FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1628676-marriotts-look-no-further-best-rate-guaranteed-master-thread.html)

nacho Nov 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

This thread is about Marriott's LNF. If you don't know what LNF is - here's the Marriott LNF.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding LNFs, then the below thread is the place to start:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-ritz-carlton-rewards/1337248-lnf-newbies-thats-marriotts-version-brg.html

For general discussion about LNF - experiences, rant, praise etc., please post in the thread below:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...scussions.html

If you need help in finding a lower rate, please post in the below thread (remember to be nice :)):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-lnf-rate.html

Finally if you are so lucky/skilled that you did score a LNF, please post your success here. Or if you see that someone got a LNF and you may need it, please PM the poster (please remember to be nice, as the poster is doing you a favour):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...esses-137.html

seabound Nov 14, 2014 5:06 pm

Excellent idea! I have had quite a bit of success with LNF rates and think that LNF deserves a sticky on its own.

BostonFlyer1624 Nov 19, 2014 11:56 am

Why is this a sticky?

sdsearch Nov 19, 2014 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624 (Post 23866807)
Why is this a sticky?

Because we want to keep things organized in the several different threads (linked above) about different aspects of LNF, and instead of making 4 separate threads sticky, one sticky "meta" thread with links to the other threads seems more "compact". (Some newcomers seem to have a hard time finding the right thread since it may not be on the first page, and then post in the wrong thread because that's all they can find.)

plagwate Nov 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 23867336)
Because we want to keep things organized in the several different threads (linked above) about different aspects of LNF, and instead of making 4 separate threads sticky, one sticky "meta" thread with links to the other threads seems more "compact". (Some newcomers seem to have a hard time finding the right thread since it may not be on the first page, and then post in the wrong thread because that's all they can find.)

So if this is for the benefit of newcomers, should we layoff of the acronyms a little bit? LNF and BRG is going to be foreign to most newcomers. They probably wouldn't know to click on this post to begin with based on the title. Something like "Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread" perhaps? I little wordy but at least you know what to expect inside.

nacho Nov 20, 2014 1:01 am

Originally Posted by plagwate (Post 23868088)
So if this is for the benefit of newcomers, should we layoff of the acronyms a little bit? LNF and BRG is going to be foreign to most newcomers. They probably wouldn't know to click on this post to begin with based on the title. Something like "Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread" perhaps? I little wordy but at least you know what to expect inside.

Great suggestion! I can't change it myself, I will ask Bruce to help me.

Thanks!

funkydory Feb 12, 2015 6:19 am

How strict is Marriott with the comparable rate? Does the room type need to match exactly? I noticed a few OTAs uses different names to describe the rooms. If their site says refundable up to same day 6pm and the non Marriott site say the day before will they honor the LNF?

nacho Feb 12, 2015 6:29 am

Originally Posted by funkydory (Post 24337652)
How strict is Marriott with the comparable rate? Does the room type need to match exactly? I noticed a few OTAs uses different names to describe the rooms. If their site says refundable up to same day 6pm and the non Marriott site say the day before will they honor the LNF?

I usually book the cheapest rate, so if the name doesn't exactly match, I'd put on the comment saying that 'both rooms are the lowest category room'. I got it through this way - however if it's for a specific bed type then the number of beds/bed type has to match if the price is not the same for 1 king/2 double.

YoungBubbie Feb 12, 2015 7:59 am

Originally Posted by nacho (Post 24337708)
I usually book the cheapest rate, so if the name doesn't exactly match, I'd put on the comment saying that 'both rooms are the lowest category room'. I got it through this way - however if it's for a specific bed type then the number of beds/bed type has to match if the price is not the same for 1 king/2 double.

If mine gets rejected then I write back also explaining. I have not had any problems as far the cancelation dates being a little different. The only problem I can foresee is if you use a refundable rate to a non refundable rate.

I just did a claim. The lowest rate on Marriott was the prepay non refundable. I booked with the higher refundable rate and my LNF came through almost $100 less than the non refundable one.

NJUPINTHEAIR Mar 9, 2015 5:43 am

Most Ritz-Carlton Hotels Are Now Avaiable For BRG Claims!

I think this may be a significant change to the Marriott BRG requirements -- it appears that most Ritz Carlton hotels can now have BRGs submitted.

The rules were recently updated to preclude BRG claims for Protea hotels, but I also see that only a handful of Ritz hotels are now off-limits:

The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to the following: Protea Hotels®, Ritz-Carlton Montreal, The Ritz London, and Hotel Ritz Madrid.
http://www.marriott.com/hotel-prices/travel.mi

Further, the rules now instruct one to make a reservation for a Ritz property prior to submitting a BRG claim:

One reservation must be made through any Marriott reservation channel (meaning our worldwide reservations centers, a Marriott hotel or an official Marriott website) for one of the following brands: JW Marriott®, Renaissance® Hotels, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Marriott Hotels®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, The Ritz-Carlton®, Gaylord Hotels®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Courtyard®, Residence Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, Fairfield Inn & Suites® , TownePlace Suites®, Moxy Hotels®, Atlantis, BVLGARI®, and EDITION®.

So, it would appear that a BRG claim can now be processed for all but a few Ritz properties!

cfischer Mar 12, 2015 7:07 pm

the new Ritz rule is very interesting ... I may try that in Seoul ... let's see if I can still find the comparison ...

rcrowe5999 May 9, 2015 3:02 pm

LNF

Does the LNF guarantee work if I book the other reservation on hotels.com at a rate they refer to as their 'private sale'?

YoungBubbie May 10, 2015 4:12 am

Originally Posted by rcrowe5999 (Post 24791164)
Does the LNF guarantee work if I book the other reservation on hotels.com at a rate they refer to as their 'private sale'?

I once was declined using some promo on travelocity. Even though it was available to all it was a no go.

But that wouldn't stop me from trying. You never know. I always try to have a back up site. If declined I email them back to check out the other.

cfischer May 11, 2015 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by rcrowe5999 (Post 24791164)

private sale is o.k. for LNF as long as the site allows everyone to book that sale.

cfischer May 11, 2015 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie (Post 24793001)
I once was declined using some promo on travelocity. Even though it was available to all it was a no go.

But that wouldn't stop me from trying. You never know. I always try to have a back up site. If declined I email them back to check out the other.

obviously any kind of code/coupon/cashback etc. won't work for LNF. They only accept the price that is listed (pre-tax that is)