Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

EDITION Miami Beach -- Reservation Questions

Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle

As was noted in a different thread, the new Edition Miami Beach is offering some great redemptions for March 2015. I just *attempted* to book a 3 night in stay in March for 2 adults and 2 kids.

1. After completing the reservation, I got a "Your reservation has been completed successfully but we are unable to order your reward at this time. Please call us (during business hours)." I've never gotten this before when booking a MR redemption. Should I be worried?

2. The reservation is quoting a $200/night upcharge for "additional adults. Children may be exempted." Have others dealt with this upcharge at other resorts? I'm concerned about the use of the word "may". My kids are 7 and 10...so I'd think they are well within the parameter of any child definition.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Don't know the answer to your questions, but since it's a new property please do a trip report in this thread. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, PC Plat, UA
Has anybody stayed at the Miami Edition? I have a points reservation over the new year and trying to decide between here and the Winter Haven. I can't see any reviews online and I need to cancel one of the reservations 30 days before hand.

I have stayed at the Winter Haven before and love the location and was well looked after. Although would prefer a pool and gym. I'm tempted by the Edition, partly for somewhere different as we've stayed at most of the hotels in Miami.

We will be there to unwind and enjoy ourselves, typically we don't stay anywhere between 5th and 14th, I just can't decide if the Edition is just that bit too far out?

Appreciate your thoughts...especially on plat treatment

Thanks...David
Old Nov 18, 2014, 12:03 pm

Don't know your last stay at Winter Haven, but we had this report in the exec lounge sticky recently:

Didn't see a dedicated thread for Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, in Miami Beach, so thought I'd post here. Noticed this in the exec lounge sticky, posted by jlb83.

"Miami Beach / Winter Haven, Autograph Collection / NO LOUNGE; Coupons for cont'l breakfast for Gold/Plats daily; 08/09/13 update

This is still correct, just want to clarify: the cont'l breakfast is for TWO people - that is, ONE breakfast for TWO people, not one cont'l breakfast per person. It's 2 slices of toast and 3 mini croissants (plain, chocolate, and raisin when I was there).

OR you can apply $7.55 per person to something else on the menu. I just added some eggs or meat to my con't brekkie each day. It was just a few dollars.

I have to say only applying $7.55 per person is really low, esp since I was alone. The waitress said the hotel has been having "issues" with this - lots of people are complaining."

OTOH - at Edition technically you're not supposed to get brekkie, so that may be a bit of a wash.

Cheers.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, PC Plat, UA
My stay was May this year and the details posted below were in force then. I got the regular continental breakfast one day which was very poor, so upgraded for the remaining days.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Don't know your last stay at Winter Haven, but we had this report in the exec lounge sticky recently:

Didn't see a dedicated thread for Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, in Miami Beach, so thought I'd post here. Noticed this in the exec lounge sticky, posted by jlb83.

"Miami Beach / Winter Haven, Autograph Collection / NO LOUNGE; Coupons for cont'l breakfast for Gold/Plats daily; 08/09/13 update

I have to say only applying $7.55 per person is really low, esp since I was alone. The waitress said the hotel has been having "issues" with this - lots of people are complaining."

OTOH - at Edition technically you're not supposed to get brekkie, so that may be a bit of a wash.

Cheers.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:33 pm

Reposting this from another thread--

First time using Marriott Rewards via Chase points transfer. Would love some expert opinions here. I made a rewards reservation at the Miami Beach Edition for 12/5 and 12/6. The reservation is for 90k miles for two nights, but I don't have the points in my account yet. However Marriott.com still let me make the reservation with the flag that I have to add an "e-certificate." I've never booked a rewards res like this before. In addition to that weird wrinkle - being able to reserve the room without the points - they're also now telling me that the room can only be cancelled 30 days before the stay. If I cancel now, I'll get charged for the full room rate which is absurdly high.

I need your help, folks. Is there any way I can get out of this reservation? I'm not going to have enough points for the stay, and I don't want to pay through the nose for a full rate cancellation fee. Really appreciate the help!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by bennettrich
Reposting this from another thread--

First time using Marriott Rewards via Chase points transfer. Would love some expert opinions here. I made a rewards reservation at the Miami Beach Edition for 12/5 and 12/6. The reservation is for 90k miles for two nights, but I don't have the points in my account yet. However Marriott.com still let me make the reservation with the flag that I have to add an "e-certificate." I've never booked a rewards res like this before. In addition to that weird wrinkle - being able to reserve the room without the points - they're also now telling me that the room can only be cancelled 30 days before the stay. If I cancel now, I'll get charged for the full room rate which is absurdly high.

I need your help, folks. Is there any way I can get out of this reservation? I'm not going to have enough points for the stay, and I don't want to pay through the nose for a full rate cancellation fee. Really appreciate the help!
You should have read the cancellation policy first. Not sure why you missed that?

In any case, your best bet is to call the hotel directly, explain the situation, and see if they will be kind enough to help.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:22 am

Miami Edition now officially open. Category 9.

"The Miami Beach EDITION emphasizes a simple yet sophisticated design sensibility, evident in the 294 luxurious guest rooms including suites, bungalows and a soaring Penthouse. The urban resort featuring a formidable range of dining and entertainment options, including a restaurant by Michelin-starred chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten and full floor entertainment area complete with a bowling alley, ice-skating rink and nightclub. Facing the Atlantic Ocean are two outdoor pools with outdoor bars, personal cabanas; an outdoor movie theatre and 70,000 square feet of beach front- the largest in the city. A 24-hour state-of-the-art high performance fitness center and spa offer cutting edge health and wellness treatments. The Miami Beach hotel also boasts a spectacular 8,300 square foot private event space with its own dedicated entrance on Collins Avenue; a 2,400 square foot private outdoor event terrace with expansive ocean views and 3 meeting studios."

For a longer description/homage to Schrager with almost promises to solve world hunger etc, read this:

http://news.marriott.com/2014/12/the...es-of-age.html

Whomever stays at Miami Edition first, please do a trip report. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by rflor
As was noted in a different thread, the new Edition Miami Beach is offering some great redemptions for March 2015. I just *attempted* to book a 3 night in stay in March for 2 adults and 2 kids.

1. After completing the reservation, I got a "Your reservation has been completed successfully but we are unable to order your reward at this time. Please call us (during business hours)." I've never gotten this before when booking a MR redemption. Should I be worried?
Following up on my original post, a short phone call to Marriott Rewards resulted in the certificates being issued. The agent explained human intervention was necessary because I made the reservations before the hotel was opened.

I still have no good answer on if my kids will get charged for the $200/night upcharge. MR assures me no...but we will see in March. Stay tuned for that.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:46 am

I may stay in December. No Lounge Correct?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by jr1202sr
I may stay in December. No Lounge Correct?
No lounge & no breakfast per T&C (unless they decide to do something for Plats, but I wouldn't count on it). Plus no points on incidental spend.

Cheers.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 11:22 am

Edition Miami Beach

Just completed a weekend stay. Very modern decor, white and light pastel wood colors. Liked the separate shower. As a plat upgraded to top floor ocean view room. Full Breakfast was comped at either Market or Matador, which was an excellent value as cost was apprx $80. Two pools and beach chairs at n/c. Excellent job training staff as everyone went beyond expectations to ensure a pleasant stay.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:03 pm

Thanks for the trip report!

Cheers.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Thanks for the report! Do you know if Gold's were being offered breakfast as well?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
This place seems like a great location to redeem points. 5 nights in February for $5,378.10 excluding the $25/night resort fee. Using 180,000 points yields 2.98 cents per point of value.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.