Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

UA 1000 bonus miles plus Marriott points for stays, July 23 - October 31, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P

Received an email from UA, which claims to give you 1000 bonus UA miles for staying with Marriott (while you still earn your MR points).

Registration required. Here is the link.

Here is the offer details:

Earn points or miles each night, plus 1,000 bonus miles each stay.

Stay at select Marriott locations and earn Marriott Rewards® points or MileagePlus award miles miles for your stay — the choice is yours. Plus, whichever you earn, you’ll also receive an additional 1,000 MileagePlus bonus award miles with this exclusive offer for MileagePlus members.

Offer valid for bookings made by September 5, 2014 for stays between July 23 and October 31, 2014. You can earn up to 5,000 bonus award miles through five stays.*
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Thanks very much for posting! I was able to register.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Thanks for posting!!!

Looks like there are a lot on non-participating Marriotts, though. Click on the link at the bottom of the registration page to avoid an unpleasant surprise.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by bosman
Looks like there are a lot on non-participating Marriotts, though. Click on the link at the bottom of the registration page to avoid an unpleasant surprise.
Are you talking about an opt-out list, or the list of participating hotels on the confirmation page? I spot checked the dozen or so Marriotts, JWs, and Renaissance properties I'm most likely to stay at within the next few months, and all of them are participating. Big ^ compared to Hilton's recent promo.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:22 am

Does anyone know if this promo require I earn ONLY united miles, and forgo the Marriott points?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Are you talking about an opt-out list, or the list of participating hotels on the confirmation page? I spot checked the dozen or so Marriotts, JWs, and Renaissance properties I'm most likely to stay at within the next few months, and all of them are participating. Big ^ compared to Hilton's recent promo.
Oh, come on! All Courtyards, Fairfield Inns, Towneplace Suites, and Residence Inns are not participating in this promotion and those are the properties that I stay at.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tas246
Does anyone know if this promo require I earn ONLY united miles, and forgo the Marriott points?
I suggest that you read the terms and conditions again before asking such an easily understood question.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Oh, come on! All Courtyards, Fairfield Inns, Towneplace Suites, and Residence Inns are not participating in this promotion and those are the properties that I stay at.
Well, time to belly up to the bar and perhaps pay some extra dinero if you wish to take advantage of this promotion.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Countries: Aruba, Costa Rica, Curacao, Mexico, Puerto Rico, St. Kitts-Nevis, Virgin Islands-US, and USA.

I have a friend I've convinced to stay at Marriotts & I was going to tell him to sign up for this promo, as he's got weekly stays in St. Louis at the airport properties. However, there are only 2 St. Louis properties listed & neither are the airport ones (which is a bit surprising as when I check some other states, often the airport properties are listed).

My next stay is in Amsterdam, so this promo won't work for me. But glad it does for (some) others.

Cheers.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Well, time to belly up to the bar and perhaps pay some extra dinero if you wish to take advantage of this promotion.
Unless one's company's hotel allowance doesn't provide for bellying up to the bar & paying some extra dinero.

This promo is like others - some will benefit from it & some will not.

Cheers.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:46 am
Suspended

I just find this quite interesting that it was UA and not Marriott that has advertised this promotion. I doubt that we will see a similar UA promotion that is targeted to Marriott Platinum members who benefit from the crossover rewards.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I just find this quite interesting that it was UA and not Marriott that has advertised this promotion. I doubt that we will see a similar UA promotion that is targeted to Marriott Platinum members who benefit from the crossover rewards.
My guess is that the UA/Marriott program will continue next year. There was another thread someone asked about it. I was thinking too soon to tell, but perhaps not.

Cheers.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
It's not much of a bonus really…about $10 worth of miles/stay, but I guess it's better than nothing
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by astroflyer
It's not much of a bonus really…about $10 worth of miles/stay, but I guess it's better than nothing
Agree.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by astroflyer
And you get those in addition to any Marriott points and Megabonus nights etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.