Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Charleston West Virginia - FS Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2014, 8:03 am
Original Poster

This property is the Marriott Town Center.

Stayed here last evening after driving for several hours with more driving today.

This is a really nice property. Check-in was handled by Kathleen, who was very pleasant as well as being efficient. She promptly offered me the choice of 500 points or a gift as the Platinum welcome amenity. Kathleen also advised me that the CL was closed for the weekend, and offered me the choice of the buffet breakfast or 750 points in its place. I did not check to see if the lounge was accessible.

The buffet itself was nothing exceptional, but the service, especially from the omelet chef was very good and the coffee plentiful and hot.

The entire hotel appears to be in the final stage of a tasteful renovation.

There is a regional mall directly across the street with Macy's and Sears as two of the anchors. For dining Outback and Chili's are attached to the mall, and are about a ten minute walk from the Marriott. There are also several seemingly locally owned full service restaurants within an easy walk.

Last edited by SCEflyer; Jun 29, 2014 at 8:10 am Reason: Added formal name of property.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Thanks for sharing. I've been wanting to try this location next time I'm in Charleston for business. It's very convenient and there are oodles of dining options within walking distance.

On a related note, the awful FI on Washington Street is no longer affiliated with Marriott. It's now the Charleston Capitol Hotel.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
SCE, thanks for the update/trip report!

Cheers.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Sweet...a Marriott thread on my hometown!

There's a Courtyard under construction about 0.5 miles away from the FS Marriott that should be open sometime this fall.

When I go back to visit family, our preference is the RI up by the airport, although it can fill up fairly quickly. That said, so can this FS Marriott depending on the local conventions/sports/concerts, etc at the Civic Center across the street.

If you get tired of the CL Lounge for breakfast, take a ~5 block walk and go eat at First Watch. Best breakfast in Charleston.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:05 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by rflor
our preference is the RI up by the airport, although it can fill up fairly quickly.
I stayed at the CRW RI recently and thought it was one of the best RIs in the system.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:25 am

Stayed at the Charleston, WV FS Marriott last night. Got in too late to go the lounge but in the morning was directed to go through the restaurant to find it. They offer the same full buffet breakfast, including omelette station, to the CL as they do in the restaurant. This was for a mid-week stay.

Thought this was a nice find!
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:33 am

Thanks for the update!

Cheers.
Old May 29, 2016, 8:09 pm

Very good for a small city

Charleston Marriott Town Center

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

200 Lee St E Charleston, WV US 25301

Very good for a small city (0 Photo)

Check In

Smooth. Acknowledged my Gold status, which is nice. Provided free toothbrush and toothpaste immediately upon my request.

Room

Tastefully appointed to a full-service standard and conducive to either work or rest. Bathroom had sufficient counter space and strong water pressure, though the shower/bathtub needs a better place to keep soap and shampoo.

Desk chair was supremely comfortable. Bed was merely comfortable; the pillows were great but I would've appreciated a thicker duvet and a higher thread count on the sheets.

Service

Mostly good. While the front desk agent who checked me in was warm and cheerful, I observed a second front desk agent appear unhappy and never smile in front of guests.

Dining

Restaurant food was delicious and a great value. Can't say the same for the cocktails, unfortunately. But I very much recommend the eggplant parmesan.

Breakfast buffet had great variety and higher than usual quality, especially in the potatoes and made-to-order eggs. Avoid the "crispy" bacon, which was neither crispy nor flavorful.

Unbeatable, although something feels wrong about $15/day parking in West Virginia.

Overall

This is a very good Marriott, especially for a city of population 50,000. The restaurant was a standout, serves breakfast until late in the morning, and dinner until very late at night.

Very good for a small city

Would you like to write a review on the Charleston Marriott Town Center?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 30, 2016, 8:48 am

Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.