Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fontecruz Sevilla, Autograph Collection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP

I couldn't find a thread for this hotel. If one exists please merge this post.

I had a paid stay here Sept 30 -Oct 3 2014. Hotel is located very close to the Palacio Real and the Cathedral on a very narrow back street. I would not advise trying to drive to this hotel. We took taxis to and from the train station for € 12.00 each way.

The outside of the building is very unimpressive but the interior is quite nice. As a Plat I was given the Full Buffet each day. A very nice spread of meats, cheeses, fruit, breads, pastries, cereals, etc. You can also order from the menu at no charge. Restaurant has indoor & outdoor seating. IMHO, this was the best breakfast spread of all our stays in Spain.

One of the highlights of this hotel is the 4th floor patio. Food and drink from the restaurant are available nightly and the view of the Cathedral is great. This hotel has a small pool adjacent to the outdoor restaurant seating.

I really want to like this hotel but I just can't recommend it. The Wi-Fi signal in our room was terrible and there was never hot water in the shower. During our stay they flushed the hotel water system with chlorine and we were without water for 6 hours. Maybe these problems were only for our room but I wouldn't return.

Last edited by jrsinpdx; Oct 9, 2014 at 1:49 pm Reason: Can't spell
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report! Heck everything sounded great until your last paragraph. Hopefully the water situation was a 1-off. I'll update the exec lounge sticky with the breakfast info.

Cheers.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:16 pm

Any AC Fontecruz Sevilla, Spain reviews?

I have an upcoming reservation here, but couldn't find a thread for this property. The stickied lounge thread at the top mentions there is NO lounge for this property, although full breakfasts are available.

The location looks very good, but I'm curious what elite benefits will be honored for Marriott Plats. Room upgrade? Is the free breakfast strictly enforced for 2 persons?

If no benefits, then I'm tempted to book elsewhere.

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:36 am

If you do end up staying there, please do a trip report in this thread so that others will know what it's like, offers, etc. Thx.

Cheers.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If you do end up staying there, please do a trip report in this thread so that others will know what it's like, offers, etc. Thx.

Cheers.
I posted about this hotel October4, 2014. Post is titled "Fontecruz Sevilla, Autograph Collection"
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can we use Autograph in the title and not AC. Especially in Spain!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by jrsinpdx
I posted about this hotel October4, 2014. Post is titled "Fontecruz Sevilla, Autograph Collection"
Ah, didn't realize the guy was talking about an Autograph Collection. Perhaps we should get this thread merged with that one.

Cheers.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 7:54 am

Does anyone know the email address for this hotel?

I contacted Marriott to request the email address, but they have yet to get back to me. Thanks!

**EDIT**: NVM, just found it. For future reference, it's [email protected]

Last edited by iluvdoco; Aug 13, 2015 at 8:21 am
Old Dec 27, 2015, 10:06 am

FYI this property is longer part of the Autograph Collection as of December 31, 2015
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by DealAddict
FYI this property is longer part of the Autograph Collection as of December 31, 2015
Thanks for the update. I'll remove it from the exec lounge sticky.

I think you said in the Autograph Collection thread that they'll honor reservations already made but no elite benefits such as nights/points etc.

Cheers.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Yes, that is correct, the letter stated they would honor prior reservations but I assume no elite benefits since they will not be a part of Marriott. I have an LNF rate.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:32 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by DealAddict
That's a shame as it was the most centrally located property in Seville. It's also a bit of a surprise, considering the property only joined the Autograph Collection in late summer or early fall of 2014.

I wonder if the Fontecruz Lisboa will be sticking around?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: None - previously UA
This property still seems to be part of Autograph collection?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Unable to book anything at the hotel after March 31, 2016.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by jtp1947
Unable to book anything at the hotel after March 31, 2016.
Ok my res is before then I assume will still earn points, just made it. As others have noted the location here is much more centrally located compared to other properties...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.