Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Brown Palace $35/night Weekends...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Check out the Brown Palace rates from mid-May through October. Rooms are $35-40 - with breakfast! All in, add around $5 in taxes. Not bad!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:05 pm

gone now
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Managed to book a my parents for their anniversary. Not bad for $90 all in and breakfast for two. Thanks, FT ^
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any history with Marriott and cheapo rates? Have they honored them? I've got a weekend booked. I don't think there are THAT many rooms booked because it got pulled pretty quickly once it hit the blogs.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by iahphx
Any history with Marriott and cheapo rates? Have they honored them?
I have not had luck. See this thread for an example of a recent one that was NOT HONORED: [EXPIRED] Marriott near Dulles $10 on 7/18 only refundable
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FindAWay
I have not had luck. See this thread for an example of a recent one that was NOT HONORED: [EXPIRED] Marriott near Dulles $10 on 7/18 only refundable
Hmmm, from that thread, it doesn't sound like this is going to go well.

The weird thing, of course, is that DEN hotels are generally not that expensive. Like other Marriotts in town have $79 rates for that night. I guess they'll take the position that you should know that the Brown Palace ain't cheap!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:15 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Hmmm, from that thread, it doesn't sound like this is going to go well.

The weird thing, of course, is that DEN hotels are generally not that expensive. Like other Marriotts in town have $79 rates for that night. I guess they'll take the position that you should know that the Brown Palace ain't cheap!
Denver hotels are actually going up quite a bit. Occasionally you can get the SHS off Auroria for~$110-$120 (nicest springhill in the world), but most downtown hotels are high $1xx up to $300, even on weekends.

You can find cheaper rates near DTC or in the sticks, but even the Marriott in Westminster or the Centennial one (near new Schwab campus) are over $200/night.

Brown Palace is a boutique hotel and typically commands a high rate... plus it's haunted
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:09 am
Suspended

As an Autograph Collection property, it has independent management and may take a different tack -- we'll see.

And as for those who talk offer and acceptance as was discussed in the other thread mentioned above, a unilateral mistake by one party is enough to vitiate the contract.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
As an Autograph Collection property, it has independent management and may take a different tack -- we'll see.

And as for those who talk offer and acceptance as was discussed in the other thread mentioned above, a unilateral mistake by one party is enough to vitiate the contract.
Honestly, it seems too easy NOT to honor the rate. Unlike the airlines, which now have the DOT on their backs, there's nobody demanding that hotels honor "mistake" rates. I would also think the "goodwill" loss is minimal. Even as a Gold elite, what am I going to do if they cancel my reservation: rant about never staying in another Marriott hotel ever? Yeah, right. And even if I did, I'm not sure why the Brown Palace would particularly care.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Honestly, it seems too easy NOT to honor the rate. Unlike the airlines, which now have the DOT on their backs, there's nobody demanding that hotels honor "mistake" rates. I would also think the "goodwill" loss is minimal. Even as a Gold elite, what am I going to do if they cancel my reservation: rant about never staying in another Marriott hotel ever? Yeah, right. And even if I did, I'm not sure why the Brown Palace would particularly care.
DOT aside, there is another important difference between air tickets and hotel bookings. You only have a standing with airlines if your ticket had been paid for and issued. Hotel bookings are not normally charged until much later or when you check out. For a contract to be enforceable, there much be some considerations (payment). That's why many contracts in USA are written with $10 as considerations. You don't have an enforceable contract until payment is made.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it's been a week and not a peep from the Brown Palace. So is the next step to research contract law about the need for timeliness for rescission of a "mistake" price?

Logic suggests it shouldn't be more than a week, but not sure if "logic" has a place in the law. I mean, you can't just wait for the guests to show up and say "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offer you that price. You need to add a zero".
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You still have a reservation with that price in the system?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
You still have a reservation with that price in the system?
I have many.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I have many.
That is why rest can't have nice things

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.