Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trekwars2000
Spring MegaBonus 2015 Options:
  • Earn 3,000 points on every paid stay that includes a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday — up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 8 stays over weekend day)
  • Earn 3,000 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 9 stays)
  • Earn 2,500 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points (maxes out after 11 stays)
  • Earn 2,000 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 13 stays)
  • Earn 10,000 points after 10 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 17 nights)
  • Earn 25,000 points after 20 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 15,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 25,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 35,000 points after 20 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 55,000 bonus points (maxes out after 30 nights)
Print Wikipost

Marriott Megabonus 2/1/15-4/30/15

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2014, 2:52 pm

With so many different options why don't they just make all options available under each persons Promotion Central, including certificates, and let them pick their favorite? Seems they could make more people happy and foster a little good will for a change.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 3:02 pm

^
Originally Posted by AA Novice
With so many different options why don't they just make all options available under each persons Promotion Central, including certificates, and let them pick their favorite? Seems they could make more people happy and foster a little good will for a change.
^
Old Dec 25, 2014, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As I explained right above, even if you ask to have your offer changed, and they say ok, it's still tracked manually (at your end and at their end), and the website still think you're on the old offer. So it seems obvious to me that until they make it possible for the rep to change the offer and have it reflected online, they don't have underlying technology in place to do what you suggest.

Second, are you assuming the whole world reads FlyerTalk? Most people outside of FlyerTalk don't know that any other options exist, and it would be a very big change for Marriott to announce that publicly.

Again, be careful what you wish for: Most hotel companies (Hilton, for example) which have had choices of promos only let you choose between two very lousy promos. It could be that promos from Marriott are as good as they are only because they are not (for the average non-FTer) choosable and not all publicly disclosed by Marriott. Any changes to that (like your suggestion) would most likely be accompanied by radical "Hiltonizing" of the Marriott promos, rather than implementing your suggestion while keeping everything else unchanged.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:16 am

I've always been able to get them to switch me just by emailing through the website, which takes 2 seconds vs 2 minutes on the phone.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
As I explained right above, even if you ask to have your offer changed, and they say ok, it's still tracked manually (at your end and at their end), and the website still think you're on the old offer. So it seems obvious to me that until they make it possible for the rep to change the offer and have it reflected online, they don't have underlying technology in place to do what you suggest.

Second, are you assuming the whole world reads FlyerTalk? Most people outside of FlyerTalk don't know that any other options exist, and it would be a very big change for Marriott to announce that publicly.

Again, be careful what you wish for: Most hotel companies (Hilton, for example) which have had choices of promos only let you choose between two very lousy promos. It could be that promos from Marriott are as good as they are only because they are not (for the average non-FTer) choosable and not all publicly disclosed by Marriott. Any changes to that (like your suggestion) would most likely be accompanied by radical "Hiltonizing" of the Marriott promos, rather than implementing your suggestion while keeping everything else unchanged.
I didn't say call and ask to change, after the fact, I'm saying just make all options available and let people pick the MegaBonus they want. No manual tracking. No phone calls. No problem.

Marriott is already pretty much Hiltonized.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Marriott is already pretty much Hiltonized.
No it's not. To be Hiltonized means to have lousy promos (with no choices) like just double points and then on top of that to have 30% of all the hotels in the program opt out of even that!

Where's the giant list of Marriott family hotels opting out of MegaBonus??? I've never seen one. (I've seen smaller lists for certain side promos with partners, but that's about it.)

I've never had to check an opt-out hotel list for MegaBonus. But I do have to check an opt-out list for every single Hilton promo, because usually at least one Hilton hotel I might consider staying at has opted out.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
IMHO, I received a crappy one again

Earn 2,500 points on every paid stay starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by GoodForAnother
I've always been able to get them to switch me just by emailing through the website, which takes 2 seconds vs 2 minutes on the phone.
Were you able to do that?

I've tried twice through the website and received:

1) "I apologize that I cannot extend an exception to change your 2015 Spring MegaBonus Promotion offer."

and 2) "Please accept my apologies that we are unable to enroll you in an alternate offer."
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
No it's not. To be Hiltonized means to have lousy promos (with no choices) like just double points and then on top of that to have 30% of all the hotels in the program opt out of even that!

Where's the giant list of Marriott family hotels opting out of MegaBonus??? I've never seen one. (I've seen smaller lists for certain side promos with partners, but that's about it.)

I've never had to check an opt-out hotel list for MegaBonus. But I do have to check an opt-out list for every single Hilton promo, because usually at least one Hilton hotel I might consider staying at has opted out.
Seems like some people got lousy choices and have no choice when calling in trying to switch. In a few months more Cat 5 will be Cat 6 making Visa certs not worth a crap. No more buy one get one free for Plats...etc, etc. It's getting there slowly but surely.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bworrell
Were you able to do that?

I've tried twice through the website and received:

1) "I apologize that I cannot extend an exception to change your 2015 Spring MegaBonus Promotion offer."

and 2) "Please accept my apologies that we are unable to enroll you in an alternate offer."
Me too. Turned down twice on the phone and twice through messaging on site.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: Too Many to Count
Thank you for posting. It's a good deal IMO.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by fassy
Hmmm, not sure... my MR account has been created in Germany long time ago and when I login over marriott.de I see:

Erhalten Sie 2.500 Punkte nach jeden zweitem bezahlten Aufenthalt, beginnend mit Ihrem zweitem Aufenthalt, insgesamt bis zu 25.000 Bonuspunkte.
Which translates to:

Earn 2,500 points on every second paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points
If I go to marriott.com I read:

Earn 2,500 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points
Lost in translation or got a crappy deal? If so, if I sign up on the US site I get another deal than on the German site? Anyway, signed up on the US page and my account shows I'm signed up for the 2.500 for each stay after the second.

Btw. I'm MR Gold 2015 & 2016
same here - I'm keeping my figers crossed that it's a translation issue.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
I called and was able to switch my promotion (from #1 in the list above to #3). I didn't get any push back, but may have been my approach; I told them I rarely spend a weekend night at hotels, so the current offer wouldn't influence my stay patterns, so it's a "lose-lose" for both me (no extra points) and Marriott (no extra revenue).

As noted above, though; they did say this will require a manual recalculation at the end of the promotion which will require an additional call, so for not making the change automatic.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
All offers are not equivalent. Some are ABSOLUTELY better, in all cases.

For example:

Earn 15,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)

vs

Earn 25,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)

Who wants less points for the same offer?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:57 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Before Christmas my promotion was showing as 55k after 25 nights. Now it's changed to 25k + 5x 2k i.e. 35k points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.