Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Miami Beach EDITION, Miami, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ucfjoe
Miami Beach Edition has $40/day resort fee as of Jan 7 2018. Parking (Valet only) is $45/day.

It no longer offers Plats free breakfast.

Miami Beach Edition Website
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: status free since 2017

Looking to go in few weeks... W, SoBe is little expensive and the new Marriott looks pretty nice. Any thoughts on this property? As I understand they have a full brekkie for PLTs... any pics?

Side question - if a non-elite uses their points to make reservation for an elite, how would it be treated?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:40 pm

Great Hotel, service can improve

Hi there,

I just recently came back from a 9 night stay over New Years.

Great Hotel with superior design and an unforgettable stay with still some room for improvements, but they compensate very well.

Stayed there completely on points and even though it was completely full we were upgraded after 3 nights to an ocean front room in the bungalow section for the rest of our stay.

As a plat you receive free breakie for 2 to the total of 75$ a day as all food is based on order from the menu. Great breakfast with a lot of options and all freshly made. Service was outstanding and Ahmed as our server for most of the time needs to receive a special thanks from us for the service provided.

As down for example bikes should be included in the daily resort fee of 25$ but they were not available at our stay. The good thing was that they just took of the daily fee for the complete stay.

Taxi to Ocean Drive is not more than 10$ and taking the bus is only 2,25$ a person and doey not take you more than 10 min.

I can completely recommend the hotel and especially the fact, that the hotel is brand new is a big plus.

Hope that helps

Basti
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
"Marriott Sells Miami Beach EDITION, Retains Long-term Management Agreement

Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) today announced it has sold The Miami Beach EDITION hotel for cash proceeds of $230 million. Today’s sale is the second in a series of three anticipated sales of Marriott-owned EDITION hotels to companies ultimately owned by the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA). The agreement with ADIA for the sale of these three EDITION hotels was announced when the first, The London EDITION, was sold to ADIA in January 2014. Marriott expects to sell the third, The New York EDITION (5 Madison Avenue) to ADIA in the first quarter of 2015."

http://news.marriott.com/2015/02/mar...agreement.html
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Aww! bummer. Didn't even get to check it out as an elite.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Aww! bummer. Didn't even get to check it out as an elite.
Well it's staying within the Marriott family, just no longer owned by Marriott. So you can still check it out.

Cheers.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well it's staying within the Marriott family, just no longer owned by Marriott. So you can still check it out.

Cheers.
Oh ok! I thought changing ownership would be a non-chain property. All good then
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:19 am

Any trip reports on this property yet?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by Hosserunda
Any trip reports on this property yet?
Wife, kids (G11 & B7), and I are checking in for a 3-day award stay tomorrow. I will post a report, including how they handle breakfast for a Gold.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:09 pm

The ice skating ring and bowling lanes on the ground floor are pretty cool!
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
[QUOTE=uncled;24196036]As a plat you receive free breakie for 2 to the total of 75$ a day as all food is based on order from the menu. [QUOTE]

This astonishes me. As a platinum, I have never received free breakfast at any Marriott family of brands resorts--with one exception (Marriott Phuket).
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
My thoughts on the hotel now that our stay is over:

A. This is definitely a "meh" hotel, at best, for families. I picked it because of a really great MR deal offered back in September (45k points/night) and my wife was feeling nostalgic about staying on Miami Beach. There are almost no kid activities, no children's food options (more on that in a minute) and in general...few kids staying at the hotel.

B. Gold's get nothing except a kind hello when you check in. I figured as much, but still hurts when you look at the food prices for breakfast.

C. If you like *WHITE*, this hotel is for you. The pictures don't do justice how stark the rooms are. White furnishings, white wood, white everything. Our room faced the city, and while there is major construction going on right across the street...we never heard anything. The sound deadening is excellent.

D. The bathroom area has an interesting open floor plan to them with very little noise/light blocking. There's a "movable" wall to segment it off, but it really doesn't do much.

E. Staff in general was pleasant, but I wouldn't consider the service any more impressive than a full-service Marriott.

F. I thought I was pretty jaded by food and beverage prices from living in Chicago and traveling for business, but the Edition's food/drink prices take crazy to a whole different level. Combine insane prices with no kid options, and no real walkable options, particularly for breakfast, and it's a recipe for financial hurt. That said, the food really is tasty as others have said.

G. We had dinner at the Palms next door, and highly recommend that restaurant. They have a locavore theme going on, and it worked really well (plus they have some really creative kid options).

This was an experiment for us, and while nice, we'll likely stay at one of the Ft. Lauderdale resorts next time we're in the Miami area as a family.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:00 am

Thanks for the trip report!

Cheers.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by rflor

A. This is definitely a "meh" hotel, at best, for families. I picked it because of a really great MR deal offered back in September (45k points/night) and my wife was feeling nostalgic about staying on Miami Beach. There are almost no kid activities, no children's food options (more on that in a minute) and in general...few kids staying at the hotel.
I'm not really surprised by this because IMHO the Edition brand (like Starwood's W brand and Hyatt's Andaz brand) are lifestyles brands and are not really targeted to families with children.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:58 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by christianj
the Edition brand (like Starwood's W brand and Hyatt's Andaz brand) are lifestyles brands and are not really targeted to families with children.
This.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dayone
This.
This, what???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.