Wiki Posts
Search

Habtoor Grand Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Habtoor Grand Dubai [Master Thread]

Hi

I'm probably behind the times but I see this is now an Autograph Collection hotel. I'm pleased by this, though I've never stayed there I love the location, and frequent the Underground bar a lot. The area was crying out for a full service Marriott.

Does anyone know what facilities it has in terms of lounges, and what benefits MR Gold or Plat receive here?

Kind Regards
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It's a resort so technically free i-net, possible upgrade & Plat Arrival Gift is all they have to offer. Whether they go beyond that we'll have to wait on a report by FTers. If you stay there, please report back. Property is a Category 8.

Cheers.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:57 am

Hey, am updating the exec lounge sticky & while I assumed it didn't have an exec lounge since Autograph Collection properties usually don't, it turns out this one does!

SPECIAL BENEFITS
This room features Club lounge access
Open: Sun-Sat, Open: 6.30am - 11.00pm
Complimentary food:
- Hot buffet breakfast
- afternoon tea
- hors d'oeuvres
- dessert
Complimentary Cocktails
Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages
Newly renovated on the 25th floor, with panoramic views and an outdoor terrace where there is space to work, rest and entertain.The lounge offers private check in and check out facilities, complimentary internet in-room and in the lounge , complimentary use of the meeting room
exclusive breakfast, refreshments throughout the day and evening canopies and full bar from 5pm-7pm
Club guests will also enjoy complimentary airport transfers in a private car.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:55 am

Press release saying it's officially open:

http://news.marriott.com/2015/03/mar...esort-spa.html

Cheers.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 9:18 am

any reviews?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Smile Habtoor Grand Lounge

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Hey, am updating the exec lounge sticky & while I assumed it didn't have an exec lounge since Autograph Collection properties usually don't, it turns out this one does!

SPECIAL BENEFITS
This room features Club lounge access
Complimentary food:
- Hot buffet breakfast
- afternoon tea
- hors d'oeuvres
- dessert
Complimentary Cocktails
Newly renovated on the 25th floor, with panoramic views and an outdoor terrace where there is space to work, rest and entertain.The lounge offers private check in and check out facilities, complimentary internet in-room and in the lounge , complimentary use of the meeting room
exclusive breakfast, refreshments throughout the day and evening canopies and full bar from 5pm-7pm
Club guests will also enjoy complimentary airport transfers in a private car.
In the lounge at the moment, access given as a PP. Most of the above is correct, but free airport transfers only offered if you book a 'club' room rather than being upgraded.

Have to say, service in lounge is exemplary. My second day here and already I am addressed by my name (all I have given the receptionist is my room number !).

Having spent a lot of time in US Marriott lounges, my expectations have been massively exceeded ! Complimentary and pro-actively offered drinks 1800-2000 every night. Food, both at breakfast and in the evening is really good.

Looking beyond the lounge, the hotel's grounds appear to be vast, 3+ pools, private beach and double digit restaurants and bars.

I'll add more nearer the end of my 7 night (MR Travel Package) stay.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:02 am

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver (MM), HH LT Diamond, MR LT Platinum
Lounge access for Gold?

Thinking of booking 3 rooms for 6 nights in March. Called the hotel twice to see if Golds have access to the lounge and was transferred but no one picked up either time.

Will post the outcome.

Update: After finally getting connected to the Rooms Controller, I was told that Golds indeed have access to the Club Lounge and are allowed two guests.

Last edited by NWstu; Jan 13, 2017 at 1:20 pm
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by NWstu
Thinking of booking 3 rooms for 6 nights in March. Called the hotel twice to see if Golds have access to the lounge and was transferred but no one picked up either time.

Will post the outcome.

Update: After finally getting connected to the Rooms Controller, I was told that Golds indeed have access to the Club Lounge and are allowed two guests.
I'm not sure why you thought Golds wouldn't get access to the exec lounge? It's part of Marriott policy. Whether all 3 rooms would get access is the bigger question. Technically the policy is elite+1. Some properties do extend the courtesy to multiple rooms booked by the elite, but not all do. So are you saying the rooms controller said all 3 rooms or just confirmed the general policy?

Cheers.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT Lifetime; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime; HHonors Gold
Resorts are Exempt

I'm not sure why you thought Golds wouldn't get access to the exec lounge? It's part of Marriott policy.
I thought the Resorts are exempt from offering lounge access to GLD and PLT.

Can anyone comment on suite upgrades at this property?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by badm96
I thought the Resorts are exempt from offering lounge access to GLD and PLT.

Can anyone comment on suite upgrades at this property?
Resorts are exempt from offering free brekkie, although some do or some do for Plats only. But normally if there is an exec lounge at a property & it's open, Gold/Plats have lounge access (Griffin Club & similar excepted).

And at this property it's been confirmed by NWstu that Gold/Plats have lounge access.

Exec lounge:
Private access floor
Complimentary food:
- Hot buffet breakfast
- afternoon tea
- hors d'oeuvres
- dessert
- High-Speed Wi-Fi
Complimentary Cocktails
Newly renovated lounge located on 25th floor, with panoramic views and an outdoor terrace.
The lounge offers private check in and check out facilities.
Complimentary internet in-room and in the lounge , complimentary use of the meeting room.
Exclusive breakfast, refreshments throughout the day and evening canapes and full bar from 6pm-8pm
Club guests will also enjoy complimentary airport transfers in a private car. (Sharon's note: this bennie might be for those who have paid for a club room vs. just having elite status or being upgraded to a club room)
dedicated outdoor space

The entire property has free wifi, both in rooms & public areas. Free parking, whether self or valet. Has 399 rooms, 47 suites. Free bottled water in room. 3 pools: adult, main, children.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jan 15, 2017 at 8:22 am
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: AA PLT Lifetime; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime; HHonors Gold
Suite upgrade

Do PLT get suite upgrades at this property? I have stayed at the JW Marquis and got upgraded to a large suite last time I was in Dubai and many PLT have experienced. However, I haven't heard about upgrades at this property.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Do PLT get suite upgrades at this property? I have stayed at the JW Marquis and got upgraded to a large suite last time I was in Dubai and many PLT have experienced. However, I haven't heard about upgrades at this property.
Obtained an upgrade to a suite on a recent 5 night stay here (Platinum member). Exemplary service, and as others have said access to a fantastic customer service in the Club Lounge.

Excellent property.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver (MM), HH LT Diamond, MR LT Platinum
I'm here on a 7-night paid stay, Marriott Gold. Reserved three rooms for myself and two colleagues. I was upgraded to a suite, one colleague (Platinum and changed the reservation into his name) was upgraded to a junior suite and the other colleague got just a regular room (I'm paying for his room and it remained in my name.)

All of us have access to the lounge.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:49 am

Resorts are exempt from offering free brekkie, although some do or some do for Plats only. But normally if there is an exec lounge at a property & it's open, Gold/Plats have lounge access (Griffin Club & similar excepted).

And at this property it's been confirmed by NWstu that Gold/Plats have lounge access.

Exec lounge:
Private access floor
Complimentary food:
- Hot buffet breakfast
- afternoon tea
- hors d'oeuvres
- dessert
- High-Speed Wi-Fi
Complimentary Cocktails
Newly renovated lounge located on 25th floor, with panoramic views and an outdoor terrace.
The lounge offers private check in and check out facilities.
Complimentary internet in-room and in the lounge , complimentary use of the meeting room.
Exclusive breakfast, refreshments throughout the day and evening canapes and full bar from 6pm-8pm
Club guests will also enjoy complimentary airport transfers in a private car. (Sharon's note: this bennie might be for those who have paid for a club room vs. just having elite status or being upgraded to a club room)
dedicated outdoor space

The entire property has free wifi, both in rooms & public areas. Free parking, whether self or valet. Has 399 rooms, 47 suites. Free bottled water in room. 3 pools: adult, main, children.

Cheers.
Guaranteed Concierge/Executive/Club/Signature Club Lounge Access* for Platinum and Gold Elite members plus one guest at JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance®, Marriott® Hotels and Delta Hotels® during normal hours of operations. Lounge offers light snacks and daily continental breakfast. Resorts are excluded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.