Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Buying MRPs with Chase Marriott VISA?

Buying MRPs with Chase Marriott VISA?

 
Old May 23, 14, 4:41 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 233
Buying MRPs with Chase Marriott VISA?

I have searched endlessly for the last hour all over the web and FT. I haven't found anything, and if the solution is obvious, please forgive my ignorance on the subject.

If I buy 50,000 MRP with my Chase Marriott VISA, will I get 5x points for that purchase?

Thanks.

ETA: also asked in the Chase card thread. Sorry, didn't see that thread until after I posted...
JerMah is offline  
Old May 23, 14, 5:31 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SacTown, Cali
Posts: 1,182
Originally Posted by JerMah View Post
I have searched endlessly for the last hour all over the web and FT. I haven't found anything, and if the solution is obvious, please forgive my ignorance on the subject.

If I buy 50,000 MRP with my Chase Marriott VISA, will I get 5x points for that purchase?

Thanks.

ETA: also asked in the Chase card thread. Sorry, didn't see that thread until after I posted...
I do not believe so because I don't believe it's actually Marriott you buy them from.
SacTownGuy is offline  
Old May 24, 14, 8:11 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 279
I would be curious about this as well. Here is the link to buy them. Not sure if it would come through on your credit card as a marriott charge. Best case scenario I imagine if you bought 50k for $625 you would just get the extra $625x5 for using your marriott card.

https://buy.points.com/PointsPartner...EN&product=BUY
Trinob is offline  
Old May 24, 14, 8:24 am
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 68,378
Originally Posted by SacTownGuy View Post
I do not believe so because I don't believe it's actually Marriott you buy them from.
I'd say 'maybe'. Don't you buy MR points on the Marriott website? So it might code as Marriott purchase.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old May 24, 14, 9:47 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 32
They don't code as the 5X. I purchased 1000 points in January as a test. Here is how it was listed on my statement. I only received the 1X for normal purchases.

MARRIOTT BY POINTS POINTS.COM IL $12.50

Points.com is the merchant not Marriott.
bigdave10000 is offline  
Old May 24, 14, 1:12 pm
  #6  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 68,378
Originally Posted by bigdave10000 View Post
They don't code as the 5X. I purchased 1000 points in January as a test. Here is how it was listed on my statement. I only received the 1X for normal purchases.

MARRIOTT BY POINTS POINTS.COM IL $12.50

Points.com is the merchant not Marriott.
Got it. Thanks for the confirmtion. Good to know for others.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old May 24, 14, 9:24 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 233
Thanks! /thread
JerMah is offline  
Old May 26, 14, 1:24 pm
  #8  
LKO
 
Join Date: May 2004
Programs: Marriott platinum
Posts: 296
The following language is in the "Terms and Conditions" on the Marriott site:
"Purchasing Points.....
Purchasing Points with the Marriott Rewards Visaź card will result in earning one Point per dollar spent on these transactions."
LKO is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: