night rate is. I suspect the OP is correct and the hotel, for whatever reasons, hasn't loaded any room rates into the system yet for next year. Your best bet is to keep trying the hotel directly. They are the ones who will have to load the appropriate rates into the system.
Old May 10, 2015, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

I didn't qualify for Plat last year and I'm just a lowly Gold.
Old May 11, 2015, 6:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could the property be planning to leave Marriott? There's a rumor of Hyatt returning to KC.
Old May 11, 2015, 6:39 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Could the property be planning to leave Marriott? There's a rumor of Hyatt returning to KC.
I wouldn't think the Plat override would work if that were the case.

But who knows, I've seen weirder things happen.
Old May 11, 2015, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

I was wondering the same thing myself. The old Crown Center Hyatt is now a Sheraton so they might be looking at the downtown Marriott.
Old May 11, 2015, 10:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AA Novice
I was wondering the same thing myself. The old Crown Center Hyatt is now a Sheraton so they might be looking at the downtown Marriott.
That's the one where the skywalks collapsed during the afternoon tea dance, right? I don't think Hyatt would want to put its name on the same building again. So either they go with new construction or reflag some other existing hotel and I can't imagine that there are a lot of choices in downtown KC.

OTOH, the old RC by the historic shopping plaza, while not downtown, would be an interesting choice. It's been reflagged several times after being one of the least expensive RCs in the system.
Old May 12, 2015, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Looks like the Hyatt rumor may be true.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/busin...e20668296.html

Last edited by AA Novice; May 12, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.