Advantages to a Pre-paid booking

Old Aug 8, 14, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In my opinion hotels spend way less time thinking about upgrades and using logical metrics than people here think they do. I am basing that on seeing a Plat and Gold who booked on the same day with the same rate, check in at the same time and the Gold getting a fabulous upgrade and the Plat getting a standard one.
Old Aug 9, 14, 4:37 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal View Post
In my opinion hotels spend way less time thinking about upgrades and using logical metrics than people here think they do. I am basing that on seeing a Plat and Gold who booked on the same day with the same rate, check in at the same time and the Gold getting a fabulous upgrade and the Plat getting a standard one.
Absolutely. It more about being in the right place at the right time, any advance request / contact, hotel's attitude towards elites and dumb luck rather some pecking order on a mythical list, IME...
Old Aug 11, 14, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by joshua362 View Post
Absolutely. It more about being in the right place at the right time, any advance request / contact, hotel's attitude towards elites and dumb luck rather some pecking order on a mythical list, IME...
^+1.

I think hotels (thankfully) are far behind the airlines in this - the front desk has much more discretion than an airline ticket agent/GA might, for example. That's why I always try to smile and chat with the person checking me into a hotel - I've gotten all my worst hotel rooms when I arrive at the desk grumpy and snarling, and I don't think that's a coincidence

Search this Thread
Search Engine: