Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Business Credit Card

Old May 30, 2016, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
What are the current offers?
Is there a personal version of this card?
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See discussion in the wiki at Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016)
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Business Credit Card

Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by tele02
I am happy that you were approved in the end, but I am sorry that you were put through the ringer. I wish you just could have been approved without being put through the ringer.

Myself, yesterday afternoon on the last work day before the end of the 30 day period after applying on October 12, I called Chase. And the representative said, I need to fax a copy of my Social Security Card. The CSR and Ink I applied for in branch, but Marriott Business I had to apply for online, so I guess they couldn't verify my identity. Why didn't Chase just send me a letter telling so?

Now I wonder how long they will need to process it, after I sent them the fax yesterday... Well, I guess I can be happy that at least I did not have to answer questions about my business for an hour...
Interesting. I wasn't quizzed on my business, rather my identity.

Glad they didn't ask me to fax anything in, cause I can't remember the last time I saw a fax machine!
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tele02
I am happy that you were approved in the end, but I am sorry that you were put through the ringer. I wish you just could have been approved without being put through the ringer.

Myself, yesterday afternoon on the last work day before the end of the 30 day period after applying on October 12, I called Chase. And the representative said, I need to fax a copy of my Social Security Card. The CSR and Ink I applied for in branch, but Marriott Business I had to apply for online, so I guess they couldn't verify my identity. Why didn't Chase just send me a letter telling so?

Now I wonder how long they will need to process it, after I sent them the fax yesterday... Well, I guess I can be happy that at least I did not have to answer questions about my business for an hour...
Sometimes you can provide the documents to a branch that the online rep and you agreed upon. It is primarily to prove your ID. Happened a lot if yu have recent address change and the credit reports have not been updated with such change. There are other things cause ID verification required. Next time when you apply ANY Chase card, just call the Status automatic line - if the message is 30 days, your application is in limbo, not yet be reviewed. If the message is 2 weeks, your application is in the process of being reviewed and most likely being approved. If the message is 7 to 10 days, your application is denied.

You may want to read the Wiiki on Chase forum at least next time before you apply any Chase card.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...17-onward.html

The information in the Wiki is fairly thorough and up to date.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alrvd83
Thanks for the feedback. I did speak with a Marriott rep today and also got a response from my chase secure message.

It seems as if the below will happen (I have the personal and business):
-I will only get 15 elite night credits per yr, regardless if I have both cards.
That's what i always thought, but after getting my approval email from Chase yesterday for this card, I logged into my Marriott account and found that I had 15 more nights than I expected at this point. And clicking on Nights shows 31 credit card nights (1 due to $3000 spend on my personal card, 15 due to the personal card [which I've had for years] which always deposits them in January, and 15 due to the business card which just deposited them this week).

So has something changed, or did Marriott make a mistake, or is it a one-time "rescheduling" of my 15 nights (from January to November)?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Both my wife and I get 30 hotel nights per year for our collective Biz and Personal cards (2 each).
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
That's what i always thought, but after getting my approval email from Chase yesterday for this card, I logged into my Marriott account and found that I had 15 more nights than I expected at this point. And clicking on Nights shows 31 credit card nights (1 due to $3000 spend on my personal card, 15 due to the personal card [which I've had for years] which always deposits them in January, and 15 due to the business card which just deposited them this week).

So has something changed, or did Marriott make a mistake, or is it a one-time "rescheduling" of my 15 nights (from January to November)?
Originally Posted by txpenny
Both my wife and I get 30 hotel nights per year for our collective Biz and Personal cards (2 each).
My theory is that if you sign up for both cards in a single year, you only get 15 nights' credit. If, like me, you have a holdover card from a previous year, you get 15 for that & 15 for the new one. (I've got 31 right now.) I think this may well explain the differing reports noted in the wiki.

I wouldn't say I'm happy to be proven wrong, but given that this is just shy of a WAG, I won't be surprised. Have at it.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
My theory is that if you sign up for both cards in a single year, you only get 15 nights' credit. If, like me, you have a holdover card from a previous year, you get 15 for that & 15 for the new one. (I've got 31 right now.) I think this may well explain the differing reports noted in the wiki.

I wouldn't say I'm happy to be proven wrong, but given that this is just shy of a WAG, I won't be surprised. Have at it.
Churned this year for both cards after having it for 2+ years but have received 30 nights again.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:19 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by edcho
Churned this year for both cards after having it for 2+ years but have received 30 nights again.
They might well have changed the rules. I seem to remember some previous posts stating they also received 30 nights with both cards. It could well be a "change" based on the Starwood merger as SPG has always given night/stay credit for both cards and now it looks like Marriott may well be doing that as well.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by LF72
Interesting. I wasn't quizzed on my business, rather my identity.

Glad they didn't ask me to fax anything in, cause I can't remember the last time I saw a fax machine!
Yay! The story had a happy ending! Once on the 30th day of my application, I was told to fax in my SSC to Chase, I faxed it right away. A few days later, I called again, and was told, the application is still active, just that it can take up to 2 weeks until the fax is processed by Chase. I called again a few days later, to be told, that the application is inactive, but that it can be reactivated, once they can see that the fax was indeed sent within the initial 30 day period. I called again a few days later, to be told, that the application is inactive, that they are not able to see the fax in the system, and that it can not be reactivated. Also, I was told, Chase indeed sent me a letter asking for my Social Security Card, only that letter never arrived with me. I was told, I should apply again. I asked, who says, that the same hiccups with needing to send SSC and Chase sending me a letter that does not arrive happens again? As the agent could not answer that, I asked to speak to a supervisor. Turns out, it was someone right in the lending department. He said, the previous application never made it to his department, as the verification was never completed, and there is indeed nothing that can be done to reactivate it. Then, as I explained, that I do not want to go through this whole ordeal a 2nd time, he offered, that I could apply online right now, while he is still on the phone, and then he would look at the application immediately. So he stayed on the phone for 3 minutes, while I filled out the application again on the website. He was able to view the application the second after I submitted it, it was amazing. He said, I will review it, and put me on hold. After a minute, he came back, and said I was approved for $5k (which I guess is the minimum for the Marriott Business?). Anyway, I was happy that I was finally accepted for the Marriott Business. And even without being asked 100,000 questions about my business. The only thing I forgot to ask was about if expedited shipping is possible. But today, nearly 2 weeks after the approval, finally the card arrived. Yay! This friendly interaction with the very nice Chase lending employee encourages me, in the future to rather call in when not receiving an instant approval (maybe after finding out the status on an automated line, if one exists), instead of trying to wait and wait for an auto-approval, which was the strategy that I read was recommended on some forums and websites.

Once again, thank you for everyone, who accompanied me on this eventful "applying for a Marriott Business credit card" journey!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I've been wracking my brain to figure out how I can get lifetime Plat next year. I already have 13 1-night stays booked for the holidays to maximize the Megabonus.

Duh, then I saw this thread. I applied online, got the message immediately to call them. I was on the phone for almost an hour, transferred 3 times because they were having system problems. The last guy was trying to verify my business address, which I had listed as my UPS Store. The rep said "my best buddy Jamie is the owner of that UPS store!"

Too funny, luckily I was approved. ^
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:42 pm

How long does it take for the 15 nights credit to post? I'm hoping this month, so they can rollover.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
How long does it take for the 15 nights credit to post? I'm hoping this month, so they can rollover.
Mine was a few days after my closing date.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
My nights posted about 9 days after my approval, so I'll be able to roll them over. Yippee! ^
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by beltway
I have an older personal card (been open for a couple of years), and opened the Business card recently. I've already received the signup bonus points, but no additional 15 nights. So unless I'm misunderstanding when things post, this is totally random.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
I have an older personal card (been open for a couple of years), and opened the Business card recently. I've already received the signup bonus points, but no additional 15 nights. So unless I'm misunderstanding when things post, this is totally random.
When did you open the Business card? Terms say "Please allow up to 8 weeks from account open date and account anniversary date every year for the 15 nights to be credited to your Marriott Rewards® account."
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by dgreen12
When did you open the Business card? Terms say "Please allow up to 8 weeks from account open date and account anniversary date every year for the 15 nights to be credited to your Marriott Rewards® account."
I was charged for the annual fee on 11/1, so well past eight weeks by now. These would've become rollover nights for me, so I may pursue this at some point. But I can easily foresee Chase and MR pointing at one another and getting nowhere fast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.