Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

No Summer Mega Bonus according to CSR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2015, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR Silver, WN A-List

Just called up Marriott Reward to get signed up for the Taste of Gold challenge and the CSR informed me that they just found out there would be no Mega Bonus this summer and that the next one should be sometime after August.
Old May 4, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Welcome to FT! I hope you were speaking with a rogue agent who was mistaken...
Old May 4, 2015, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is never a Megabonus in the summer. Did the CSR say no summer bonus, or no summer Megabonus?
Old May 4, 2015, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR Silver, WN A-List
Hmm I believe I specifically said Megabonus but the way she responded was "we just found out there will not be a summer bonus". I was not aware that the summer bonuses were called something different. Maybe someone else should try to call in and see what kind of response they get.
Old May 4, 2015, 10:31 am

I called just now to follow up on my mega-bonus being manually tracked.

I asked specifically about the summer getaway bonus, she hadn't seen anything on it yet, but had expected it to show up in their system today.

She did say it was up to corporate on whether they ran a promo. I normally get my notification of promo around May 7th/8th, but haven't seen anything yet.
Old May 4, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Just spoke to a CSR who said she's "heard a rumor they may not be doing a summer promo but that it's just a rumor at this point". She said "we've always had one and can't see them not doing a summer promo because that's when everyone wants to do their vacations".

Rut roh....
Old May 4, 2015, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, to clarify this is what they have been called recently

2012- Summer Bonus
2013- Unexpected Bonus
2014- Getaway Bonus
Old May 4, 2015, 3:46 pm
Suspended

2015 -- How about Unexpected No Bonus??
Old May 4, 2015, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Confirmed on Marriott Insiders by a community manager that no summer bonus is planned. Yes, I think that is unexpected, given how very, very consistent they have been!
Old May 4, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Disappointing...doesn't seem like SPG is having anything either
Old May 4, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K

Re qualified as Plat last week (inc rollover)

Perfect opportunity to sample another chain or be a "free agent" (double dipping via hotels.com & cash back site)

I know the U.S. economy is improving, but this strikes me as short sighted

Food for thought...
Old May 4, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by Wickersley
Re qualified as Plat last week (inc rollover)

Perfect opportunity to sample another chain or be a "free agent" (double dipping via hotels.com & cash back site)

I know the U.S. economy is improving, but this strikes me as short sighted

Food for thought...
+1 I have been dabbling with IHG as a secondary program for a couple of years now. The lack of a summer promotion just reinforces that decision. I also have been exploring non-chain hotel options for family travel and will continue to do so. Marriott can't have it both ways. If they would like my loyalty in both a good and a bad economy, they need to reciprocate by acknowledging my loyalty in a meaningful way in both a good and a bad economy, I am not dropping Marriott by any means, but I am no longer %100 loyal to them either. I don’t feel like they have continued to earn my %100 loyalty.

--Jon
Old May 5, 2015, 12:32 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
... Or it could be viewed as a great time to redeem that point pile. After all, there's no megabonus to chase up!
Old May 5, 2015, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
... Or it could be viewed as a great time to redeem that point pile. After all, there's no megabonus to chase up!
Exactly my thoughts as well - double dipping with PL, OTA would be another option too.
Old May 5, 2015, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Clearly Marriott sees no reason to add stay incentive during the summer... they must be anticipating higher occupancy and rates so don't need to give away more points on top of that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.