Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Honeymoon! Need some recommendations!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon! Need some recommendations!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2003, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Best for Honeymoon?

I'm currently trying to plan my honeymoon for May '04 and I have 275,000 points, currently Gold status. The vacation package looks to be the best way to go, but to where? Anyone have ideas for the best property to spend 7 nights in? I am leaning towards something tropical, but we're open to anything.

Also, I don't suppose there are any all-inclusive Marriott properties, are there?

Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 9:44 am

Since you are located in Texas I would recommend the Marriott on Kauai. So beautiful!
Old Jul 30, 2003, 11:06 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA MM Lifetime Gold, BA Silver
we're heading to the st. kitts marriott for our honeymoon in mid sept. there's a great thread on this property already started. i'll write up a note on our experience there when we return in late sept.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
The Renaissance Ocho Rios, Jamaca is an all inclusive, but I have never stayed there and don't know about the property. I'm not sure of any other all inclusive resorts that Marriott has.

The JW Phuket in Thailand is a good tropical option, and I highly recommend St. Kitts.

There are a lot of options for you - do you have any specific things you are looking for?
Old Jul 31, 2003, 7:51 am

If you go to the Marriott web page, click "specials and packages" and then "romance", you will come up with some options that include breakfast and dinner as well as other items, such as strawberries and champagne and spa treatments.
Old Jul 31, 2003, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I've heard really good things about the St. Kitts property. Thailand sounds interesting.

We're not looking for anything in particular, just someplace romantic, and not somwhere you would normally go. The only area we are not really considering is Europe, since my fiancee is from there and we travel there often.
Old Jul 31, 2003, 12:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Places my wife liked:
Australia.

Ko Olina in Hawaii. (Ocean View with Private Balconey and moonlight)

I would also look at some of the Marriott Vacation Clubs:
Marriott's Phuket Beach Club - Phuket, Thailand

Marriott Aruba
Old Jul 31, 2003, 5:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We enjoyed both Renaissance Wailea and Marriott Kauai. Ren Wailea was a honeymoon trip; Kauai was a few months later.

Those were also our two favorite Hawaiian islands: probably the best two for honeymooners. We also enjoyed the Big Island: less romantic, but we went specifically for the volcano and hiking.

(Note that Ren Wailea may not be a Marriott for much longer. The Outrigger Wailea (now a Marriott) appeared to be a somewhat lower-scale property than the Renaissance, but I don't know what the rooms are like.
Old Jul 31, 2003, 7:42 pm

I recommend the JW Marriott Ihilani on Oahu...remote from the bustle of Honolulu and Waikiki, very romantic!

Old Jul 19, 2004, 10:10 am

Programs: UAL Prem Exec (1K past 2 years), Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz 5Star
Unique honeymoon idea's

Hello everyone,
I have searched the Marriott thread's and haven't found much on honeymoon travel, so I thought that I would start one of my own.

We are looking for a unique honeymoon location, and I would be interested in using MR points for the hotel--I currently have 250k and have been platinum for 5 years running...(still earning more points weekly).

Our first thought was to take a trip to Tahiti/Bora Bora/Moorea, but I was disappointed to see that there are no Marriott properties anywhere in the French Polynesia islands.

We wouldn't rule out Hawaii, but I feel that it is just too 'easy' to get there. I live on the East Coast (Washington D.C. area). Both of us like the beach idea, but we aren't ones to just sit on the beach for hours either--it would be nice if snorkeling, hiking, etc were available. For the flight we will be using a *alliance award (I have 450k miles with UA). The trip is next July, and we are looking to go for approximately 10 nights.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Old Jul 19, 2004, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Well, on our honeymoon.....

Hmmm, never mind

Enjoy yourselves
Old Jul 19, 2004, 8:01 pm
Suspended

JW Marriott Phuket Resort and Spa (Great Hotel, but only requires category 4 points; presumably because you get a lot of baht for your buck)

Marriott's Phuket Beach Club Timeshare property that does not appear to accept reward stays.

For flights, you've got your choice between Star Alliance members Singapore Air and Thai Airways, amongst others.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 5:44 am

Fiji

Marriott is opening a resort in Fiji. I don't know if it is actually opened yet, but it may be by the time your honeymoon hits. My wife and I went to Fiji for our honeymoon and loved it.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 4:49 pm

Programs: UAL Prem Exec (1K past 2 years), Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz 5Star
Thanks

Thank you for your input...if anyone has any additional info I will gladly take it! Has anyone stayed in Phuket? The hotel looks nice, but is only a cat. 4. Is there a reason for that?
Old Jul 22, 2004, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Originally Posted by OceanCity98
Thank you for your input...if anyone has any additional info I will gladly take it! Has anyone stayed in Phuket? The hotel looks nice, but is only a cat. 4. Is there a reason for that?
The JW Phuket Resort is simply excellent. As a Silver I was upgraded to an oceanview patio room with terrace!

The fact that it's a Cat 4 makes it a steal. I'd say it's even nicer than the Cat. 6 or Cat.7 properties in NY (read: the Marquis.....YUK!). If you are doing a romantic dinner, I'd strongly recommend you book a tent by the ocean on the beach and dine at sunset. They provide a cnadle lit path to the beach and set up a romantic dinner for two by the ocean. It's simply amazing and memorable. At THB 3000 per person, it's a bargain! Service is top notch.

I was actually so tempted that I ALMOST bought a time share there.....oh well..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.