Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Atlantis, Bahamas an Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Good details in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30029755-post302.html

The Atlantis is made up of 4 towers that will participate for redemption stays. They are as follows:

Atlantis, Beach Tower - Do not participate in Marriott reward booking(?) (old Category 7)
Atlantis, Coral Towers - New Category 5 (35k) (old Category 8 (from March, 2018 https://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/use/category-update.mi)
Atlantis, Royal Towers - New Category 6 (50k) (old Category 8)
The Cove Atlantis - New Category 7 (60k) (old Category 9)

Apparently, you cannot redeem points for a stay at The Reef Atlantis, but you can earn points on a paid stay there.

Points are earned for room rate only. No points on incidental spend. Platinum Arrival Gift (PAG) is 500pts or food/drink amenity. $20 internet fee* is NOT waived for Gold/Plats per Marriott's T&Cs. For rooms that will have more than two people aged twelve or over, there is an "additional adult charge" per person. *For Royal, Coral, Beach Towers, internet is included as part of the daily resort fee of $50.

"For clarification purposes, the daily charge is not a resort fee. The additional charges associated with the stay currently include mandatory gratuities and a utility service fee per person per day. The amount can vary by unit type by building. These additional charges have always been in place at Atlantis."

ADDITIONAL CHARGES:

Guests of Atlantis, Harborside Resort, The Cove and The Reef Atlantis are subject to an 20% charge per night that includes taxes, the Paradise Island Tourism and Development Association levy, the Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board levy and compensation for servicing your reservation. In addition, guests will be required to pay a mandatory gratuity and utility service fee of (i) up to $25.95 per person per day depending on unit type for Atlantis guests, (ii) up to $20.70 per person per day depending on unit type for Harborside Resort guests, and (iii) up to $65.95 per person per day depending on unit type for The Cove or The Reef Atlantis guests. If you purchase a pre-paid package these charges are already included in your package price. If you do not purchase a pre-paid package, these charges will be assessed upon check out at the property. Please be advised that all mandatory gratuities, taxes, levies and service fees are subject to change.

As of 01-Jan-2015, In addition to the previous 20% tax on room rate and purchases, there is an additional VAT of 7.5%, 12%* (as of July 1, 2018), making a total tax on room rate and purchases of 37.5%. This also applies to additional adult fees (for more than two person ages 12 and older staying in the same room), but does not apply to the mandatory gratuity and utility fees. https://thenassauguardian.com/2018/05/30/vat-hike-to-12-percent/
*If you booked prior to the VAT increase, you should be able to have the original 7.5% VAT honored. https://thenassauguardian.com/2018/06/07/hotels-and-resorts-allowed-to-honor-prior-bookings-at-7-5-vat/

Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas participates in Marriott Rewards as follows:
- Points or Miles may be earned for reservations booked through www.marriott.com/atlantis or by calling 1-855-696-4732.
- Points or Miles will not be earned and Points cannot be redeemed for reservations booked through Atlantis Paradise Vacations, Atlantis.com, or AtlantisBahamas.com.
- Reward booking can be done online from Marriott website. You can also book stays with points advance (borrow points). The cancellation policy is normally 14 days in advance. Points may be redeemed for stays only by calling 1-855-696-4732. At this time, redemption stays cannot be booked online.
Print Wikipost

Atlantis, Bahamas an Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by dw
I don't think so. Apparently as part of a debt restructuring a few years ago the Bahamas property was turned over to a Brookfield fund... whereas the Dubai property went to a unit of Dubai World.
just in time for the Bahia to open. Marriott is going to have to work magic.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Is it that hard to write breakfast instead of the god-awful "brekkie" when you are writing three sentences instead of just a short one sentence?
Is it that hard to write gawdawful instead of the hideous dash-using god-awful?
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I'm actually staying there over labor day. That would be huge if it was online by then for nothing else than to get the points for the stay...

Go Gators
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Is it that hard to write gawdawful instead of the hideous dash-using god-awful?
I think you meant to say:

Is it that hard to write gawdawful instead of the hiddie dash-using god-awful?
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by libuser
and before anybody say anything, yes this will be a resort so no (censored) for us, and furthermore suites will be excluded. Internet will be 1Mbps for plats and not guaranteed speed. Thats what I would expect really..
Without regard to whether one actually gets an upgrade to a suite, there is nothing in the rules which excludes upgrades to suites at Autograph or at resorts. On the other hand, your expectations could be accurate.

Last edited by ohmark; Jul 3, 2014 at 11:47 am
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by GNVGator
I'm actually staying there over labor day. That would be huge if it was online by then for nothing else than to get the points for the stay...

Go Gators
It's just a guess but I think 'in the fall' means a bit later than Labor Day. And sometimes properties (such as the South Africa ones) are available to book on the website but don't join Marriott Rewards until later.

Cheers.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
It's just a guess but I think 'in the fall' means a bit later than Labor Day.
I would think, but then again one can also hope...

Go Gators
Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Marriott CEO discusses the deal:

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000289170
Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:42 pm

Is it that hard to write breakfast instead of the god-awful "brekkie" when you are writing three sentences instead of just a short one sentence?
Seriously? Give me a breakkie.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DO NOT TELL MY KIDS THIS NEWS. For the love of god, do not.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
Seriously? Give me a breakkie.
When I first read the initial "brekkie" post, I thought it was shorthand for "break", not "break fast", the latter term of course having been .......ized into "breakfast" in recent times, while nonetheless retaining the original meaning of the meal that signifies the breaking of one's overnight fasting period.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Hah. I loathe that word!
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Soccerdad1995
When I first read the initial "brekkie" post, I thought it was shorthand for "break", not "break fast", the latter term of course having been .......ized into "breakfast" in recent times, while nonetheless retaining the original meaning of the meal that signifies the breaking of one's overnight fasting period.
The censors of this site apparently changed one word in my post, after having confused it with a term that references a child born out of wedlock. Odd, since the term I typed is not in any way offensive as far as I know.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
It's just a guess but I think 'in the fall' means a bit later than Labor Day. And sometimes properties (such as the South Africa ones) are available to book on the website but don't join Marriott Rewards until later.

Cheers.
Since the autumnal equinox is on 9/23 this year that may be a safe bet.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Given all the uncompensated work Sharon does for us here, she can call it anything she wants to.

BTW, I am not a big fan of "veggie" and "sammie"

Last edited by joshua362; Jul 8, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.