Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Bella Sky Copenhagen Denmark [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2016, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
From posts in the thread:

* Parking fee not waived - no public parking anywhere near the hotel
* Gym is free but you have to pay for the spa
* You do have to reserve the shuttle back to CPH ( from reception).
* Shuttle from airport leaves on the 20s/50s; from the hotel it leaves on the 30s/60s. Takes 15-20 minutes

* 5 minute walk to metro; metro to downtown is 10 minutes
* the airport shuttle is no longer offered. The public transport option is to take a train towards Copenhagen that stops at Ørestad station (second stop). Be aware they don't all stop there. And then change to the metro for two stops. The longer option is to take the metro from the airport to Christianshavn, and then change to the opposite platform to towards Vest Amager, and get off at Bella Center.

Category 6.

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ky-copenhagen/
Print Wikipost

AC Bella Sky Copenhagen Denmark [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Thank you. I get confused because last year two Courtyards in Hong Kong had lounges and I had at least a free breakfast and perhaps additional food in the afternoon.

Recently I was stayed in a Hyatt in Amman as gold and the breakfast was free - lounge or buffet downstairs - with additional food in the late afternoon.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Xeno
Thank you. I get confused because last year two Courtyards in Hong Kong had lounges and I had at least a free breakfast and perhaps additional food in the afternoon. Recently I was stayed in a Hyatt in Amman as gold and the breakfast was free - lounge or buffet downstairs - with additional food in the late afternoon.
Asia CYs are often like full-service properties & have lounges or offer breakfast. It's more due to the Asian culture. Rest of world CYs you're not going to get free breakfast as a Gold. If you were staying at the Amman Marriot (which is the equivalent of Hyatt) you'd have free breakfast a a Gold/access to exec lounge, with food offerings in the morning, aft & eve.

There have been no reports of free breakfast for Golds at the AC Bella Sky Copenhagen, just Plats, so think possible upgrade & free i-net is what you can expect as a Gold.

Cheers.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
My team (mixture of Golds & Plats) stayed at the AC Bella Sky last week, and none of us were offered free breakfast.

As regulars at the Marriott Copenhagen (only staying at the AC because of capacity constraints at the former), was definitely a step down and felt very basic. Only two positive points above the Marriott:
- better (more powerful) showers
- better gym
Old Oct 25, 2016, 4:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 10/22 - 10/24

Location: The hotel is located by the Bella Sky Convention Center. It's about 3 miles from "downtown" Copenhagen by which I mean City Hall Plaza or Tivoli and about the same from CPH. A cab from CPH costs 140 DKK (about $22 USD) and a Uber to the center of Copenhagen cost me 80 DKK (about $12 USD). Alterantively, 200 meters away is the Bella Sky stop on the M1 line of the Metro which you can take to Christiana in 7 minutes or Kongens Nytorv in 8 which get you near where most of the tourist sites are. Several bus lines also stop here including the 250S which you can take to Tivoli. There's not much around the hotel though that you can walk to.

Hotel: It's a hell of a building, that's for sure. Certainly one of the most unique looking structures I've stayed at, and also the largest hotel in Scandanavia! There's a small bar in the lobby as well as two restaurants on the second floor, one of which serves breakfasts only to Marriott elites. The top floor (23rd) has the Skybar which is worth visiting for a drink. The hotel is very new and feels bright, airy and spacious in all the common areas.

Skybar on the 23rd Floor

Check In: Handled very efficiently by an agent who told me I'd been "upgraded" to a deluxe room and asked if I wanted to be charged in DKK or USD which was nice. They also let me check in at 1:30 which I appreciated. All the staff here were friendly and helpful.

Room: Pretty odd layout, felt very modern art-y in the sense that it was minimalist in its design. I found towels in a drawer, you pressed panels on one wall to get to the safe and the mini bar and the bathroom is tiny. I will say that it's one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. Weirdly, there was no shampoo or conditioner or bath gel left for me but when I called down to get some, a housekeeper was at my door in two minutes. Wifi went down one night but other than that worked fine. Do note that "deluxe" room apparently means corner room, I don't think it's much bigger than a normal room.

Stray Observations: No free breakfast for Golds, it costs 180 DKK (about $27 USD), I passed. They do have an airport shuttle which runs every half hour from 6 am to 11 PM and costs 15 DKK (about $2 USD) which was a hell of a deal. I took them up on that and was really happy with it.

Overall, a very good hotel and while I had to schelp a little to get to some off the sights, I'm glad I stayed here.

Last edited by CMK10; Oct 25, 2016 at 5:05 pm
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the detailed trip report - especially the pictures! Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Some comments about this hotel, based on a recent stay as a Platinum:

1) Policy per front desk check-in agent is no free breakfast for Platinums ("we are not a full service Marriott hotel"), although in the end, I was comped breakfast as an courtesy exception (breakfast hours are 6;30 to 10:30, same on weekends);

2) Very limited room upgrade to center of hotel deluxe room facing wall of the other tower --- overall smallish room, nothing particularly deluxe --- with all the great views afforded by the very large, very tall hotel, this was very disappointing;

3) No free waters for Platinums in rooms (courtesy exception 1 free bottle from mini bar, but not a free Pepsi);

4) Broken internet, down for more than 24+ hours, no compensation;

5) No phone by the bed. Phones across the room at the desk. No portable phones. Very inconvenient.

6) Very small TV for a new hotel.

7) No bedside lock in room.

8) No room service/food available after 10 pm (exception: I was able to get one pre-made refrigerated cold chicken sandwich delivered tot the room at around 11pm for about DK 100: I find this very strange for such a large business hotel.

9) No top sheet and king bed contained two twin duvets, not a king duvet.

10) Low-medium quality linens and towels.

11) No bathrobes.

12) 5 minute walk to the Metro (subway)...could be reduced if they allowed entrance/exit out the back door during normal hours, but not available, despite numerous doors. Metro to downtown Copenhagen is about 10 minutes and cost is DK 24 one way 3#.50). Uber cost to downtown Copenhagen is about DK 85 ($12), 15+/- minutes.

13) Shuttle from airport leaves every 30 minutes on the 20s and 50s. Missed shuttle by a few mins so we took a taxi.

14) Shuttle to airport was free (coupon provided by the front desk, at least I think it was free), leaves on the half hour (30s and 60s), takes 15-20 mins with stop at the nearby Holiday Inn. Drop off is at Terminal 2...about 350 yard walk to Terminal 3.

15) Amenity points not posted.

Last edited by nologic; Mar 12, 2017 at 1:10 am
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

AC properties don't provide breakfast; not part of the brand standard. Some individual properties do, but not the norm. This property used to offer Plats free brekkie, so sounds like that's changed.

Just noticed the property dropped to Cat 6 from 7 w/ the recent annual change.

Cheers.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Stayed at this hotel one night with my gf two weeks ago, as we needed to stay close to CPH in order to catch an early flight.
The Platinum arrival gift was two drink vouchers (including snacks) in the Sky bar. We managed to get two glasses of Barolo priced at 135DKK/20 USD each on the vouchers (plus the snacks), so it was definitely a very expensive arrival gift, compared to what I am usually offered in properties in Latin America and Caribbean.

My rate included breakfast which was served in the smaller of the two restaurants. Felt very exclusive as the bigger one was packed with cruise guests already by 6.30.

The rooms have already been described thoroughly above and I have not much new to add, so my data entry is really that you should definitely go for the Barolo rather than the 250 points as arrival gift, especially if you like a good wine.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I stayed here in November, and breakfast in the restaurant was available for Platinum members. However checking in yesterday I was explicitly told that they are only associated with Marriott, and don't have an executive lounge, so there is no breakfast available.

I was given a drink vouches for the Skybar, which is new. But amazingly it was only valid for the day of check-in. Platinum welcome gift.

I will check if I can get the voucher extended as I fell asleep upon getting to the room.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:02 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
"no lounge" and "no elite breatfast" is par for the course with european ACs I've stayed in (including this one).
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by pvn
"no lounge" and "no elite breatfast" is par for the course with european ACs I've stayed in (including this one).
For my last three stays this year I have received free breakfast. Not this time. I realise that it is not a written benefit anywhere, but it is a change policy for this specific property not to provide it.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:42 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I was there in October and did not get free breakfast.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pvn
I was there in October and did not get free breakfast.
I did in November.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I checked out today after a one night stay. I am Marriott Gold and received a breakfast voucher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.