Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:13 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
The new 5000 point selection definitely has its place.

For instance last year I secured a SPG BRG halving the rate for my 2 week stay down to $3000. Obviously the 2kSPG/5kMR would be a dreadful choice, but yesterday I got a single nights stay approved reducing the night by $10. Selecting the 25% would have saved me a further $27 so I chose the 5000MR points as I easily achieve 1c per point.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: Hertz
Hi All,
looking for Nashville
dates 12th to 16th Sept
hopefully Gaylord Opryland currently at $316 per night
please PM if anyone can help out the best sites for securing an LNF
Thanks for your help from a grateful Irishman!
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
is there a phone number to reach them?

I've had 3 denials b/c the agent thinks 268 x 4 is 1172 not 1072!! The number I tried to call (800 771-5665) answers as Marriott international reservations then immediately hangs up! Reservations doesn't have any other number for LNF - can anyone help?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
I've had 3 denials b/c the agent thinks 268 x 4 is 1172 not 1072!! The number I tried to call (800 771-5665) answers as Marriott international reservations then immediately hangs up! Reservations doesn't have any other number for LNF - can anyone help?
That was the number I found too. Hope someone else might have.
Keep on emailing back. They have to change shifts so you should get another agent responding who has better math skills or calculator.
Good luck.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
try writing back a few days later. Another agent will likely pick that up and fix it.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
try writing back a few days later. Another agent will likely pick that up and fix it.
Thanks - I tried filing a second claim and got a nasty note about filing 'TWO' claims - with a denial b/c they apparently refuse to see the rate or can't add even tho I've sent screen shots.
I thought you had to file within 24 hours? Anyway if they don't approve I'll just stay somewhere that isn't part of their chain! The stay isn't until July so I've got choices!
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:09 pm

Thanks - I tried filing a second claim and got a nasty note about filing 'TWO' claims - with a denial b/c they apparently refuse to see the rate or can't add even tho I've sent screen shots.
I thought you had to file within 24 hours? Anyway if they don't approve I'll just stay somewhere that isn't part of their chain! The stay isn't until July so I've got choices!
Yes, you have to file a claim within 24 hours of making your reservation but you don’t have to respond to their email right away.
Once I was denied a claim and I responded to their email 2 days later to check again and also giving them an alternate site to check and was approved.
Reply to their email, don’t file a new claim. I had back and forth five times until they finally saw what I was seeing. Give explicit instructions how you found it iPad, mobil, Firefox, safari, etc. Good luck.
​​​​​​​
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:22 pm

Thanks again, soooo frustrating - another denial, another check that the rate hadn't changed, sent link and screen shot AND notice that I had linked from hotelscombined (which I thought the url would show), didn't think to say what brower, but I think they just don't want to be bothered and are entrenched in saying no - I'm not so loyal that I'm willing to put up with much more. They may not care but when I've gone from over 100 nights year to 30 (lifetime plat so no need to worry about stays) and if others do the same some day they might care (rant over).
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:35 pm

Thanks again, soooo frustrating - another denial, another check that the rate hadn't changed, sent link and screen shot AND notice that I had linked from hotelscombined (which I thought the url would show), didn't think to say what brower, but I think they just don't want to be bothered and are entrenched in saying no - I'm not so loyal that I'm willing to put up with much more. They may not care but when I've gone from over 100 nights year to 30 (lifetime plat so no need to worry about stays) and if others do the same some day they might care (rant over).
very important to give exact instructions how to duplicate. One time my husband’s Android was showing a different rate than I saw on my iPhone.

But it it looks like they wore you down before you wore them down. I don’t back down if I know it’s a valid claim and sometimes I feel they just give in to shut me up. LOL.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:31 am

Hi All

I had a quick question if marriott site is charging me a child fee increasing the total charge for the room v/s expedia or other ota's not charging the child fee, will this still work to get the LNF ?

Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:08 pm

Even after doing all this they still don't seem to be able to see (?process) the rate that is clearly available - they didn't even bother to reply to the last response I gave them with more specific info

so THEY MADE IT EASY FOR ME TO BOOK AWAY FROM MARRIOTT!!!! Some things are just not worth the effort and the benefits I might get aren't worth the lower price for the competition

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

very important to give exact instructions how to duplicate. One time my husband’s Android was showing a different rate than I saw on my iPhone.

But it it looks like they wore you down before you wore them down. I don’t back down if I know it’s a valid claim and sometimes I feel they just give in to shut me up. LOL.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:43 pm

Even after doing all this they still don't seem to be able to see (?process) the rate that is clearly available - they didn't even bother to reply to the last response I gave them with more specific info

so THEY MADE IT EASY FOR ME TO BOOK AWAY FROM MARRIOTT!!!! Some things are just not worth the effort and the benefits I might get aren't worth the lower price for the competition
Sorry to hear.
But there’s always a next time.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
consecutive nights being combined into one res.

I have a trip coming up , and I'm a bit unsure of dates still and no flights booked yet. So I made 2 separate consecutive night reservations and put in LNF claims for each. They were both approved but the agent combined the res. I strongly suspect Im not going to be able to separate them, anyone got any advice on what to do to avoid a repeat?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I have a trip coming up , and I'm a bit unsure of dates still and no flights booked yet. So I made 2 separate consecutive night reservations and put in LNF claims for each. They were both approved but the agent combined the res. I strongly suspect Im not going to be able to separate them, anyone got any advice on what to do to avoid a repeat?
You can just call to adjust the reservation when you have the dates confirmed - Marriott started doing that for a while now (I think they are trying to stop people from getting cheaper per night rates by doing several one day LNFs).
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nacho
You can just call to adjust the reservation when you have the dates confirmed - Marriott started doing that for a while now (I think they are trying to stop people from getting cheaper per night rates by doing several one day LNFs).
yep, you can still adjust. They have been combining them for quite some time ... several years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.