Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards’ Summer 2014 Getaway Bonus opens May 7, 2014

Old May 9, 2014, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bdschobel
Sign into your Marriott Rewards Promotion Central to see your targeted 2014 Mid-Year “Getaway Bonus”.

Register by July 31, 2014
Stay between June 1 and August 31, 2014

For complete details, call 888-Marriott (627-7468), contact Customer Care, or visit MarriottRewards.com/GetawayBonus.

Participating Brand(s): JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott(SM), Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and Marriott Vacation Club®. The Ritz-Carlton® participates as the exclusive luxury partner to Marriott Rewards.

Offers people have received so far, and links to full Terms & Conditions

http://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/..._terms_us.html --> Double Points starting with your 2rd stay, up to 25K

http://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/..._terms_us.html --> 20K for 12 nights, additional 10K for 18 nights

http://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/..._terms_us.html --> 25K for 15 nights, additional 10K for 20 nights

http://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/..._terms_us.html --> 35K for 20 nights, additional 10K for 25 nights
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards’ Summer 2014 Getaway Bonus opens May 7, 2014

Old May 6, 2014, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPRich
Which is what gardener's analysis showed. Only the 1000 Base Points go to 2000. The other 3 line items are unchanged.

Dolphinyong - are you seeing something different? Or did you forget a "not" in your question?

So this is basically a wash with the SPG promo - double points. Though it makes the decision for May easy.
I don't' think it is a wash with SPG. It sounds like it will be a two fold bonus-

Double points after second stay AND
some sort of point bonus for hitting target number of nights
Old May 6, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I don't' think it is a wash with SPG. It sounds like it will be a two fold bonus-

Double points after second stay AND
some sort of point bonus for hitting target number of nights
That would be nice, except I doubt that's how it will play out.

The 'Stay X get Y points' promos will be the same as past Megabonuses/whatevertheycallthesummerpromo.

The double points will be the base offer, replacing the certs.

For those of us who made good use of the certs (2 nights in Warsaw booked for me) and stay on cheap LNF rates, this really is a poor substitute.
Old May 6, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Twickenham
That would be nice, except I doubt that's how it will play out.

The 'Stay X get Y points' promos will be the same as past Megabonuses/whatevertheycallthesummerpromo.

The double points will be the base offer, replacing the certs.

For those of us who made good use of the certs (2 nights in Warsaw booked for me) and stay on cheap LNF rates, this really is a poor substitute.
I guess we will find out tomorrow.

I suspect your pattern is not one they are trying to encourage.
Old May 6, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
It's been stated on several threads, both here and on Insiders, that the double miles cap at 25k miles. It also appears that the other offers are 30k points at 20 nights or 45k at 25 nights. The top offer is 5k points less than the recent offers, but in line with last summer's offer. (The very expected Unexpected Bonus.)

I wonder if the gamers who would push Marriott to convert the certs to points drove Marriott to make this change. Those who would convert four stays into 50k points may have torpedoed the certs for everyone.

This seems like a better way for Marriott to drive business. There is a significant reward for four stays, but even more for the fifth, and the sixth, etc. At 200 per room, it would take 12.5 nights to reach the maximum lowest award, versus the previous four. Every two customers who decide not to do the four stays are offset by a single customer who does the additional stays, but with less cost to Marriott on the reward.
Old May 6, 2014, 11:30 am

Are there any non-participating properties, like with SPG or Hilton?
Old May 6, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Highly unlikely. I have never seen them have non-participating properties in one of the three annual bonuses.
Old May 6, 2014, 12:11 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Disappointed, points instead of certs is a downgrade.
Old May 6, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I guess we will find out tomorrow.

I suspect your pattern is not one they are trying to encourage.
Oh, I know I'm a pretty low-yield customer for Marriott...

It's just annoying because I had worked out my reservations for my summer Europe trip in such a way as to maximize earning of certs, and now I have to rethink things. But, I'm sure enjoying my free nights at the Boscolos in Prague and Venice will help reduce the sting...

Originally Posted by CJKatl
I wonder if the gamers who would push Marriott to convert the certs to points drove Marriott to make this change. Those who would convert four stays into 50k points may have torpedoed the certs for everyone.
Has that worked recently? I remember a few getting that switch when the certs first appeared a few years ago, but haven't read of any reports the last few promos.
Old May 6, 2014, 12:48 pm

I often pass up staying in cheaper IHG, Hilton, or SPG properties in the same locations for the Marriott benefits but this might change.
Old May 6, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Any idea if Ritz Carlton will have the free night certs again? That was a fantastic promo last summer!
Old May 6, 2014, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's now an official thread on this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-7-2014-a.html

(though there wasn't at the time you posted this here).
Old May 6, 2014, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sdsearch
There's now an official thread on this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-7-2014-a.html

(though there wasn't at the time you posted this here).
I merged the two threads.

Bruce
Old May 6, 2014, 4:07 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Marriott Rewards’ Getaway Bonus opens May 7, 2014

goodbye Marriott
Old May 6, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Twickenham
Has that worked recently? I remember a few getting that switch when the certs first appeared a few years ago, but haven't read of any reports the last few promos.
It seems some members are allowed to do this once, but if you try to do it repeatedly Marriott says it's not allowed.
Old May 6, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Why can't the Marriott guy come back and clarify exactly when the double points kick in? Two different people have speculated two different things - I'd really like to know.

Hopefully the Marriott website will be clear when registration opens?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.