Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ambassador Hotel Tulsa, Autograph Collection, OK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT

What was your experience like? I travel to TUL for work and figured it would be a good change of pace from the CY.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:29 am

Checking in tonight. I'll see what I can dig up.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Yes please do, have a res booked for the summer.
thank you
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Kingston. I'll look forward to your report. I'm glad Concur now shows this property!
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:16 pm

Just got back from a short stay and it was positive.
I know this is a boutique brand and the hotel definitely doesn't feel like a Marriott.

Parking is in a small lot, and is free. The lobby is very small but cozy. If you're looking for the bustling FS Marriott lobby experience, you won't find it here. The hotel itself feels small, the fitness center is small (maybe 4-5 machines), not much common area.

Asked for and got a corner room as a Plat. They are still new to the res system so it took some time to swap out, but everyone was very nice and professional.

No lounge so they offered 750 points or continental breakfast. The restaurant is good and I bet a continental breakfast would be nice there. I had an early flight so I didn't find out.

The room was huge and very nice. Huge bathroom. Nice view. Big shower. Lots of little honor bar items ($3 each) which I'm not used to in a Marriott. Safe, fridge, robes, fancy mirror, fancy Keurig coffee machine.
Staff had left a personalized welcome card from the management which I'm always a sucker for.

Location is easy off the highway, but that also means it's near the highway so while quiet in a no people way (seriously I didn't see any other guests), you can still hear the highway and some plumbing noises.

Internet is wireless with a single password and no landing page! That means Chromecasts, Amazon fire sticks, roku can connect directly. Unfortunately it was also inconsistent speeds. Anywhere from 3Megabits to 15Megabits within the room. No wired connection.

I would definitely go back. Probably the nicest Marriott property in Tulsa.
Friendly staff, good restaurant, nice room, easy parking.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Thank you very much for the detailed review. I will keep my plan tp stay there then. Looking forward to my stay. Thank you again.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 6:28 pm

Note that their reservations page says they are doing renovations through March 2015.
Outside of a plastic sheet covered elevator, I didn't see or hear any signs of it.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kingston
Just got back from a short stay and it was positive.
I know this is a boutique brand and the hotel definitely doesn't feel like a Marriott.

Parking is in a small lot, and is free. The lobby is very small but cozy. If you're looking for the bustling FS Marriott lobby experience, you won't find it here. The hotel itself feels small, the fitness center is small (maybe 4-5 machines), not much common area.

Asked for and got a corner room as a Plat. They are still new to the res system so it took some time to swap out, but everyone was very nice and professional.

No lounge so they offered 750 points or continental breakfast. The restaurant is good and I bet a continental breakfast would be nice there. I had an early flight so I didn't find out.

The room was huge and very nice. Huge bathroom. Nice view. Big shower. Lots of little honor bar items ($3 each) which I'm not used to in a Marriott. Safe, fridge, robes, fancy mirror, fancy Keurig coffee machine.
Staff had left a personalized welcome card from the management which I'm always a sucker for.

Location is easy off the highway, but that also means it's near the highway so while quiet in a no people way (seriously I didn't see any other guests), you can still hear the highway and some plumbing noises.

Internet is wireless with a single password and no landing page! That means Chromecasts, Amazon fire sticks, roku can connect directly. Unfortunately it was also inconsistent speeds. Anywhere from 3Megabits to 15Megabits within the room. No wired connection.

I would definitely go back. Probably the nicest Marriott property in Tulsa.
Friendly staff, good restaurant, nice room, easy parking.
Thanks very much Kingston. Did you have a chance to utilize their car service at all? I'm having to justify the more expensive hotel by saying I won't need a rental car.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
Thanks very much Kingston. Did you have a chance to utilize their car service at all? I'm having to justify the more expensive hotel by saying I won't need a rental car.
Nope. I had my own car. I would call and ask about hours.
In my experience they don't start early enough for the first flight of the day.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

I'm at the Ambassador right now. Overall, I'd say if I must endure TUL I'd be happy to do it here. Some notes about the property:

-Property: Check-in was a little slow (I call it botique speed). No upgrade for Gold but I wasn't expecting one. I was offered either complimentary breakfast or 750 points, and took the points. Parking is free including free valet service if desired (if you take into account the $15/night at the CY, this room was only about $25/night more expensive).

-Room: very spacious, I have a single king. There is also a loveseat, recliner, coffee machine, fairly dated TV with no HD options. More room than the CY in TUL, and a nicer feel to the room. Bed is very comfortable. The view is of a parking lot but I wasn't expecting much. Bathroom is nice, only a shower. You have to dart in to turn it on before getting blasted with cold water because the only entry is on the far side of the shower.

-Restaurant: Very tasty food, but its a fine dining restaurant, so if you are looking for a cheaper option you are out of luck. It appears to be a place people who aren't staying at the hotel eat, not just a typical hotel restaurant. There is not much else to eat very nearby. I ate there last night, had a romaine wedge, beef wellington and creme brulee. The wedge was the most creative, with confit garlic and fried anchovies. The wellington and creme brulee were old standards done well. There was a private party going on in part of the restaurant so it was louder than I expected when eating at the bar. They said a downstairs room was open for dining, I wish they had put the private party in the downstairs room. I'm not sure how normal of an occurrence this is. The bar had a good selection of whiskey as well.

Location: Not really much within walking distance to speak of, especially to eat. The restaurants further up in downtown Tulsa are about 8-10 blocks away, which is doable for an able-bodied person but not an easy walk for everyone. There is a Quik Trip a couple blocks west on 15th where I bought some beer, and there appears to be some more fast food options a bit east on 15th.

Last edited by rdurlabhji; Feb 24, 2015 at 7:54 pm Reason: structure
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:13 pm

I've stayed here a few more more times this year, and still recommend it. One stay, no upgrade but I checked and the hotel was sold out so I can't say I blame them.
The next few times got a suite without asking which I always appreciate.
Still a sucker for a hand written card, and a box of chocolates is cheap but when you're on the road for so long, is always a nice gesture.
Wish they'd give me a survey. Seems I only get survey links for crappy places and not the good ones.

It's a pretty quick drive to some decent places in the Blue Dome or Brady Arts districts. Walking, though is not the best. It's a short drive to the airport (10-15 min).
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
There is a Quik Trip a couple blocks west on 15th where I bought some beer, and there appears to be some more fast food options a bit east on 15th.
What you bought at that Quik Trip was NOT beer. Thanks to OK liquor laws it's 3.2% ABW. Gotta go to a state licensed liquor store to buy real beer, and that can't be cold. But that's a whole other discussion...
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:33 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Thanks to OK liquor laws it's 3.2% ABW.
Or 4.0% ABV(olume), a more common measure.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Or 4.0% ABV(olume), a more common measure.
True, but still hardly what I would call beer.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've stayed here a few more more times this year, and still recommend it. One stay, no upgrade but I checked and the hotel was sold out so I can't say I blame them.
The next few times got a suite without asking which I always appreciate.
Still a sucker for a hand written card, and a box of chocolates is cheap but when you're on the road for so long, is always a nice gesture.
Wish they'd give me a survey. Seems I only get survey links for crappy places and not the good ones.

It's a pretty quick drive to some decent places in the Blue Dome or Brady Arts districts. Walking, though is not the best. It's a short drive to the airport (10-15 min).
Thanks for the two detailed trip reports. One question - is the brekkie cont'l or full that you get by being G/P? I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.