Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Near Toronto Airport (YYZ)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Best Near Toronto Airport (YYZ)

Hello, I did not see an recent threads on this, but Mrs. Kaaria has an early flight with out of Toronto, so we will stay near YYZ. When I looked, most of the Marriott brands near the airport range from Cat 2 to 4.

Fellow FTer's which is the best one to stay? We have to boys 12 and 10. Only staying the one night at this hotel and have a certificate to use.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:51 pm

I've asked a similar question - a flight attendant told me the Farifield Inn & Suites was great- so I booked that - also using a rewards certificate- but then I was referred to a BRG by another FT member for the Quality Inn & suites- so I ended up going that way even though the hotels is a 'great' one- I had my stay approved to be free by the Choice hotels BRG form and I get to continue to save my Marriott points for a more opportune time! Hope this helps some!
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold
I stay at the Fairfield Inn -- a short shuttle ride away. The airport area is reasonably sparse of things to do so it's really just a place to sleep for me. It's the standard Fairfield experience; free breakfast is a nice touch.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Toronto Airport Marriott Lounge Access with Parking Package

Toronto Airport Marriott Lounge Access with Parking Package through April 3, 2016.

"With rates starting at just $189 per night for a standard room (one king bed or two double beds), the Airport Lounge Access with Parking Package is available Thursday through Sunday* and includes two 3-hourpasses to the exclusive Plaza Premium Lounges at Toronto Pearson Airport ($100 value), eight to 15 days of covered parking** and a complimentary Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel shuttle that runs to and from the airport every 25 minutes, 22 hours a day, from 4 a.m. to 2 a.m. As always, Marriott Rewards® members who book this package will enjoy free Wi-Fi throughout their stay

Plaza Premium Lounges offer comfortable luxury, complimentary meals, snacks and beverages (including bar service) and business centres that upgrade the tradititional airport experience.

In addition to being one of the few Toronto airport hotels with covered parking, the Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel features spacious guestrooms. Accommodations are designed for relaxation, featuring soundproof windows and luxurious beds outfitted with down comforters, custom duvets and crisp linens. An indoor heated pool and Bistro East By West Restaurant and Lounge are just a few of the other premium amenities that await guests at this Toronto Pearson Airport hotel.

To book the Airport Lounge Access with Parking Package and, simply visit http://www.marriott.com/specials/mes...splayLink=true and enter code "LRP" in the "Corporate/promotional code" box when making your online reservation. Alternatively, call 1-888-236-2427 in Canada and request promotional code LPR.

*The following blackout dates apply: Nov. 5, 6, 12, 19, 20; Dec. 5; Jan. 14-16; March 3, 17, 18.

**Majority of hotel parking is underground."
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Marriott Toronto Airport

Spent last night here. Was offered a larger corner room upgrade, but turned it down because they did not have a king bed available. No suites available.

Still, room was nice enough. No complaints.

They just opened an M Lounge on the ground floor, and it is very nice. They now serve breakfast and evening hors d'ouevres 7 days. The breakfast buffet, however, is located outside the club and shared with the restaurant. You get your plate there, then take it into the club. Drinks, including juices, are available in the club.

Buffet, by the way, was pretty nice. Evening offerings included two hot items and a very nice selection of meats, cheese and hummus. Also had glasses with salads; one pasta, one mushroom and tomato. We found it adequate for a light dinner. Pictures of buffet below.

Inside the club they have an interesting arrangement for water. There are glass bottles with screw tops available, and two faucets; one for still, one for sparkling. There are also a couple of terminals. Pictures below.
Attached Images       
unclepants likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Michilander also mentioned this re: the exec lounge in the sticky re: hours:

"They now have an M Lounge on the ground floor. Accessible 24/7 and offers breakfast and evening service 7 days. Breakfast 0600-1100 M-F, 0600-1200 S-Su; Evening service 1700-2200, hors d'oeuvres 1730-1930 M-Su.

The buffet for breakfast is actually located just outside the entrance to the club (same one used for restaurant). You grab a plate there and take it into the club."
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
So this replaces the old lounge on 7th or 8th floor?

Not familiar with the M Lounge concept. Guess I better read up on it.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Michilander also mentioned this re: the exec lounge in the sticky re: hours:

"They now have an M Lounge on the ground floor. Accessible 24/7 and offers breakfast and evening service 7 days. Breakfast 0600-1100 M-F, 0600-1200 S-Su; Evening service 1700-2200, hors d'oeuvres 1730-1930 M-Su.

The buffet for breakfast is actually located just outside the entrance to the club (same one used for restaurant). You grab a plate there and take it into the club."
Oh, yeah, forgot to post this picture. Also, in the evening they put the treats out at 1730 along with the savory stuff. No waiting 'til 1930 for dessert Last night there were three or four kinds of cakes and two kinds of cookies.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Not familiar with the M Lounge concept. Guess I better read up on it.
Every new build or renovated Marriott seems to have one. See here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-m-club-2.html.

In concept, the M Club is in a bigger space than the Concierge Lounge with 24/7 access that includes an expanded -- and, theoretically, more premium -- food and beverage offering that supposedly brings the lounges of North American properties closer to the renown lounges of Asian properties.

In practice, I don't find the food to be any better, except at properties like the Marriott Georgetown in Washington, D.C.

In my experience, I find the M Club relatively poorly executed. I also think it probably leads to a decline in food and beverage sales at properties. Why pay for food or drinks -- and sit alone in a restaurant/bar when you can drink at least non-alcoholic beverages for free and have some food in a relatively private space without having to pay or tip.

Like the Marriott in Auburn Hills/Bloomfield Hills/Pontiac (Detroit suburbs) has the first M Club in Michigan. The problem is the hours are basically the same as a concierge lounge with no evening food or drinks at the weekend and holidays.

I'd rather just have a coupon for a free appetizer or entree and a complimentary glass of wine. I'd probably end up ordering more (and paying for them) anyways.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AC 25K, Marriott LT Platinum
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Fairfield Inn (recommended above; assuming 3299 Caroga Drive) versus the Courtyard (231 Carlingview Drive)? For the dates I'm looking at, the Courtyard is quite a bit pricier, but is it really that much nicer? They're both Category 3, and the Fairfield even includes breakfast! What am I missing?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Howard
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Fairfield Inn (recommended above; assuming 3299 Caroga Drive) versus the Courtyard (231 Carlingview Drive)? For the dates I'm looking at, the Courtyard is quite a bit pricier, but is it really that much nicer? They're both Category 3, and the Fairfield even includes breakfast! What am I missing?
The Courtyard was recently renovated for what it's worth. One of the Fairfield properties has a full-service restaurant, or at least did the last time I was there.

There are also two nearby Four Points by Sheraton properties nearby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.