Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards’ MegaBonus opens August 13, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Register between August 13 and November 15, 2014 for your own personalized offer on stays between September 15, 2014 and January 15, 2015.

http://www.marriottrewards.com/MegaBonus2014

Offers people got:

Earn double points with every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points

Earn 2500 bonus points with every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points

Earn 25,000 bonus points after 12 paid nights, plus an additional 5,000 points after 18 paid nights, up to 30,000 bonus points

Earn 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 points after 20 paid nights, up to 40,000 bonus points.

Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 points after 25 paid nights, up to 50,000 bonus points

Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 2,000 for every additional paid night, up to 55,000 bonus points

If you're not automatically enrolled for a MegaBonus offer when you login to your account, simply call up the Customer Service number (801-468-4000 or 800-450-4442 (tell The Robot who answers the 800 number that "I want to combine Marriott accounts" and you'll be transferred to a real person)) and you'll be assigned one of the offers.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards’ MegaBonus opens August 13, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:30 pm

Got the double points bonus and sent an email to Marriott Customer Care hoping to change to 2500/stay bonus, denied as Platinum...zzz
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott PP/LT Plat, Golden Circle Diamond
Originally Posted by craz
I wouldnt say that, I decided on a road trip the last min for this past Sun/Mon. I had a cat4 cert that was gonna exp before my next trip out West. Ended up using it at a FI whose rate was $299+ for the night and I didnt have to go out of my the FI was just outside my destination

By the time the current MB ends I will have crossed over to LT Plat = no longer needing to do mattress runs to complete a MB or get to LT Plat. Going forward the only MBs Id be interested in are the 2-4-1 certs if they should ever come back
Your example is exactly why I don't like certs. It was by dumb luck the cert had value. Not much of an incentive. And they expire. I've love MR to convert my annual cert to points.

I have LTP already. Some Marriott hotels I still stay because it's the best value for the location. Others I stayed at Marriott chasing points and LT. Those does are gone
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:48 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Mine says 'Earn up to 25,000 points' and then goes on to tell me that it's 35k after 20 nights plus 15k for another 5.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Kacee
2X beginning with second stay, max of 25,000 points.

I am underwhelmed.

Will definitely not incent any Marriott stays for me. Unlike the HHonors promotions (where I scored 62,000 points on a single Conrad NYC stay last year).
Same here.

Was hoping to get a few certs for next summer...nope.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by wethereyet
Your example is exactly why I don't like certs. It was by dumb luck the cert had value. Not much of an incentive. And they expire. I've love MR to convert my annual cert to points.

I have LTP already. Some Marriott hotels I still stay because it's the best value for the location. Others I stayed at Marriott chasing points and LT. Those does are gone
Didnt MR convert certs to pts in the past and thats 1 reason they KOed the certs since 2 nights = 1 cat 5 = 25k instead of staying the 20+ nights to get 25k.

Even thou I didnt do in the past as good as I did this time, I usually did get very good value out of my certs. But there arent any cat5s left where I go to in HI, and with the constant yearly cat increases there are less and less cat 4s and 5s yet still enough out there to make them still worthwhile for my usage.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a note for UK based travellers at least one UK based poster on insiders got a higher-end points offer. So that theory is flawed.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by wethereyet
Still stand by the certs being worthless for the people that Marriott truly wants to keep coming back. There person who can barely qualify for a few stays to get a couple low tier certs isn't what pays the bills at Marriott

For those who stay a lot, the certs suck.
And yet some of the road warriors also appreciate the certs Because while one gets a lot of nights year round in Marriott properties there are times when travel might be less during one of the promos & thus won't hit the nights but will get the stays to get the certs, which can be used both domestically & internationally. It's never an absolute & your constant refrain that it is is a bit silly IMO.

Cheers.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Nada; zip; zilch, rien. Same for hubby as my account. We have a few stays already booked for this year.

A Note About This Promotion
We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.
The reason for this error could be:
You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
You are not eligible for this promotion
This promotion has expired

EXPIRED???
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
And yet some of the road warriors also appreciate the certs Because while one gets a lot of nights year round in Marriott properties there are times when travel might be less during one of the promos & thus won't hit the nights but will get the stays to get the certs, which can be used both domestically & internationally. It's never an absolute & your constant refrain that it is is a bit silly IMO.

Cheers.
Exactly,had that happen a few times, the last being 2 MBs ago. Ended up Overseas where they werent any MRs at all, called and switched to the 2-4-1 cat5s and having those 2 certs were alot better then getting nothing at all
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DebitNM
Nada; zip; zilch, rien. Same for hubby as my account. We have a few stays already booked for this year.

A Note About This Promotion
We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.
The reason for this error could be:
You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
You are not eligible for this promotion
This promotion has expired

EXPIRED???
Not to sound like a broken record, but have you tried calling them or leaving a message using the contact us link?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
As a leisure traveler, very disappointed that no certs are offered. Guess I won't have to hotel hop this time, at least.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:01 am

I got the 25,000 points offer.

I definitely would have preferred if they offered the 2 stay = 1 free night certificate offer like was offered in the past.

This and the summer promotion has made me choose hotels based on price and location more now. I used to always only book Marriott properties, but now am more open minded to book other chains.

So I say bring back the free night certificates.

soccer
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:11 pm

"I wish I had more hands..... so I could give them (Megabonus) 4 thumbs down!"
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott PP/LT Plat, Golden Circle Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
And it's silly that you say I am not entitled to my opinion. I'm not the only person I know who thinks the certs suck.

By the way, you brought it up in the thread, not me
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Honestly, I'm happy with either. The certs helped me fill out small trips where staying at the airport, or a close to home staycation, was nice to be free. And the bonus points help me towards my more lofty hotel goals.

I think it would be nice if they either alternated the promotions (certs one time, miles the next) or even gave you a choice each time without having to call and "hope" you could switch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.