Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in and around Irvine, CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

Although the Irvine Marriott was recently updated the rooms are still pretty dumpy.

The Marriott Fashion Island is also run down

Thoughts?

Last edited by blacke61; Jun 24, 2014 at 1:04 pm
Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How far from Irvine are you willing to go? Are you willing to stay more northerly like up by UCI? If so I'd say Newport Beach, or more southerly? If that way, what about Aliso Viejo Ren?
Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PS as a local I have been to fundraisers, weddings and corporate events at most of these hotels, but do not necessarily have experience as a guest.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've not stayed at either the Irvine Marriott or Marriott Fashion Center, so I cannot compare the ones I've stayed at to those.

I did not, however, consider the Marriott Suties in Anaheim nor the Marriott Fullerton (at CSUF) to be rundown. But those might be too northerly for you, I dunno.

Also, if you want brand-spanking new, and don't care about the brand, these two were built and opened within the past year:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-sna-area.html

Also brand new (only open a few months) is a Springhill Suites in Anaheim:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ming-soon.html

(I don't know of any Marriott brand properties that are all that new in this area.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Jun 24, 2014 at 5:58 pm
Old Jun 24, 2014, 7:06 pm
Yub

I had a friend that really enjoyed her stay at the Newport Beach Marriott Bayview. She said that it was very nice walking around the Newport Bay Nature Preserve.

If it's for a family stay, you might want to consider the Marriott Newport Coast Villas. If you are willing to sit through a timeshare presentation, they usually have a great deal. I think that one of the packages last year was for 3 nights in a two bedroom villa for $299. I can do an owner referral for a promotion package -- just PM me if interested.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
You might try:

Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Hotel
50 Enterprise Aliso Viejo, CA 92656

Sort of trendy.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Originally Posted by Yub
I had a friend that really enjoyed her stay at the Newport Beach Marriott Bayview. She said that it was very nice walking around the Newport Bay Nature Preserve.

If it's for a family stay, you might want to consider the Marriott Newport Coast Villas. If you are willing to sit through a timeshare presentation, they usually have a great deal. I think that one of the packages last year was for 3 nights in a two bedroom villa for $299. I can do an owner referral for a promotion package -- just PM me if interested.
Marriott Bayview is my favorite. Nicest rooms, great pool, great breakfast, and 5 min from SNA if you take back roads.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:12 pm
Suspended

What's the nicest Marriott in Irvine/Central OC?

Stayed at the Marriott in Manhattan Beach. Might be out of the way but I enjoyed 3 nights there.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by cova
You might try:

Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Hotel
50 Enterprise Aliso Viejo, CA 92656

Sort of trendy.
I also would go with the Renaissance Club or the Marriott Suites Anaheim.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 10:48 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by palmetto86
Marriott Bayview is my favorite. Nicest rooms, great pool, great breakfast, and 5 min from SNA if you take back roads.
A very good suggestion.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Marriott Suites (that's the Bayview), or of course the Marriott Resort at Pelican Hill Newport Coast. That would be the best of the best. Otherwise it depends on when, how long, how many people, and what you want from the hotel.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I like staying at the Marriott Costa Mesa when I have business in nearby towns. It's an all suites property, it's close to SNA and freeways, and the staff there has always treated me well.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Another vote for the Marriott Bayview. Nice big rooms and an awesome location on the back bay. You must have a car though, there is nothing within walking distance.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Another vote for the Marriott Bayview. Nice big rooms and an awesome location on the back bay. You must have a car though, there is nothing within walking distance.
Well, if you're up to it, there are a few restaurants across Bristol street, a bit of a walk, but worth it for a #2 or #26 at Togos!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm going to revive this thread to put in a plug for the Courtyard Irvine Spectrum, which opened about 6 months ago. It's right off the 5/405 freeway interchange and very conveniently located a block from the Spectrum which has many casual and fast-casual dining choices as well as shopping and a movie theater. It's a typical new Courtyard in design however for the fitness minded, the gym is quite a bit larger than typical and they have a 25 yard lap pool. They also have a small putting green and a ping pong table, just ask the front desk for equipment. There's a lot of outdoor seating space with a firepit and outdoor fireplace and of course your typical SoCal evening makes those spaces usable most nights. It's currently a Category 4 and IMO the nicest Category 4 in Orange County, possibly even LA/SD as well at the moment, so if you have certs to burn, check it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.