Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Congratulations! Your Platinum Elite status has been renewed [2014 Version]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LT Marriott Uber Titanium; From US CP to dirt (Its been a while)

So I logged into Marriott this afternoon and noticed that it said that my status for Platinum had been renewed. ^ I currently have 61 night 22 of which are paid nights. My father logged in and it said the same and he has 49 nights.

So I just logged in and the message is GONE!

Anyone else had this issue? Not sure what to make of it now.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Similar experience here. Logged in a few days ago and saw "Congratulations! Your Platinum Elite status has been renewed." But when I checked again earlier today the message was gone.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
The annual "we screwed up the status updates and mistakenly told you something then took it back" thread? Seems someone get this wrong every year.

In the past, the response has typically been "sorry 'bout that". I don't recall any "our bad, we'll honor the mistaken upgrade we told you about". I wouldn't expect it and don't think anyone should. Expect to have the status that you earned.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:28 am

so I have 49 nts, and more than $3k spending this dec, but my cc account closing date is 1/3....will that bonus nt count in 2014 0r 2015?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by frankhi
so I have 49 nts, and more than $3k spending this dec, but my cc account closing date is 1/3....will that bonus nt count in 2014 0r 2015?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:34 pm

thanks
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Similar experience here. Logged in a few days ago and saw "Congratulations! Your Platinum Elite status has been renewed." But when I checked again earlier today the message was gone.
+1
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CPRich
The annual "we screwed up the status updates and mistakenly told you something then took it back" thread? Seems someone get this wrong every year.

In the past, the response has typically been "sorry 'bout that". I don't recall any "our bad, we'll honor the mistaken upgrade we told you about". I wouldn't expect it and don't think anyone should. Expect to have the status that you earned.
Typical grouch response.

My experience in the past is that even if I haven't "earned" the number of nights required for the status level but I have received the email, I get the status level.

"Earned" is in the eye of the rewards program/brand. If Marriott wants to give someone status because it believes that someone is worthwhile of the status, then so be it.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
I'm substantially over 75 nights this year, and no message for me... (although I am lifetime for all practical purposes, it doesn't techincally kick in until my rollover nights hit next year)

Maybe they are only telling people who are on the bubble that they decided to give the status to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.