Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Am I supposed to get night credit and points here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United

I booked 4 rooms at Irvine Marriott under my account. One of my guest picked up the bill and used her credit card paid for all 4 rooms. I got an email from the hotel with everything shows 0, and of course, no points & credit.

Called Marriott twice, was told they have contacted Irvine but no response. I had to call Marriott Irvine and was told since I am not the one actually paid the stay, I will not get any points & credit.

Does anyone here have the similar experience?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20319288-post3.html

MR T&Cs says member must stay and pay to get credit. The only work around would have been to let them pay for everything but the last dollar and then you settle the final bill. Not much can be done now.

I've even read posts where the spouse paid for the room and no credit was allowed. I believe they have lightened up on that.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:55 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by lingzhou
I booked 4 rooms at Irvine Marriott under my account. One of my guest picked up the bill and used her credit card paid for all 4 rooms. I got an email from the hotel with everything shows 0, and of course, no points & credit.

Called Marriott twice, was told they have contacted Irvine but no response. I had to call Marriott Irvine and was told since I am not the one actually paid the stay, I will not get any points & credit.

Does anyone here have the similar experience?
Did she also provide her Marriott rewards # when she paid?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United
thanks, seems I have to give up. lessons learned.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by lingzhou
thanks, seems I have to give up. lessons learned.
Still does not excuse the property from not responding. If you continue to push for a response, MR may make a "one-time exception". I've lost count of the number of times I have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.