Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold

Holy Highway Noise! I seriously had to check to make sure the windows were actually closed.

Don't really feel like changing rooms and I'm usually a fairly heavy sleeper, but a word of warning...make sure to request an interior room.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the warning!

Cheers.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Most managers will put G/P/PP in room away from first world problems, like loud traffic noise. I haven't stayed at this CY for a couple of years but do not remember any abuse like this.

I now stay at the new Renaissance Baton Rouge, a couple of miles from the CY.

My cost was similar and I love a new Renaissance!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Yeah I've stayed at my fair share of hotels right off the interstate, but I've never heard noise that loud before. Maybe as Plat they do usually put me away from it. Although at check-in last night they did ask if I wanted the 1st, 2nd or 3rd floor, but no mention that noise in the exterior rooms might be an issue.

I usually don't care enough to check TripAdvisor for work stays, but I was curious so checked it out and did see a lot of the same complaints. Otherwise it was a typical Courtyard, maybe a bit dated on the outside but did have the "Bistro" as well as updated rooms. But actually, despite being basically on the shoulder of the interstate, it was kinda hard to find once off the highway, as there was no sign by the entrance and it was tucked behind an Outback Steakhouse.
Old May 1, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Almost sounds like they need to recaulk the windows at the least.

Usually I head out early in the morning but I will make mention of an especially egregious offense to the FDA (managers seldom arrive before 7 or 8).

Whether the suggestion goes anywhere from the FDA ...

If I get a survey and I remember, I will blast the hotel on the survey. Get a response about every fourth survey.
Old May 1, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
I live about 5 min from this hotel...its an older CY so I'm sure they need to update the windows. The Renaissance is about 4 miles away down I-10 @ Bluebonnet and is very nice.

If you don't need the Full-Service. Look at the SHS @ at the Essen Lane exit. Stay away from the Full Service Marriott right now as it is held up in bankruptcy court IIRC.
Old May 1, 2014, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

On the plus side, it was very easy to get downtown from this hotel. I really only stayed there because of the location. I was coming from the west and had to be downtown early in the AM...this CY was both the first Marriott prop coming from that direction and I believe the closest to downtown.
Old May 1, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Yea, you're all of 10 minutes max from downtown and really don't need to hop on the interstate to do so...as you may already know BR has some of the greatest congestion per-capita in the US.

Really wish they'd put a Marriott downtown. You've got two Hilton properties, and an IHG with another IHG being built now...

Last edited by lsugolfer; May 1, 2014 at 3:44 pm
Old May 1, 2014, 7:07 pm

If they build a Marriott downtown, they could make a mint just selling parking for when the legislature is in town ...
Old May 3, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GoPhils

On the plus side, it was very easy to get downtown from this hotel. I really only stayed there because of the location. I was coming from the west and had to be downtown early in the AM...this CY was both the first Marriott prop coming from that direction and I believe the closest to downtown.

it is also the closest Marriott property to the LSU campus, which is why i stay there several weekends each Fall.. in re. to the noise issue, i have one word for you: Earplugs :-) .. ok, maybe that's actually two words.. seriously, i wear them whenever i stay at any hotel and the noise never affects me.. as i type this, i am at a hotel in San Antonio and the obnoxious car horn-honking of their basketball fans after a win the other night at Midnight didn't even phase me, but i heard all about it from my coworkers the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.