Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in and around Irvine, CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in and around Irvine, CA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I'm going to revive this thread to put in a plug for the Courtyard Irvine Spectrum, which opened about 6 months ago. It's right off the 5/405 freeway interchange and very conveniently located a block from the Spectrum which has many casual and fast-casual dining choices as well as shopping and a movie theater. It's a typical new Courtyard in design however for the fitness minded, the gym is quite a bit larger than typical and they have a 25 yard lap pool. They also have a small putting green and a ping pong table, just ask the front desk for equipment. There's a lot of outdoor seating space with a firepit and outdoor fireplace and of course your typical SoCal evening makes those spaces usable most nights. It's currently a Category 4 and IMO the nicest Category 4 in Orange County, possibly even LA/SD as well at the moment, so if you have certs to burn, check it out.
Friends don't let friends stay at CYs
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I'm going to revive this thread to put in a plug for the Courtyard Irvine Spectrum, which opened about 6 months ago. It's right off the 5/405 freeway interchange and very conveniently located a block from the Spectrum which has many casual and fast-casual dining choices as well as shopping and a movie theater. It's a typical new Courtyard in design however for the fitness minded, the gym is quite a bit larger than typical and they have a 25 yard lap pool. They also have a small putting green and a ping pong table, just ask the front desk for equipment. There's a lot of outdoor seating space with a firepit and outdoor fireplace and of course your typical SoCal evening makes those spaces usable most nights. It's currently a Category 4 and IMO the nicest Category 4 in Orange County, possibly even LA/SD as well at the moment, so if you have certs to burn, check it out.
Thanks for the trip report!

Cheers.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by njcommodore
Friends don't let friends stay at CYs
Other than no free breakfast I can't think of a Cat 4 hotel in SoCal that is better, just offering it as a suggestion for local or out of towners looking to burn a cert.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:57 am

I know, a Cat4 in that area is a good find. Not to beat a dead horse, but the breakfast thing just doesn't make any sense.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
I've read that the Marriott Bayview doesn't have a concierge lounge. Does anyone know what Golds get in lieu of no lounge? I believe the lounge master thread said coupons - does that mean a discount off breakfast, or full breakfast vouchers? Also, any recent guests - can you confirm that the lobby reno is complete? I'm debating a $259/nt stay here vs $161 at the Marriott Irvine, whose rooms are small, tired, and need renos. Thanks kindly!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by LR2013
I've read that the Marriott Bayview doesn't have a concierge lounge. Does anyone know what Golds get in lieu of no lounge? I believe the lounge master thread said coupons - does that mean a discount off breakfast, or full breakfast vouchers? Also, any recent guests - can you confirm that the lobby reno is complete? I'm debating a $259/nt stay here vs $161 at the Marriott Irvine, whose rooms are small, tired, and need renos. Thanks kindly!
A quick call to the property; FDC said they give coupons for elite+1 for full buffet breakfast or order off the menu daily. Sign for the charge, but it will not appear on your bill. I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Didn't think to ask about the lobby reno, but the phone # is 949-854-4500 if you want to call & ask. FWIW - for $98/night difference btwn the 2 properties I'd probably still stay at the Marriott & apply the dif to a nice meal somewhere or shopping.

Cheers.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
A quick call to the property; FDC said they give coupons for elite+1 for full buffet breakfast or order off the menu daily. Sign for the charge, but it will not appear on your bill. I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Didn't think to ask about the lobby reno, but the phone # is 949-854-4500 if you want to call & ask. FWIW - for $98/night difference btwn the 2 properties I'd probably still stay at the Marriott & apply the dif to a nice meal somewhere or shopping.

Cheers.
Thanks for the info! I emailed them after I made a reservation and they were vague and generic on Gold benefits, to the tune of, "room upgrade if available," and no mention of breakfast benefits even though I specifically asked. Should have called in hindsight, but not so easy to do from work. Thank you for verifying, really appreciated.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by LR2013
Thanks for the info! I emailed them after I made a reservation and they were vague and generic on Gold benefits, to the tune of, "room upgrade if available," and no mention of breakfast benefits even though I specifically asked. Should have called in hindsight, but not so easy to do from work. Thank you for verifying, really appreciated.
I'll be there in 2 weeks and will report back.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by njcommodore
I'll be there in 2 weeks and will report back.
Very much appreciated, thank you!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:53 pm

Newport Beach Bayview

Noticed this on the hotel's website:

Self-parking only at USD 25 per day
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:57 pm

Newport Beach Marriott Resort & Spa

Noticed this on the hotel's website:

Rollaway beds cannot be accommodated in guest rooms with two double beds
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, WN A List, Marriott Plat
The Ren Club Sport is pretty nice; I stay there often as it's near my company's headquarters. Citrus, their restaurant, is quite good. The pool looks great - I've never used it, and the attached gym has a great reputation.

The Marriott Laguna Cliffs Resort is very nice, and architecturally a bit reminiscent of the Hotel del Coronado. Nice location in Dana Point, and I always get upgraded to an ocean view or "partial" ocean view (which have been way more than partial in my experience) when I stay there. They do impose the annoying "resort fee" and valet parking is pricey (and you pretty much need a car there) but it's a great property.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:50 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Has anyone recently stayed at the Costa Mesa Marriott? I see they charge $24 parking. Do they charge the elites?

Curious since
My rate package "Experience Shopping Package, includes 30 USD meal credit, self parking, 25 USD South Coast Plaza gift card, in-room movie, see Rate Rules" is $40 more (before tax) than the lowest rate. Seems like I would come out ahead ($30 will pay for dinner since they don't have a lounge, $25 mall gift card, $15 for in room movie-could live without, and $24 parking for rental car. Total value $94 for $40 + tax and I think the gc can be redeemed for cash in CA once the value drops below $20)

But if they routinely waive the parking fee for platinum than I may just book the cheaper rate since the in room movie doesn't add much value and than with tax it is a wash. (not counting the extra MR points on the $40)

Anyone with experience with this?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kklems
Has anyone recently stayed at the Costa Mesa Marriott? I see they charge $24 parking. Do they charge the elites?

Curious since
My rate package "Experience Shopping Package, includes 30 USD meal credit, self parking, 25 USD South Coast Plaza gift card, in-room movie, see Rate Rules" is $40 more (before tax) than the lowest rate. Seems like I would come out ahead ($30 will pay for dinner since they don't have a lounge, $25 mall gift card, $15 for in room movie-could live without, and $24 parking for rental car. Total value $94 for $40 + tax and I think the gc can be redeemed for cash in CA once the value drops below $20)

But if they routinely waive the parking fee for platinum than I may just book the cheaper rate since the in room movie doesn't add much value and than with tax it is a wash. (not counting the extra MR points on the $40)

I had it waived for a one night weekend stay. I asked the front desk if they could waive it for me as a Plat guest and they said no. It was my b'day so I added 'even if it was my b'day!', and then she smiled and waived it but did say that this is not a common practice.

Anyone with experience with this?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 8:08 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
"I had it waived for a one night weekend stay. I asked the front desk if they could waive it for me as a Plat guest and they said no. It was my b'day so I added 'even if it was my b'day!', and then she smiled and waived it but did say that this is not a common practice."

Thanks for update.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.