Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2015 Platinum Elite package arrived - but no physical card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S

2015 Platinum Elite package arrived in today's mail. Brochure says "HELLO MOBILE CARD", telling me that my membership card is now on the Marriott Mobile app. Presumably Marriott is saving something by no longer including a physical card. Anyone else have the same experience?
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Annandaler
2015 Platinum Elite package arrived in today's mail. Brochure says "HELLO MOBILE CARD", telling me that my membership card is now on the Marriott Mobile app. Presumably Marriott is saving something by no longer including a physical card. Anyone else have the same experience?
Ah, everybody that qualified for status has the same experience. They aren't giving physical cards, only electronic in the app.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 7:38 pm

I always threw mine away so not sure what the problem is.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Perhaps the entire membership isn't exactly like you.

For those who would like one, for whatever reason, My Account>Profile>Order Replacement Rewards Card. See if it still works.

Last edited by CPRich; Feb 14, 2015 at 10:22 pm
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Annandaler
2015 Platinum Elite package arrived in today's mail. Brochure says "HELLO MOBILE CARD", telling me that my membership card is now on the Marriott Mobile app.
My Android phone told me the other day the my Marriott app had crashed and needed to close.

I've never had that problem with my physical card.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by CPRich
Perhaps the entire membership isn't exactly like you.

For those who would like one, for whatever reason, My Account>Profile>Order Replacement Rewards Card. See if it still works.
I always lose mine. Glad to see there's an option for those that want a physical card. Also glad that I could just reference mine from a phone app - although that won't work overseas.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 9:04 pm

Still the question, what does one need the card for? You put your number in when you make your reservation so your status is known. Or you ask the front desk to look it up if for some reason you don't make the reservation ahead of time. It seems the physical card, like most similar things in life, is a complete waste of paper and postage. Maybe I am wrong though. What do you actually use the card for?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Is there a PP gift this year?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
Still the question, what does one need the card for? You put your number in when you make your reservation so your status is known. Or you ask the front desk to look it up if for some reason you don't make the reservation ahead of time. It seems the physical card, like most similar things in life, is a complete waste of paper and postage. Maybe I am wrong though. What do you actually use the card for?
I use it to have my Marriott Rewards number (which I don't remember) and their phone numbers (which I use from various phones), all in one place.

I've never needed to use the card at hotels, though, that I can remember.

And, btw, it uses no extra paper (it's all plastic) or extra postage (they send the same giant heavy package at renewal time they always have, the card would add trivial weight to that). So while it might be a waste of plastic, I don't see how it's a waste of paper or postage.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I use it to have my Marriott Rewards number (which I don't remember) and their phone numbers (which I use from various phones), all in one place.

I've never needed to use the card at hotels, though, that I can remember.

And, btw, it uses no extra paper (it's all plastic) or extra postage (they send the same giant heavy package at renewal time they always have, the card would add trivial weight to that). So while it might be a waste of plastic, I don't see how it's a waste of paper or postage.
Thank you. Seems easier to put in your contacts under "M" for Marriott or "H" for Hotels but at least you have a reason.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Originally Posted by CPRich
Confirmed this still works. Requested one and received it in the mail two weeks later.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:47 pm

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+
Originally Posted by joshua362
Is there a PP gift this year?
I was wondering the same thing. I think mine has been coming in early February the past couple of years - maybe I didn't make the cut for PP in 2015?

I won't be home for a couple of weeks to check the mail, so if anyone has a PP packet/gift yet, I'd be curious to know too.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by chuckworth
Confirmed this still works. Requested one and received it in the mail two weeks later.
Thanks, im going to do this, no marriott app for blackberry and app wont wun on my tablet.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by chuckworth
Argh. Nothing ever easy with Marriott...

Marriott Rewards > My Account > Profile > Order Replacement Card >
Order Replacement Card

You are a Platinum Premiere Marriott Rewards member. Please call Marriott Rewards Customer Support so we may expedite your request immediately.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 11:44 am

ohhh diosss mioooo! OP is LT yet is worried about not getting a card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.