Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by htb
I had the same problem. They say, they could see the booking in booking.com, but not in their own (Marriott) system. And because of that my claim could not be verified.

This was for the CY Ginza.

HTB.
I have worked out where my problem is! So the Kayak.co.uk site has one price inc taxes - the Kayak USA price is more expensive and has taxes in addition. Marriott say they can only agree claims that they can verify... even though i have sent a screen shot and a link!

anyone have any ideas?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by stevietommo
I have worked out where my problem is! So the Kayak.co.uk site has one price inc taxes - the Kayak USA price is more expensive and has taxes in addition. Marriott say they can only agree claims that they can verify... even though i have sent a screen shot and a link!

anyone have any ideas?
Tell them to go to kayak.co.uk not kayakUSA?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver
It looks like CancelOn rates aren't valid for LNF)

According to the Terms and Conditions of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee, the guarantee does not apply to rates available on auction websites. Our research considers this type of re-sale site "auction" in nature. You are purchasing from an individual through a third party. The rate is determined by the individual and not consistently offered.

https://www.cancelon.com/faq
How does it work?

Seller posts a hotel reservation on Cancelon.
2. Buyer selects a reservation Buyer wants to buy.
3. Buyer buys the reservation via Cancelon. Seller will get the payment a day after the check-out day, to prevent Seller from selling the hotel reservation to more than one Buyer.
4. Both Seller and Buyer should follow rules and formalities of the hotel.

For this reason, we must deny your claim under the terms of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee program.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by MarylandGuy
It looks like CancelOn rates aren't valid for LNF)
Ha. Where's the auction part in their explanation?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AE*E, Hyatt Diamond, AAdv, BA Exec
I have a question regarding LNF eligibility. I booked a room in Quebec -= marriot rate was 300$. Competing rate was $160.
Here is the response I got:
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to review your claim for Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee. I am denying your claim because the rate you have compared does not have the same guarantee and cancellation requirements as the rate you have booked with Marriott. The comparison rate has the booking requirements below:

"We will not charge you for cancellations made before 10:00 am on 24/08/2017."

Your Marriott rate has these booking requirements:

"You may cancel your reservation for no charge until October 17, 2017 (4 day[s] before arrival)."

I thought the cancellation did not need to be the same.Should I dispute?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by toflyer
I have a question regarding LNF eligibility. I booked a room in Quebec -= marriot rate was 300$. Competing rate was $160.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to review your claim for Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee. I am denying your claim because the rate you have compared does not have the same guarantee and cancellation requirements as the rate you have booked with Marriott. The comparison rate has the booking requirements below:

"You may cancel your reservation for no charge until October 17, 2017 (4 day[s] before arrival)."

Unfortunately the cancellation policies must be the same.

I wouldn't be surprised if more and more competitor websites have slightly varied cancellation policies for hotels in programs that offer rate guarantees, thereby protecting their income.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:37 am

The cancellation policies have to be the same.

If Marriott has a nonrefunadable rate that is higher than the OTA and you aren't going to cancel, then write them back and ask LNF to change your rate to the nonrefundable one as they have already seen your $160 rate and they can and should be able to do that.

Good luck.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:39 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum

Sorry to say that, you thought wrong.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
...If Marriott has a nonrefunadable rate that is higher than the OTA and you aren't going to cancel, then write them back and ask LNF to change your rate to the nonrefundable one as they have already seen your $160 rate and they can and should be able to do that.

Good luck.
Are you implying that in case Marriott has a higher non-refundable rate, then you can book a Refundable rate, submit a LNF claim and then ask them to change the rate to the non-refundable one after approving your LNF claim?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by puchong
Are you implying that in case Marriott has a higher non-refundable rate, then you can book a Refundable rate, submit a LNF claim and then ask them to change the rate to the non-refundable one after approving your LNF claim?
No.

If there is a nonrefundable rate on Marriott that is higher than the nonrefundable rate that was found on the OTA, then he can use that for his LNF claim.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
...If there is a nonrefundable rate on Marriott that is higher than the nonrefundable rate that was found on the OTA, then he can use that for his LNF claim.
The only reason why I am reluctant to do this is because I don't want to be lied to by Marriott (e.g. "cannot find the lower rate") and then be stuck with a much higher non-refundable booking. Might as well stay somewhere else.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:06 am
KRS

In the past a lot of the non-refundable rates were "cancel within one day of booking" which meant they could be used for LNF booking, and one had time to cancel if the claim was not approved (or responded to in time).

Now I see less of this wording and instead I see (an example for the Berlin Marriott):
Advance Purchase rate, prepay in full
(...)
You may cancel your reservation for no charge until 26 August 2017.
(...)
Does this mean I need to cancel today (25 August), or can I also cancel with no charge tomorrow?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by KRS
In the past a lot of the non-refundable rates were "cancel within one day of booking" which meant they could be used for LNF booking, and one had time to cancel if the claim was not approved (or responded to in time).

Now I see less of this wording and instead I see (an example for the Berlin Marriott):

Does this mean I need to cancel today (25 August), or can I also cancel with no charge tomorrow?
Hmmm I have had multiple sucesses when LNF a flexible marriott.com rate vs. a flexible OTA rate even though the cancellation policies was not exactly the same some times up to 72h difference if I recall correctly ...
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
One sad fact of life I have become accustomed to when I started staying 50+ nights a year in hotels was the "Look No Further" Program is a bit of a sham. Hyatt also has Best Rate Guaranteed Program that will deny almost any claim.

These things are simply exercises in futility.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I'm surprised at how painless it was to get Marriott to approve my LNF rate.

For the past two years, we've been focusing on Hyatt, as we had lounge access with our status. It was always a battle to get Hyatt to approve the Best Rate Guarantee claim, but I was always able to convince them on the phone. Now that Hyatt's BRG is almost worthless, we're going to focus on Marriott, as we have Marriott Gold status with our Amex Platinum.

I submitted a claim for the Marriott Marquis in New York City, which is always outrageously expensive, for a week during spring break. Marriott's average nightly rate is $377.75, and an OTA (found with Trivago) had it for around $250 per night (prepaid). I booked the lowest refundable rate with Marriott, with a note asking them to change it to prepaid if the LFN claim is approved.

When I woke up the next morning, Marriott had responded, adjusting the rate to just over $190 per night! We still have to pay the ridiculous 'destination fee' of $25 per night, but it's still a pretty good rate for something central in New York.

Last edited by ryandk; Sep 4, 2017 at 7:05 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.