Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Spring Hill Suites--Oceanside/Downtown

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat

Had to stay in the Oceanside area last night on business and took a chance on this property. I was cautious as Oceanside has been a dumpy, rough town....but in an aside, they have made GREAT strides in cleaning things up, and it is a quite pleasant, unassuming beachside town.

In any case, decided to try the new SHS in downtown Oceanside and, man, what a find! Only three months old, it is clean, still well-maintained and the ocean view rooms rival those of the Hotel Del! AS I am writing this, I am looking out over the Oceanside Pier, the surfers and the breaking ocean.

Rooms have a couch, bed , large workstation....pretty standard SH fare and are decorated in sandy browns and whites, very contemporary yet tastefully contemporary (not in your face contemporary like the London Edition: illogical comparison, I know)). Bathrooms are large and have full walk-in showers, no tub.

The breakfast is full with eggs, sausage, rolls, etc., better than many of the CL at the FS Marriotts. Tasty and filling.

The staff is attentive, pleasant and very friendly from the valet to the GM of the property. This is another example of how the GM sets the tone for the entire place and her employees strive to meet her example! The seem to work as a team and are very customer service oriented.

There is a "fish house" bar./restaurant next to the hotel that is great for meals next to the ocean..there is a DQ about two blocks away--something for everyone.

The beach is one block away, as is the Pier which is a lovely stroll any time of the day..

Parking is one challenge--there is public parking across the street, but the hours at which you have to pay are strange--it resets at midnight. During the day it is only two hour parking. So, I opted for the $24 valet that takes your car ro an underground, secured garage, which for Oceanside, well, I was just nervous, probably unjustifiably.

So, if you are going to Legoland (or even Wild Animal Park) or staying North San Diego County, try this place...think you'll be happy with it!
Old May 12, 2014, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the detailed report! Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old May 12, 2014, 9:36 pm

Yes, thanks for the report! Plan on staying here next month and looking forward to it.
The hotel is also within walking distance to the Amtrak station which makes it convenient
to guests arriving by train.
Old May 24, 2014, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Staying here again this weekend. Gosh, what a great staff.....and how nice to be able to sit on my balcony and look at he ocean at sunset !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.