FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Atlantis, Bahamas an Autograph Collection [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1590868-atlantis-bahamas-autograph-collection-master-thread.html)

SueDonJ Jul 2, 2014 10:37 am

Atlantis, Bahamas an Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

A TUGger just posted about this:

A New Treasure for the Autograph Collection (news.marriott.com)

SkiAdcock Jul 2, 2014 11:07 am

Usually Autograph Collections are smaller, boutique hotels (well, other than the Cosmo). The Atlantis has 3,400 rooms, so a bit surprised they put it under the Autograph brand vs. Marriott or Ren.

From the article: "The property is expected to officially join the Autograph Collection in the fall."

Cheers.

libuser Jul 2, 2014 12:27 pm

and before anybody say anything, yes this will be a resort so no brekkie for us, and furthermore suites will be excluded. Internet will be 1Mbps for plats and not guaranteed speed. Thats what I would expect really..

socrates Jul 2, 2014 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 23131599)
Usually Autograph Collections are smaller, boutique hotels (well, other than the Cosmo). The Atlantis has 3,400 rooms, so a bit surprised they put it under the Autograph brand vs. Marriott or Ren.

From the article: "The property is expected to officially join the Autograph Collection in the fall."

Cheers.

this will be the largest hotel in the system

By going with AC it leaves the owner/operator much more operational leeway on how to run their hotel - just think of the phyiscal and operational changes that would have to occur for the hotel to become a Renaissance or Marriott

BostonFlyer1624 Jul 2, 2014 1:26 pm

I wonder what category.

billycwhatup Jul 2, 2014 1:32 pm

The new category 14

SaintsFan Jul 2, 2014 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by billycwhatup (Post 23132508)
The new category 14

Good Lord that's funny! :D

CPRich Jul 2, 2014 2:42 pm

Wow, that's quite a coup. I wonder of the Dubai property will follow soon. And the newly announced property in Sanya China. They're pretty tightly linked.

They have such a wide range of rooms, I wonder if they'll offer different buildings at different award levels.

bitburgr Jul 2, 2014 3:15 pm

I think I know where I'm going on vacation next year.

MileageGoblin Jul 2, 2014 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by libuser (Post 23132108)
and before anybody say anything, yes this will be a resort so no brekkie for us, and furthermore suites will be excluded. Internet will be 1Mbps for plats and not guaranteed speed. Thats what I would expect really..

Is it that hard to write breakfast instead of the god-awful "brekkie" when you are writing three sentences instead of just a short one sentence?

MileageGoblin Jul 2, 2014 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by billycwhatup (Post 23132508)
The new category 14

+$100 upcharge/night to get out of the lowly Beach Tower to not as lowly Corals. :o

rpk113 Jul 3, 2014 7:05 am

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin (Post 23133250)
+$100 upcharge/night to get out of the lowly Beach Tower to not as lowly Corals. :o

Category: "Just give us whats in your account"

EricH Jul 3, 2014 8:02 am

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin (Post 23133227)
Is it that hard to write breakfast instead of the god-awful "brekkie" when you are writing three sentences instead of just a short one sentence?

+1

SkiAdcock Jul 3, 2014 8:06 am

Is it that hard to stay on-topic vs. sidetracking it with a spelling debate? :p :D

BTW - countdown 'til we get the first FTer asking when s/he can book the property ;)

Cheers.

dw Jul 3, 2014 8:19 am

Originally Posted by CPRich (Post 23132936)
Wow, that's quite a coup. I wonder of the Dubai property will follow soon. And the newly announced property in Sanya China. They're pretty tightly linked.

I don't think so. Apparently as part of a debt restructuring a few years ago the Bahamas property was turned over to a Brookfield fund... whereas the Dubai property went to a unit of Dubai World.